Sampdoria 2007-2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with that.

So far, it isn't looking good for Sampdoria as Inter won 3-0. Montella didn't play, Cassano was on as a sub but Bonazzoli returned. Mazzarri went with a 3-5-2 formation and it disappointed. Maybe three in the back doesn't suit i doriani.

I really can't stand Caracciolo. I hope Cassano and Montella get back to full fitness soon, even Bonazzoli.

2. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    They had a good season last year, I wonder what happened.

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was an average season last year. After reaching the UEFA Cup spots in 2004-05, most Sampdoria fans were expecting the same. The last two seasons under Novellino didn't live up to expectations.

Sampdoria won 3-0 against Atalanta and two goals got disallowed for offside:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0708/sam-ata.html

Cassano come on as a sub and scored a brilliant goal. All three were classy goals but Cassano's control and finishing was all class. The celebration was awesome! Just go wild!

Sanmarco scored from a good run and Montella's through ball to Bellucci was excellent.

4. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was very nice to see Cassano score. He seemed genuinely happy to finally hit the back of the net after so long. Hopefully this is the start of his rejuvenated career and he gets back to the Italy NT.

5. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agreed.

I doriani take on Torino next. Mirante seems to be the regular goalie now and Cassano will probably be used as a super-sub again.

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    can somebody tell me what that black thing is in Sampdoria's badge?

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is a picture of sailor smoking a pipe. In Genovese dialect, his name is Baciccia and in Italian it is Giovanni-Battista.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    so why is it all black?

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so it looks like the Cassano-Montella-Bellucci trident will finally start a game on Sunday.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. L.Vorenus

L.Vorenus New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    NJ, USA

Obviously, by your name, I'm assuming you like the guy, but you have to admit that storming off after an injury and swearing at a teammate isn't exactly a good sign.

Honestly, I don't really even understand what the injury was. It looked like he was barely tapped.

Assuming he IS really injured though, how many guys have gotten injured numerous times and have controlled their disappointment? Why can't Antonio?

14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was a pulled muscle. You don't have to be touched to do that.

Obviously we all know that Cassano is a sublime talent, hence why I named myself after him when I joined after Euro 2004. He just has a bad head and that's why he's turning into Domenico Morfeo 2.

15. L.Vorenus

L.Vorenus New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    NJ, USA
    Sadly, I think he's already there.

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I absolutely love Cassano when he's in form, even after what he did to Roma. But his childhood has affected the person we see today. He had a very rough childhood and he's demonstrating the affects from it. It's too bad though...considering i was hoping for Cassano/Pazzini/Gilardino to lead Italy in the future for our NT. Cassano is officially done...the comparison to Morfeo is perfect.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    His career has gone downhill after '05. After all this, Cassano will go down as one of the great "what if" players. His mentality has destroyed his career and I doubt trips to the psychiatrist will do anything to him. He'll disappear into the distance after this. If Sampdoria only got him on a one-year loan and the rest of the clubs in Serie A showed no interest, he has to be a nut. My guess is that he'll go back to Bari.

18. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Recently, i doriani have lost 5-0 to Milan at home and won 3-0 in Cagliari, showing how erratic Sampdoria can be. This weekend, Sampdoria is at home against Empoli and even though Empoli is not in form, they did win 2-1 in last year's fixture.

19. L.Vorenus

L.Vorenus New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    NJ, USA
    OK. This is just funny now.

Cassano is out, and Samp suddenly comes to life. Hmmm...

20. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That illustrates the nature of Cassano off the field. He's problematic even in the change room. Sampdoria being Sampdoria, I'm not expecting too much. We have only beat Cagliari and Empoli so when we face Udinese, Fiorentina and Roma, i doriani may return to their inconsistent runs. The Livorno and Reggina should be games where Sampdoria can win but maybe in those games, the complacency will return.

21. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Montella with another goal...i think that makes it 3 goals so far for Vincenzo. Good for him.

22. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Recap

23. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He has been OK in terms of goalscoring but he has provided some assists too. If he isn't scoring goals, at least he is setting them up.

24. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    i was wondering, if someone could tell me how reto ziegler has been doing lately?

he was one of my fav young players at spurs..

25. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He did get sent off in one match but otherwise he has been good.