Sampdoria vs. AC Milan [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Catfish, Oct 27, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Just their fans rioting.

2. cro lion

cro lion New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Croatia
    3 more points good job rossoneri ... :cool:

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    This is Calcio....since when have you seen a game where tifosi haven't rioted!?!

But seriously, the referee was giving calls and fouls for Milan that both the Sampdoria players and their fans were very unhappy about...understandably.

Still...can't see how that goal doesn't stand...Serginho even gets out of the way on the shot and then it deflects off the defender into the net....seems like the only debate on the goal is whether to credit Sheva or make it an own goal. Case closed.

4. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game proved how much we really depend on Sheva. For all their fancy passes, Crespo and Tomasson never really threatened Antonioli the whole game. Sheva comes in and immediately he tests the keeper with a few shots and eventually scores the winner. If Crespo doesn't score a goal by January and Inzaghi is still injured I would expect Milan to go out and get another striker, hopefully Tevez. Because Milan has high goals this year and an injured Sheva could ruin our chances in Italy and europe.

Highlights: http://media.acmilan.com/file_stream/9673_str200.asf

5. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Tomassen scored mid-week so just hold your horses about getting new strikers. Inzaghi will be back and Pippo always finds the goal eventually, especially in Champions League (dont forget he's tied with Raul as top scorer). And finally Crespo hasn't done anything in terms of scoring, but that doesn't mean that he's been completely useless. Crespo has shown that he still has talent and experience to offer, he's still a great striker who's working hard to find his place. Lets not discourage him by talking about new strikers this early.

On another note, the most impressive player I've seen this week (other than Brocchi) has undoubtedly been Rui. What a phenomenal player Rui still is! My God! His close control, well timed sprints, passing and dribbling has looked wonderful and therefore Rui must start Tuesday! It would be criminal otherwise.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something tells me Crespo isn't reading this thread, so I don't think he will be discouraged ;) But like I said, if he doesn't score a goal by January I don't care what else he is doing off the ball. Crespo was brought to this club to score goals. Tomasson and Sheva can do all the off the ball stuff. Crespo needs to get in the box and score goals. Up until now his finishing has been horrible.

7. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    With the chances he's getting, I think it's only a matter of time before he finds the net.

8. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    Agreed.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having Kaka' and Rui together in Milan's midfield.