Salvadorans Abroad: 2020 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    As a substitute maybe but the team seems to already be stacked. Iza Carcelen is a right winger occasionally mainly right back bench warmer or maybe Jorge Pombo's bench warmer occasionally he'll play on the left wing.

If he's going to start maybe a lower or mid team in 2nd division. 1st or 2nd it doesn't matter between the two as long he plays well, stays there long term, and even after injury they give him a reasonable chance to recover and get back into form.

ElChero repped this.
  2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    SamKnight repped this.
  3. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    With Pohl out of Alianza, I hope a lot of these young players get the chance to play abroad and evem some of the older ones who should have moved in the first place (i.e. Chicho, Jimenez, and Tamacas)

SamKnight repped this.
  5. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Any updates on Oscar Ceren?

6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No info yet. The Spanish club he is going to is still unknown.

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It’s starting to feel like it’s going to be a second division team in the lower part of the table.

8. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Most fans are optimistic it will be a 2nd division team. Imagine how many fans would be disappointed if it were a 3rd division team :ROFLMAO:

SamKnight repped this.
  9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    1314944519897407491 is not a valid tweet id

SamKnight, La Trucha and halfnhalf89 repped this.
  10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Not a fan of his play style but good luck to him. Hopefully he improves, brings those improvements back to the national team, and brings more players to the 2nd division league over in Spain.

11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Which is why Pohl being in charge of Alianza set these players growth back and unfortunately Orellana looks to be the next one to suffer from this even with Pohl exit from the club.

But from the other POV I know Alianza is one of the very few clubs that actually was paying players on time and paid better than everyone else so I can understand securing the bag, given how we always hear about payment disputes from everyone else as the season progresses.

SamKnight and slaminsams repped this.
  12. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    His team was Promoted from 3rd Division, so hopefully they can stay afloat and not descend.

13. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I've through Selectatalent have been doing this. We managed to get Enrico's documentation ready so he's eligible. There is more to come guys. Doing the best we can to capture all of these talents.

14. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    You don't think players like Josh Urbina at Melbourne City U19 is worth following for a potential future call up?

15. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Hey guys always nice to visit this threads. Hope you're all doing well these days. More Salvadoran abroad to come :)

SamKnight and La Trucha repped this.
  16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good to see you here.

Josh Urbina is absolutely worth following, even The Philippines are trying to cap him. I just have a peeve about following late-20’s to 30+ semi-pro players like Juan Chang who will never represent ES, or players like Junior Flores or Gian Tapia whom I’m sure aren’t playing football anymore.

Please, keep doing what you’re doing. Enrico Hernandez has been an exciting find. Also, please continue to do video interviews. I appreciated the interviews with Enrico and Marcus Velado-Tsegaye.

SamKnight and Futbol E.S. Por Vida repped this.
  17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So a few notes from this past weekend and today.
    Darwin continues to be a starter for the Dynamo he scored via PK against FC Dallas on Wednesday, before falling to Inter Miami on Saturday he played the full 90 in both encounters.

Another player who made his first appearance that same weekend was Justin Portillo with Real Salt Lake he played the full 90 but his team fell 2-1 to Vancouver.

Kevin Santamaría scored a brace (24th, 69th PK) in today’s match against Carlos Stein unfortunately it ended in 3-3 draw, his club has yet to leave the basement of the table.

Finally Dennis Pineda has arrived at Ecuador and is ready to be incorporated into the club.

SamKnight repped this.
  18. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Junior probably would have had a club to play in by now but I think whatever he said about not playing with lower level players or slower futbol (mainly El Salvador's national team) came back and bit him. He would have been on a USL team or maybe a club in El Salvador. I wouldn't mind seeing him play in Costa Rica if he wanted a better league to play in. There were rumors saying MLS clubs were interested in him but now that the season have already started he's still without a club.

Wasn't Gian Tapia playing in 2nd division in Australia?

Anyone remember Ernesto Lopez Dahbura? That one match he had against Curacao I thought he would be a key player later on with the youth or senior team. Really fast player on and off the ball, great passing ability, constant pressure, and made a goal with his only appearance.

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He went to Argentina for a short stint before heading back home and playing semi-pro can’t remember if he was an Aussie or a Kiwi.

20. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    From New Zealand. Is Australia futbol about the same level of the MLS? Now that there are a few players playing over there now.

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He’s a Kiwi.

Played for Essendon Royals and later Pascoe Vale FC in 2019, but have heard nothing since.

No. MLS is still miles ahead of A-League. Still patiently waiting for the day a Salvadoran joins A-League though.

SamKnight repped this.
  22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Something on the light-hearted side :ROFLMAO:

EF31BCE9-5625-4D7F-B7F6-0153389A9623.jpeg

William Flores repped this.
  23. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Professionally A-League is better than La Primera but how about in futbol level?

Willsant87 repped this.
  24. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I dunno about that these days lol.

25. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Much more modern stadiums (unless they're "borrowing" rugby stadiums, training grounds, general futbol facilities, salaries, and sponsors.