S8OT: USOC Final, 15 October @ Metros [Tickets $20] - Day of Game Info

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jjayg, Oct 2, 2003.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    If I'm going to make the game, it looks like I'll need a ride *back* to Chicago, and that's it. Should be worked out by tomorrow at some point, and I may try to rope my mom, dad and sister into going as well.

Later,
    COZ

2. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    The match is THIS wednesday?

Oh boy, potential road trip.....

....on my motorcycle, of course.

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    OK. Anyone care to help me? What's the current status on rooms? Any spot on a floor near the airport so I can look for a ticket on that flight that comes home at like 6 AM? Speaking of which, what airline was that?

I'm contemplating having my mom pick up my girlfriend while I'm out of state. How romantic. It's been a month and a half, so what's one more day?

4. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ATA out of Newark. We haven't booked rooms yet.

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Do you need a ticket?

Does anyone else need a ticket? I have to order TODAY.

Paid
    Liam Murtaugh
    Jason Glaser
    Zach Pennycook
    Andy Beer
    Marcin T (4)
    Sue Cabo (2)
    Steve Finch (2)
    Jeff McCrum

Not Paid
    Andy Braudy
    Chris Costello
    Matt Talbot
    Jim (Gunners11)
    356gialloblu (2)
    Cameron
    Abby

That's 21 total who have requested a ticket from me. I know there's more than a few that will be buying day of match, but let me know if you want one through me as they are only 20 dollars.

I need to know sometime today.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I put down the initial order. I still need to know ASAP if anyone else needs an advance ticket as well as any money from the unpaid people.

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Ladies and Jellyspoons:

We'll be meeting at GATE C on Wednesday between 7 and 7.30p Eastern time (6 to 6.30p Central). I'm picking up our tickets there, you can purchase any extra, I'll distrubute them to those who have paid and we'll go to our end of the stadium together (somewhere between 117 and 125).

Please pass this info on.

[​IMG]

8. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is anyone doing anything for dinner? Are we tailgating? Zach & I should be there by 6-6:30.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Depending on the driving time, I think we are hoping to arrive between 5 and 6. When you guys get off the plane ring me up on the cell and maybe we can hook up for some food.

Marcin. Can you call or email me ASAP. Thanks.

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Jason, I'll be giving you a call as well. We ought to all exchange cell #s (though not here of course)

11. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I have your cell. I will call you on it.

12. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Liam, I should have yours. I'm working in Manhattan until around 6, but should be at GS by 6:30 if all goes well and the bus driver does not get lost like last time I went out there.

13. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    AH, a good New Yorker. Where should we eat and drink around the Meadowlands, pre-game.. ?

14. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Whoa there, let's not go calling people names when you're asking for help.
    Around the Ghettolands exists precisely absolutely and fantastically nothing. It is in the missle of nowhere with nothing good around it. In addition, it has the luck of being off the New Jersey Turnpike, which contains several wonderfully quaint antique rest areas which typically contain A) an old Roy Rodgers with authentic 1967 decor or B) McDonald's. So you should seriously consider stopping off in Newark or Secaucus or some other smaller town on the way.

Or bring stuff to tailgate, which may be the smarter move than buying anything in Jersey.

Let me look around and see what info I can find, but from my experiences out there, I always eat before leaving New York.

15. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Sorry about the insult. I think tailgating appeals to me. Jason, can you bring a Smokey Joe?

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I think Andy wants to eat at Carnegie Deli before the game. It's his pregame ritual in NYC. However, it's probably out of the way for a mass gathering.

There is a Polish juice bar I know, however... ;)

No worries, anyone, if you do not make it before I go inside. I'll leave any leftover tickets at Will Call under your last name.

17. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I don't have one. I can bring one if somebodies got one to give me.

18. I will be driving with Mirek, Przemek and Witek. This is our group of 4 in one car but I think there will be another two or three Polish guys going separately in their own vehicle (the same ones who went to New York in August).

Our plan is as follows:

Since we will be taking my vehicle again, I am planning to leave home around 3:30 AM and pick these people up in the city. Mirek and Przemek live on the NW side and they will be picked up first around 4:15 AM and Witek lives around U of Chicago, so he will get picked up around 4:45 AM. We will leave Chicago by 5 AM.

Jason, it would be great to meet somewhere right outside Chicago so we can continue going together. I will email you cell phone numbers of people going with me (I don't like cells so I don't own one). How about the first rest area on the Indiana Tollway just past the intersection with I-94 around 5:20 AM? It should take you about an hour to get there from your home, maybe a little longer.

If we stick fairly strictly to driving, we should end up in the Meadowlands by 4 PM CT which would be 5 PM ET. The three hours of leeway/grace period are needed to accomodate for any unexpected occurences. We will be getting into the stadium early though. I think no later than 7 PM ET should be our entry time.

If everything goes smoothly, we can organize a little tailgate between 5 and 7 PM. Let's try to park somewhere around Gate C area. This is where I parked last time and it was very close to the stadium. Only if we are there very early (an hour early or so) we can go somewhere else to eat (actually that Polish juice bar would not be the worst idea :) but we would have to leave from there by 5:45 PM. This means we would have to get there by 5 PM (so, again, we would have to be an hour early). Another possibility would be some other joint on Manhattan, maybe Italian this time? But I am not in the mood for eating before the game, so I think tailgate will be the best and it will save us some money, too.

The game will be at 8 PM so there will be some time for celebration (or mourning) after--this can be totally spontaneous and we will decide after the game. We want to stay at our Polish friends' places in New York and Jayson can arrange with Jeff McCrum maybe since he offered his place for the night, too. If not feasible, our Polish friend who lives in lower Manhattan said that he knows a fairly decent hotel there for around $30/room/night so anybody can take advantage of it.

19. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You mean you don't have one? I thought everyone had three of those in their garage... :) I'd lend you mine, but we live on the other side of the planet.

Is anyone bringing a grill?

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Paid
    Liam Murtaugh
    Jason Glaser
    Zach Pennycook
    Andy Beer
    Marcin T (4)
    Sue Cabo (2)
    Steve Finch (2)
    Jeff McCrum

Not Paid
    Andy Braudy*
    Chris Costello
    Matt Talbot
    Jim (Gunners11)
    356gialloblu (2)
    Cameron*
    Abby*

* - excused for the time being

I will take money at the game but I would like confirmation that you're gonna go first so that if not I can sell the ticket to someone else.

Thanks.

21. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think getting back through the tunnel would be tight, you'd have to leave Manhattan by at least 7-ish to make sure you got out there in time unless you came over the GWB, but there aren't many good restaurants up there, so you're better off staying on that side of the river.
    Indeed. Comfortable space for 3 these days and all the Eastern European cats you'd want to see.

22. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    While I'm thinking about it, Marcin, need any Polish books? I work next to a Polish bookstore/newspaper.

23. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

Thanks Jeff. I am going to have a total of 6 people with me, including myself but since I only really care about myself we can just have the extra three sleep in the van or something. ;)

Seriously though, we can all work something out whilst we drink champagne from the Cup.

24. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Your math seems like you've been drinking from the Cup already. At any rate, I said "three comfortably," which means there is space on the floor for an additional 5 people or so (I may have to live in New York, but I'm going to do it in style.) as long as there are sleeping bags and whatnot. I have pillows, blankets and couch/futon space for 3, the others can have knife fights or roll dice to settle things. I'll also be leaving around 8 the next morning to go to work, but someone might be home to lock the door behind if you want to sleep in or whatnot. But these are all details we can work out Wednesday.

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Jeff could probably sleep 10 if he wanted. It's pretty large.