Salvador Carmona tests positive for doping again!

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by elluisillo, May 18, 2007.

1. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    acording to los protagonistas salvador carmona tests positive again,the official announcement from the fmf will be tomorrow and chava may not play again in a pro club

2. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

More at MedioTiempo.

3. nachito455

nachito455 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Mexico
    wow this is not a roumor... carmona is out for life.....its everwhere

femexfut
    televisadeportes

this is huge

im a chivas fan and am i glad this didnt happen while he was at chivas

4. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    Lei que hasta la federacion mexicana sera castigada....cuidado!!!

5. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    asi es por que ellos ya conocian la situacion y no tomaron las medidas necesarias

6. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    carmona is an idiot, he deserves whatever he gets at this point

7. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so Cruz Azul will not play on Sunday. oh well

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I think it is wrong to assume he is guilty despite the smoking gun.

I get the impression WADA holds CAAD and other Mexican Laboratories in contempt for not bowing down to their findings. God forbid that right? :eek:

The fact that multiple labs conducted test and came out with different results is a good thing. Just 2 years ago, Houston's police department was heavily scrutinized after investigations broke out that their labs were contaminated. Before these findings, Judges and Juries were considering holding their findings as good as gold, only to find out that numerous (over 50) cases were wrong. One man in particular had spent over 5 years in jail over false and inadequate testing.

If you look a the time sequence, the sample in question was retrieved January 31, 2006. Carmona had tested positive July 2005.

Was 6-7 months sufficient time to perform another doping test? How long does that subtance stay in the body? Is 6-7 months sufficient time for that particular substance to dissolve, leave the body?

9. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    true true i didn't think about it like that

10. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Is it official?

11. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    That is the one thing I don't get. Why did it take so long to inform C.Azul and Carmona of the life time ban decision, over a year?

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    They did not take along time to inform Cruz Azul. The UCLA Lab (WADA approved lab) sent their findings to the FMF 22 days (21-Feb-06) after examining Carmona. The following day (22-Feb-06), the FMF informed Cruz Azul of the situation.

After listening to Billy Alvarez's interview today, he raises a couple good questions basing them on our (FMF) statutes. CAS has no authority in Mexico. Despite having close ties to FIFA, CAS and WADA are not FIFA.

This is basically a power struggle over who has jursidiction. CAS finds CAAD's reports inadequate because according to them, CAAD made decisions on erroneus information about remaining test samples.

13. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    yes it is

14. Miss Webous

Miss Webous Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Club:
    Cruz Azul Hidalgo
    Look at it this way. Pachuca se salvo de una putisa:)

:eek: :(

15. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    About a month when taken orally, longer if injected:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=346026

If we asume Carmona did injest the "gotitas" orally, then it is very likely he was testing positive for a new cycle he was on, not the old one.

16. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    Ni que carmona valiera tanto....lo hubieran mandado a la verga desde antes...

17. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    What an idiot. The guy should never play again.

18. estaticxalde

estaticxalde Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Alta Loma
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  19. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Carmona, Mexican club defy life ban for doping

20. Capra27

Capra27 New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Viva Mexico Putos
    hold on for one moment, isn't the WADA suspending Chava for that one incident in confederaciones?
    I heard on the radio the UCLA lab tested him positive, while another lab (possibly in Mexico) had him negative, so who's right?

And why would anyone care if WADA says this or that, if they are not FIFA related?

21. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    I second that! Damn just when we were getting started, Borgetti was about to score a hattrick and Perez was going to score on a header in the closing minutes to advance to the final!!!

Its a witchhunt i tell you! haha
    Long live SALVADOR "The Innocent" CARMONA

22. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    thats ********ed up... they shouldnt eliminate the hole team casue of 1 rotten apple...

Cruz Azul should get there shot at pachuca with out the help of carmona.

23. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They didn't eliminate Cruz Azul because Carmona tested positive. They eliminated them because he was suspendend for life and Cruz Azul still played them even after the ruling had been made and they knew it. I thought its fair because it was the club who screwed up there.

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    If that is true then I guess the rumors of Carmona shagging Marquez wife must be false! Now, if only we can use the number 23 to solve this mystery.

25. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I wouldn't be extremely surprised if there was some false positive/error or something but only because it seems so bizarre that he would do it again..
    I guess it's possible but it would take one big moron to do it knowing what would likely happen.. Very confussing..