Sacramento Republic FC Player Signings

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by sugit, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Exactly so why not Sac-town? Plus he could learn a little something from one the Best midfielders to put on a shirt for the USNMT in Preki. Telling you it's a win-win. Imagine the press the club would receive.

2. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need for it. Why ruin a winning team. Republic are bringing back pretty much their entire roster from last season, with the exception of goalkeeper Gleeson of Portland. Adu would be an unnecessary distraction, a PR move they don't need to make. Another lesser team that wants to make a splash should jump on it. (OC Blues, Arizona United, Rochester, Pittsburgh, I'm looking at you..) We may actually see him be picked up by one of the MLS teams with the intention of playing him on their "2" team and he could have hopes of moving up to the senior roster as motivation to do well.

3. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preki and Freddy would be like matter and anti-matter. It's possible though that if anyone can get thru Adu's thick head it would be Preki. Others of similar caliber have tried and failed before.

5. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would Karl Ouimette be a good pick up? Young and played in the MLS and for the Canadian Nat'l team.

6. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, but with his age and having had some MLS experience, I would expect a MLS club to pick him up for cheap depth, but who knows? He could certainly showcase his stuff here but I think with our back line, cracking the starting lineup would be no guarantee as many Portland loanees discovered last season.

7. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chimdium Mez didn't sign with SJ. Maybe we can pick him up?

8. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. I would expect they would want to figure out who they will sign from the current trialists. If they were to give Mez a look, I think it would be after that. Then again, there still are several weeks of training to go.

9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? What a joke that they have a guy like Fucito who is a known quantity on the roster but don't give Mez a chance. Strange, especially given Kinnear's affinity for tall guys.