Sabermetrics applying to Soccer

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by mpruitt, Jul 30, 2003.

1. robbenhuntelaar

Jul 29, 2016
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    TimB4Last repped this.
  2. messi91011

messi91011 New Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not sure if this is the place for this question, but has anyone had any experience with this new iPad App Stati? It's making a push in some of the bigger youth clubs & development academies. From what I understand, it's a do-it-yourself version of Opta or ProZone.

I don't know what it costs, but it seems like a cool concept - being able to keep track of all the metrics for your kid's game or while you're watching a Premiership game. Anyone give it a try yet?... Any recommendations/reviews?

3. Benchtech

Benchtech New Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hi

Don't want my first post to come across as an advertisement, but i am currently developing an app for mobile use and would love any feedback. The app is an in-game stat collection tool for parents and coaches. Parents can track their child's actions during the game and coaching staff can use to track team stats. There are over 40 action modules that can be turned off/on depending on the actions you wish to collect. The App is called Benchtech Mobile and is available in the iTunes store for free https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1145980862
    The android version coming soon. For more information you can visit our Facebook page @Benchtech or visit our website http://www.benchtechsports.com.au/#home look forward to any feedback.

4. soccerstatsapp

soccerstatsapp New Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Aug 21, 2017
  5. avs_kz

avs_kz New Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  6. Sacto

Sacto New Member

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Oct 19, 2022
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have done a detailed statistical analysis and ranked the top 50 players in the coming World Cup. And, I integrated them into a cool time-zone specific World Cup schedule... Check it out...

http://worldcup22schedule.com/

7. bobellis75

bobellis75 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Just coming back to these forums after a long layoff...found this thread super interesting and would love to see more conversation around advanced soccer metrics, etc. I know there are some things in play in the modern game now with Expected Goals and Expected Assists and so on...my curiosity is more around figuring out a way to compare players across all eras, which, due to a lack of stat keeping, may be hard to do...but I'm very interested in trying to figure out a way to do something along the lines of what baseball does with their adjusted stats like OPS+ and WAR and ERA+ and so on. Hoping there are still some stat nerds out there with ideas to share!

TimB4Last repped this.