S8OT: Columbus Invasion, 26 October [7 spots left on bus!]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Sep 26, 2003.

1. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    count on mdsc for atleast 5. we'll talk tonight.

2. I have 35 people on my bus right now which leaves us with 12 open seats. Let me know ASAP if you still want to go as whoever lets me know first, gets on the bus. I am hoping for a full bus.

Marcin

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Marcin,

I will buy one seat on the bus. I will not be able to use it, but I will pay for it. I have one friend that might take it, and ride home in my car (I'll be coming from Toronto as you know.) But, I will purchase the seat to help make sure the bus can go.

I want a full bus even though I will not be on it.

If my girlfriend is not going to use the seat, I will offer the spot to anyone willing and able to pay for and use the $10 ticket into the game. OK, anyone willing to buy the $10 seat AND be very loud.

4. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Marcin, How many seats are left?

5. 12 seats left as of right now.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Are there 12 seats STILL left?

Come on folks! No excuses!

7. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Can we get some travel info up on here? Like where specifically the bus is leaving from, what time, when it will return, etc etc.

8. For pretty much all info look at the very first post of this thread. We will leave from the Greyhound Bus Terminal Downtown Chicago at Harrison and I-90/94 at 7 AM.

Spot time is 6:30 AM so please arrive early so there is time to pay me whatever you might owe me.

We expect the arrival at the Columbus Crew Stadium at around 2 PM. The game is at 4 PM. The bus will leave shortly after the game, around 6:30 PM which will bring us back to Chicago between 11 PM and midnight.

As of right now, there are 8 empty seats on the bus. I would like to fill this bus completely in order to be able to purchase some beer for us. Please talk to your friends and try to convince them to come with us. If there are no more people going, I am going to have to collect $2-3 extra to cover the expenses.

9. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Kegs of Okocim?

10. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    If I went, could some one give me a ride to and from the bus station?

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    where are you coming from? If Naperville or that area, there's several people coming from out there.

What about the train?

12. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    I'm coming from Lombard. How far from the train station is the bus station?

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Do you come into Union Station?

14. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    yep

15. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    The bus station is 630 W Harrison. I think that's like 4 blocks due south of the train station.

16. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    How about a good new old song for people of Columbus?

Hail! to the victors valiant
    Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
    Hail! Hail! to Michigan
    the leaders and best
    Hail! to the victors valiant
    Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
    Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
    the champions of the West!

Change it up a bit to make it Fire related. Cbus people would love us even more! :p

17. SparkeyG

SparkeyG Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Mokena, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put me on the list for bus tickets. My family trip plans just fell through.

BTW, that means I have two extra tickets for Crew stadium.

18. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    And I need exactly two tickets without a bus.

19. OK, whoever is still thinking about going, you need to make up your mind now! I can only buy a discounted match ticket for you if you let me know of your intent of going on the bus by Thursday noon.

People can still just show up at the Greyhound Terminal on Sunday at 6:30 in the morning without reservation but I will be charging them $35 for the bus trip only and they will have to buy their tickets themselves unless I have some extras.

Marcin

20. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    To those of you going, you true die hards; I take my hat off to you. By Saturday night at 8:30pm, this game may be absolutely inconsequential, yet a bunch of you are showing up anyway.

I hope you all have a great time and are rewarded with a hattrick from Dipsy.

Those of you with time to kill, stop at Wright-Patterson airforce base in Dayton. Quite a display they have there.

Make sure you all have a beer for me.

21. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    How many spots remain? 8? 6? less?

Why aren't we sold out yet?

Inconsequential as it may be, it's still Columbus.

22. vwfire

vwfire New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    round lake park
    parking

where is the best place to park around the bus terminal
    thank you.

23. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Just talked to Marcin. 7 spots left on the bus. I was planning on taking the train and then walking to the bus but it doesn't run that early on a Sunday. Marcin said he would give me a ride but it is out of the way for him. So if anyone is passing through Lombard, a ride would be great. Thanks.

24. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Someone give Matt a ride!

25. Just one? by the way, we need to stock the bus with the makings of bloody marys. It'll be a long night Saturday, if you know what I mean.