Sacramento Roster Thread - 2015

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, in additional to being neglectful in terms of managing your own MLS roster. Not to turn this into a 'Quakes roster thread.

2. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    T. Stewart taking the field. With Alashe and TT being called up to national team duty, the 'Quakes are left with only, by my count, two non-injured players who weren't on last Sunday's 18. Maybe J. Stewart, Renato or Lenhart will be healthy this week to make it 2+. My math might be slightly off, but you get my point.

3. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I'll try to stop kicking a dead horse after this post, but there is still relevance because of how it impacts loaning players to SRFC.

From last Sunday's game day 18, TT and Alashe are with their respective USMNT. So, last Sunday's 18 is down to 16.

Pierrazi is ready to step in for Alashe, but he was on the game-day 18 on Sunday, anyway. Kinnear confirms that J. Stewart, Renato and Lenhart aren't ready to play. And, it turns out that Sherrod is out indefinitely so we won't see him anytime soon. With Bernardez back from red card suspension that makes 17 players available, with either Fucito or Stephenson being the 18th player. That's all they have to choose from.

So given other potential injuries and USMNT call-ups (Wondo and/or Goodson) there is a real possibility the 'Quakes will have only 20 players or so available any given week, given their current roster size. Again, don't expect a loan anytime in the foreseeable future.

F'ing Ridiculous.

4. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree it's pretty frustrating, especially like me, you are a fan of both teams. Injuries have always been a huge problem for the Quakes - combination of getting older guys, Doyle acquiring players with existing injury problems, or simply inadequate training/medicine. All of these things have put Quakes players out at some time or another. Combine that with a roster that isn't even filled out to the maximum number of spots (seriously, what is that about? So we don't have to pay those salaries??) and it's a recipe for stupid situations like we are suffering now with multiple guys sitting out for extended periods of time with injuries. And that's before taking into account any national team call ups! It's simply bad management and again points straight back to management (John Doyle). How this guy still has his job is beyond me. Anyway, this obviously creates a situation where Republic are getting shafted in terms of this affiliation.

You joke about it, but I see Klimenta getting called up to sit on the Quakes bench in case of emergency than anything else happening in the near term. The Quakes will most likely send us Fucito, just because like I said he's been here before and can't seriously be in the first team plans. He will get thrown here just to say they've done something. Realistically, we could use 4 guys from the Quakes right now, because of our injuries. So if we face an affiliate or "II" team with a few guys from an MLS squad, it puts us at a competitive disadvantage because our affiliate isn't living up to their part of the bargain.

I really want to have this whole MLS-USL affiliate system rules and guidelines cleared up, but seems like no one has an answer. The affiliate system seems to be more of a recommendation than an actual requirement...

mangerson repped this.
  5. The8000

The8000 New Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Republic matchday preview for tomorrow slipped in this little nugget in the middle of the story... "Republic FC also released defender Bilal Duckett this week.".

The timing of this seems extremely strange, anyone heard any rumors as to what caused him to be released??? Most people expected him to start last week after starting so many of the pre-season games and now he's gone without playing in a single game. Just noticed Estrada wore #3 last week so looks like decision had already been made.

6. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I listened to Beeman's Republic this week (anyone else listen to that? It's a radio show/podcast by Joshua Beeman at Sac State and covers the Republic), he said he found out about Duckett earlier this week when he was at one of their trainings. But no explanation. It's kind of strange, Given the oddness of it, I'm guessing some sort of fall out with coaches, disagreement over salary, or maybe failing of a drug test. Whatever the case I'm bummed because he looked like a good backup.

7. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elninho repped this.
  8. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Any of you guys hear about this? Seems like a good signing. 6 goals in his last 7 games and has a good amount of caps for Pakistan, playing for the senior team since he was 18.

Neuwerld and QuietType repped this.
  9. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, just hard to get a feel for the quality of play on the Pakistani Nat Team. Do they ever get very far? Brings to mind the Turk that SJ brought over a few years ago. You Tube highlights were great. Impact was zero.

Not to knock our trialist. It's just kind of hard to get a feel for him. Always in the market for a strong finisher, though.

QuietType repped this.
  10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very interesting, and there is a small Pakistani immigrant community here in the Sacramento region so that might be something special for them. I'm just curious what type of striker he is. Big body? Fast? Poacher?

11. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here's a highlight video.

QuietType repped this.
  12. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Polemarch - thanks for the video!

I don't make conclusions based on short highlight vids, but his style of play appears to be compatible with SRFC's. I can understand why they took a chance with him.

As with all these youngsters putting it all out there for the hope of a career, I wish him all the best.

13. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone heard any updates, or should we assume that SRFC has passed on Mr. Khan?

14. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We signed a new guy. Colombian UC Santa Barbara alumni and NASL veteran Danny Barrera

15. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #65 Elninho, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Word from the front office is that Preki wants to sign Kaleemullah, but it may take until 2016 to get him a work permit.

I think he's actually less of a risk than Sunil Chhetri who spent a half-season with Sporting Kansas City. He may not have Chhetri's technical ability, but the fact that he's currently playing outside South Asia is a big plus because he'll probably adjust more easily to the style of play here. Especially seeing as he's in Central Asia; admittedly I haven't seen their clubs, but the former Soviet republics' national teams tend to be very physical.

As for the Pakistani national team, it's historically the weakest of the South Asian national teams, and was the first to start naturalizing players of Pakistani descent. It took Zesh Rehman (who was still in the EPL at the time) to get them to even halfway competitive with India. That doesn't mean there aren't talented Pakistani players. A team is only as strong as its weakest link, and Pakistan has no depth.

mangerson repped this.
  16. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to support this...

http://tribune.com.pk/story/901373/an-american-dream-kaleem-hopes-to-have-struck-the-right-chords/

17. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QuietType repped this.
  18. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It might be a little early but for next season who do you think will get cut?

19. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'Quakes finally have a full roster so they've loaned Khari Stevenson to....

San Antonio!

Fine. NASL season is just starting and we may not want to bring in a middling MLS player this late in the season, but sheesh.

20. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    At this point, I don't want any of their Kinnear ruined players.

21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khari wouldn't have a spot here anyways. I'm frankly surprised he's on the Quakes roster at all, he's lucky to be playing in MLS at all. He's in the twighlight of his career, and not worth anything to Sac Republic. Just like if they loan Mike Fucito here, it's useless to both parties.

22. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good. Was never impressed with him here. Didn't look like a guy who was giving his all. Looked like a guy who felt he deserved to be on the field rather than work for it. Nothing to show for it. I'd rather have Stewart, Kaleem, or Gabeljic anyways.

24. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QuietType,

We will never know for sure, but in light of Graham Smith's comments in the Bee following Saturday's game, it appears management was of the same opinion........

25. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rumor is Gonzalez and Zev are also close to being released. Is depth going to be a problem come playoffs if we cut them?