Sadio Ba Questions

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by panicfc, Nov 30, 2004.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this guy is a top right back, plays for Westerlo, but what else do you guys know about him?

Thanks

2. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Not much. Only that he's not a TOP right back, rather mediocre. He 's a Belgian player with Morocon (?) blood that learned to play football in the youth academy of Lokeren. He didn't break through at Lokeren though, so he decided to play some divisions lower (second or third, not sure). In '99 Westerlo took him from second division club Denderleeuw, after which he was a regular starter most of the time. It's a player you don't hear much about; he seldomly makes big mistakes, nor does he come out as matchwinner often.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Who would you say is the best right back in Belgium?

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I would say Hans Cornelis from Club Brugge, but I realize this is a very coloured opinion. He even isn't a regular, because he's being blocked by Olivier Decock. When Decock had an injury he got his chance and took it, but Sollied has the impulse to support the older players, so Decock is playing again now. When people from the U21 NT were asked which players were the best of their generation last year, his name was mentioned a lot. Also Decock is an OK player. At Standard you have Deflandre and at Anderlecht the upcoming talent is Vandenborre, but I don't know if he will remain a right back in the future because he has always played DC in the past.

5. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    best right backs in belgium are Deflandre , Eboué (just got transferred to Arsenal) , Cornelis, Deco(c)k and Vandenborre

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I think Vandenborre might even be better in the centre of the defense, the position he played in the youth teams.