S8OT: USOC Final, 15 October @ Metros [Tickets $20] - Day of Game Info

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jjayg, Oct 2, 2003.

1. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    US Open Cup. October 15 -NYC [travel thread]

So who's planning on making the trip?

I'd really like to go but it will depend on a few things.
    I can take the 15th and 16th off of work to drive out there and back. I can't afford a plane ticket.

I am willing to supply my vehicle that can sit 6 adults comfortably. There is a TV and VCR and power and jacks for my X-box/DVD player or somebodies playstation for entertainment.

I would want to travel with people who are willing to share the gas money and driving duties. Preferably people I know but that's negotiable if somebody else interested takes time to meet me on Saturday Oct 4th. I don't care if we return right after the game or crash for the night and come back on the 15th.
    I am open to any other travel alternitives as well (bus/train whatever).

Who else is going and how?

2. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Amtrak takes 16 hours. Bad schedule on the way home.

ATA has good flights out of Midway for $215 to Newark.

Driving sounds good, I just don't want to miss 2 days of work. I need my days for going to Vegas Nov 25th. If the Fire are in the finals I will have to leave even earlier... :) 800 miles to NY, about 10-12 hours. Egads.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Anybody who is planning on going by any means, please post here. If we have a big enough group we can have someone arrange to buy tickets as a group. Let's get the ball rolling on this one.

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I really really really really want to go.

I don't think I can miss work, otherwise I'd be all over driving with you, Jason. That van rawks.

Barring something miraculous (birthday wish! ;) ) I think I'll be watching this one from my couch.

Boo.

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    [​IMG]

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I could not pay my bills this month and go. Of course, in addition to getting em in a heap of **** It'd mean I probably couldn't go to LA for MLS Cup.

Arrrgh, this sucks.

7. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm already on the East coast, so I'm going. Is there any particular section I should/shouldn't by tickets in?

I'm going to try to get a bunch of friends out, but I don't know how succesful I'll be. It's a shame it's so far and in the middle of the week. Hope you get something worked out!

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    What section did we try for last time? 115 I think?

Ok, Jason, theoretically, if I went how fast can you make the trip back if we left after the whistle?

Maybe I can get away with it by calling in sick Wednesday.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I've never been there. People are telling me it's about 12 hours. Though. so best case scenerio we might be able to get back by 10 Thursday morning. But I wouldn't expect best case scenerio. Depending on who goes, there might be some celebrating to do after the game as well. Just take two days! You can get sick for the MLS cup if you need a day off.

Where is everybody. I need at least two people willing to drive to make this happen.

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Naw, MLS Cup is my mini-vacation. I'm taking a few days for that (probably Thurs to Mon). Plus, I hope that this photo shoot I'm directing happens on tuesday the 14th, because otherwise it'd be on the 16th and there's absolutely positively no chance I could go.

Maybe I get sick two days? I'd rather not though. I got sick for two open cup games already! :D

Maybe we can talk about it Saturday.

11. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Yeah. We'll work it out. I'll leave a space for you until you make a final decision. Not real tough to leave a space for you since out of 6 spaces I'm the only one filling one right now! Hopefully this will change by tomorrow. Where are those crazy MDSC kids?

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Yeah! Come on guys, you did it to KC...let's do the round-trip thing to NJ too!

Heck, I have plenty of DVDs to make the trip shorter. Lord knows I have too freaking many...let's put em to good use

13. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd kill a busload of nuns to go the game but I just don't have the money....

I'd need to sell all of my CDs or my TV or something.

Er...

Anyone like salsa and dub? Yeah? Dancehall reggae collection right here.... $5 a c.d.

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    So, umm. Is nobody going?

15. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Jason, there's more than a few folks in NJ and NYC that it woudl be a good idea to coordinate with at least as far as buying tickets.

16. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    That works for me. But I'm not going unless I find people to share the drive with. C'mon People.

17. Sorry, I was too busy to post yesterday.

Of course, the Ultras are putting up a trip to the Meadowlands. People were calling me in the morning yesterday already all fired up about going. I think we can get at least 8 Ultras together. Possibly a few more.

Tomorrow's party will be a good time to talk about it. I am sure Jason can recruit a few people (for example MDSC) to go in his van. I am counting on at least 30 support at Giants Stadium but hoping for many more. It would be awesome if we had over 50, and we will take as many flags and banners as possible to make Meadowlands home.

Driving to Meadowlands takes 12-13 hours unless you don't stop and don't obey speed limits. I seriously recommend against speeding, especially in Ohio (you WILL be caught and the ticket is at least $150). I've done trips to New York annually since 1998, so this is going to be my seventh one (no wonder my car has so many miles)--you see I have quite a bit of experience.

We should be getting tickets in Section 117, so we are on the opposite side of the Empire Supporters Club and so we can take over the entire other end (it should not be a problem since it is gonna be Wednesday). I am planning to reserve group tickets for my guys but I guess the minimum is 20 so I will get 20 hoping that I can sell them off to other Fire fans.

I could fly but driving is an essential part of a road trip. ATA and Continental (to Newark) have good rates around $220 with no restrictions so I think it is actually a great deal. Driving with cars fully loaded, however, will bring the transportation cost down to below $50.

Marcin

18. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Ok Marcin. We will talk on Saturday and try and work out how many are going and how many vehicles we need, etc. I have 5 open seats in mine for anybody who wants to reserve a spot.

Marcin, I will buy my tickets from you so I leave that business in your good hands. Thanks.

Zach and I will be at your place on Saturday but we will be later, proably around 4 - 4:30.

19. By the way, I think you need to take Wednesday and Thursday off if you want to drive. We are planning on leaving around 3 AM on Wednesday which will put us in New York at around 4 PM (time change) and eliminates the need of finding a place to sleep. We can hit some joint for 2 hours and show up at the stadium around 6:30 PM (this time no mistakes like I did during my last visit there and ended up late.

You MUST reserve some time for celebration, so I would not leave before midnight and this actually makes much less sense than just leaving in the early afternoon, to arrive in Chicago around midnight.

Marcin

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Arrrghhhhhh...what to do, what to do!

21. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Asked and answered.

22. REMEMBER IT IS THE FINAL. These things don't happen too often (every couple of years?). I would do everything to be there. YOU SHOULD, TOO.

23. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  24. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey I might be willing to go, but I would need some details. I am a student at Bradley University in Peoria. I am willing to miss class as long as there isnt too much resistance from my parents. I dont really know any of you guys, except for when I've seen you at the games, but I am coming home for the game on the 10th against Columbus, so maybe I can get to meet you then? Also I am willing to share in any driving/gas expenses since I wouldnt be able to drive myself.

25. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    One more thing, I need answered, what kind of cost are we lookin at here? I am on a tight budget but I will definatly spend whats necessary to see the Fire away for the first time.