S8OT: Columbus Invasion, 26 October [7 spots left on bus!]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Sep 26, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  2. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Shouldn't it say "Boo Hoo" since they will be crying for missing the playoffs?

3. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Excellent!

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Do it!

Seperate sheets (one saying BOO the other saying HOO) would be nice :)

5. vwfire

vwfire New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    round lake park
    ill take a seat on the bus if there is room

6. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    PM Marcin

7. Not bad, but we should keep the HOO! one furled until we win. Kind of a 2 part joke, insult to injury, salt in the wound, God the Crew sucks thing.

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be a good game to sing some anti-crew songs. You'd have the whole bus ride there to practice them. Sadly, I'll be at home watching the game on ESPN. But I'm sure you guys will represent in style, on national TV no less. Can't wait.

9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Marcin,

I've offered to buy a spot on the bus and I also need two separate tickets for the match. Is there any way I can coordinate this with you before I leave town tomorrow?

I've sent you my email and phone number via PM, but I now notice your PM box is full.

Cheers,
    Ben

10. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    We got to make sure that Jason brings the banners this time (unlike NY).

;)

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    GLASER!

Don't forget the banners!

:)

Some of us were talking last night and I was thinking maybe the MDSC crew plus myself and Matt and whoever else is with us Sat night/Sun morning could hit breakfast on the way to the bus, and maybe if others wanted could meet us there.

I was thinking Lou Mitchell's, then walk to the bus station just south of there...but they don't open till 7a on Sundays.

Any suggestions?

12. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Is the bus station the one by UIC? At Halsted & Something?

Right around Roosevelt & 90/94 is Jew Town (no offense intended if that's no longer what it's called) and Maxwell St. There's got to be something right there.

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    ...uh, "Jew Town"?

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Remind me on Saturday night! Doesn't help much now.

I would stop for some breakfeast but you guys are probably looking in the city, right? I don't think we will be driving through the city.

15. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Like I said, I don't know what the 'official' term is, just what it's traditionally known as. People who grew up on Maxwell St. knew it as such. I apologize as no offense was intended.

16. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    it's jewish-american town now

17. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Cam, you owe me a dollar for this coke I spewed all over the place.

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Hey if DC wins we should do something ridiculous just to rub it in to Columbus.

Like I dunno...

Sign this guy for the game?

[​IMG]

19. guinigbw

guinigbw New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hail to the Victors!

ok... i'm a native Ohioan, but this might be the perfect opportunity to unveil a "new" chant.

someone else mentioned it (on another thread perhaps) but i was thinking it'd be fairly easy to adapt "Hail to the Victors!" for the Fire.

FIRE! Chi-ca-go, Chi-ca-go
    FIRE! Chi-ca-go, Chi-ca-go
    FIRE! FIRE! Screw Columbus Crew.

repeat ad naseum.

20. vwfire, just show up at 6:30 at the bus terminal and I will get you a seat. Cannot guarantee a ticket to the game.

Ben, I will try to get 2 tickets to the game for you but I cannot guarantee it either. You may have to buy it just before the game.

21. Ben, I got the tickets for you. Hopefully you can get this message in time. Just look for our bus in Columbus or meet me at the Will Call around an hour before the game.

Marcin

22. If anybody wants to join us on the bus, you are very welcome. Just show up at 6:30 AM at the Greyhound terminal on Sunday and I will get you in for $35 round trip. You will have to buy match tickets in Columbus though, unless I have some extras.

Marcin

P.S.
    Mirek's wedding is at St. Ferdinand Church in Chicago (that is Austin & Belmont) at 1 PM tomorrow (Saturday). I think it would be nice if any of the Fire fans came.

23. And who exactly knew it as "Jew Town" I wonder. Certainly not the Jews as it was called "Jew Town" by non-Jewish folk that basically used the term in a derogetory sense. While it is accurate that this section was known, in the old days, by this name, I would think to use this term today would be akin to me calling Cicero "Degoville" or the Chinatown area "Chinktown". Perhaps you didn't mean to offend anyone, but I bet if any Jews read your post that there is a good chance it would have been construed as racist. My mother grew up in the south and I was shown the very white predjudice side of people down there. Many parts of towns were "known" by whites as "N_**er town". Now just because "whites" called these sections of towns that name, didn't mean that me using it as a reference with the same name is appropriate.

I can tell you didn't mean any offense, and personally none taken, as I am not Jewish..and I know this actually sounds a little preachy. Diversity issues always strike a cord with me. sorry.