Sampdoria vs. AC Milan [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Catfish, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Finally Milan are back on track. I think they will cruise with a 2-0 victory over Sampdoria. Inzhagi and Costa will net goals for the Red and Black.

Forza Milan!!!

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    FYI, Catfish, I guess because the threads in this board don't get too long, it's okay to just leave your thread titles at, say, "Sampdoria vs Milan [R]". The rest is implied.

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect Maldini, Cafu, Pirlo, Kaka, and Sheva to be rested for this game ahead of the Barca match on Tuesday. So it won't be easy to win against Samp.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Very good point. Why waste the talented players on a league match and take the risk of them getting injured?

Sorry, Sue. Just did that to cover my backside. Plus every match that is televised that I watch I make comments during it.

5. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    I think only Shevchenko will be rested. Possibly Pirlo as well.

This game is probably more important than Barcelona on Tuesday. Milan has to keep the heat up on Juve.

We need 3 points from Samp. A draw against Barca will be sufficient.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Kaka' and Rui Costa play together on the midfield.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree defending the Scudetto/keeping pace with Juventus is more important. A draw is more than adequate vs. a red hot Barca.

7. rossoneri_22

Jul 18, 2004
    Official Line-Ups: Sampdoria-Milan

Milan: Dida, Costacurta, Nesta, Maldini, Pancaro, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Kaka', Tomasson, Crespo.

Subs:Subs: Abbiati, Cafu, Kaladze, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Serginho, Shevchenko

Lets see how Crespo-Tomasson works up front.

8. rossoneri_22

Jul 18, 2004
    Yeah this weekend might be our chance to make up some ground on Juve. They are without Zambrotta and Zebina for tommorows match against Chievo.

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    To me if Crespo ever wanted to show the world that he still has it, today would be a great opportunity. Plus, I enjoyed watching him play for Chelsea.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    HT 0-0.

Clearly Milan is dominating time of possession. Kaka is a brillant creator for others and has fantastic vision, but I think he needs to slow down just a little bit. Don't force any passes! Milan should finally get a few past the Sampdoria defense the 2nd half.

Forza Milan!!!!

11. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    So a scoreless first half...I hope that Milan will score in the second half.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a move by Kaka?? It is sooooo scary that he is still young!

13. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    0 - 0 is a peculiar score because Tomasson, Crespo and Kaka are functioning perfectly well together. I expect us to score in this coming half. No substitutions, by the way.

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nesta is a frickin machine. He is relentless, racing all over the pitch and with no fear.

15. Danishrossonero

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    Serginho in for Seedorf and Sheva in for Tomasson. Speaking in the 65th minute.

16. Danishrossonero

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    72 nd minute. Pirlo in for Gattuso...so much for resting players, now lets hope we get off lucky.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    And AC Sheva are set to win another game.............

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sure seemed like Serginho was interfering with the play in an offside position on that goal, even if it was turned in by the defender.

19. Danishrossonero

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    I didn t see anything wrong....
    :rolleyes:

20. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I can't tell if the eye-rolling was sheepish or directed at me. For those of you following on-line only, Serginho got the ball alone in front of goal after a nice 1-2 with Kaka (I think). Antonioli (who has had a brilliant game, BTW) stuffed the shot, but it rebounded to Sheva at the corner of the 6. Sheva's shot beat the out-of-position Antonioli, but deflected into the goal off the defender, who was side-by-side with Serginho on the goal line. As Antonioli was out of the play, Serginho was in an offside position - had he touched the ball it should clearly have been disallowed. As it is, he definitely made some contact with the defender as it got turned in. That's why I say he could've been said to be interfering with the play.

But nevertheless, Milan were the better side and deserved the win.

21. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Call it a Juve goal then :rolleyes: ...really the entire play was fast and flowing...quite a blitzrieg actually...didn't see any Samp players complaining.

Glad to get the result and still be within pace of the bianconeri ...unfortunate that the only danger to really trouble Antognoli was when Serginho and Sheva got subbed in. I shudder to think how toothless the rossoneri offense would be if Sheva got into a rut, injured or suspended.

Milan play beautiful football (yet often times their finishing is woeful), but last year's title was won because Roma also played that way but were inconsistent and lost points that they shouldnt have. Juve won't. And if you have seen their schedule, their season will only face a stretch run test when they play Lecce, Lazio, Inter, Bologna, and then Milan at Del Alpi. If they get more than 12 points in that run, I don't see how Capello could lose the title. But here's hoping for some slipups from the zebras :D

22. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    The goal looked fine to me on GOL TV... ;) ....best channel this side of the Atlantic...

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We got the much needed 3 pts, that's all that matters. Thanks Sheva for coming on and saving our bacon.

24. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    SHEVA!!!!!!!!! :D

Мы тебя любим!!!!!

25. Danishrossonero

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    Sheepish.