S8OT: Columbus Invasion, 26 October [7 spots left on bus!]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Sep 26, 2003.

1. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Sounds like someone tore a labrum.

2. Hey, it seems that if we only do about 5 trips and the bus pays off.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
  4. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    well i'm sorry someone would be offended by the term jew town. half of my family is jewish and i take no offense to it. i'm sorry people have nothing better to do than get pissed off about ancient nick names for neighborhoods. this isn't the south, and it's not a diversity issue. it's a pc issue. and don't get me started on that.

5. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Holla back now!

6. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I have do stay at home because of my head wound but could you all please give me a nice "Kill Kill Kill" to cheer me up. God bless the Devil.

Rich

7. No need to Holla, like I said, I wan't pissed. And you are right about it being a PC issue more than diversity. But I think the point is still valid. Just because it was called that once doesn't mean it should still be called something that others may construe as derogetory. Am I off base here?

8. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They whole thing of the word Jew to describe someone who is Jewish is complicated. Would it be less ofensive to call that hood "Jewish Town"? I dunno.
    it all depends on how the reader interprets it and their own inherent level of prejudice/tolerence.
    I live in a "Mexican" town, which I don't disagree with, actually am proud of ...but if I was a bit more racist that title may be a derogatory thing. AWW Screw it