.S. YOUTH NATIONAL TEAMS RETURN TO ACTION WITH FALL TRAINING CAMPS FOR U-17 AND U-20 USWNT

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Klingo3034, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...ith-fall-training-camps-for-u17-and-u20-uswnt

CHICAGO (Oct. 7, 2021) -- The U.S. Youth National Team program will return to the field this fall with a set of training camps for the two FIFA Youth Women’s World Cup Teams -- the Under-20 and Under-17 Women’s National Teams. The U-17 USWNT will kick things off with a training camp from Oct. 10-17, followed immediately by a U-20 USWNT training camp from Oct. 17-24.

Current YNT coaches Tracey Kevins and Matt Potter will run the U-20 and U-17 camps, respectively. Both events will be held at the Elite Athlete Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif.

“With international competition right around the corner, we’re really looking forward to seeing our U-20 and U-17 USWNTs get back together on the field,” said USWNT General Manager Kate Markgraf. “After scouting players across the country in their club competitions virtually and in-person, and evaluating them at Regional ID Centers, as well as during the last cycles before COVID, these camps are a critical opportunity to bring the player pools together and familiarize them with our staff and each other. It’s an important early step to prepare for qualifying, which is coming up quickly.”

The FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup and U-17 Women’s World Cup are scheduled for 2022 in Costa Rica and India, respectively. Concacaf qualifying tournaments for the youth world championships will be held early next year and the training camps will serve as important preparation as they jump-start the World Cup cycles.

In preparation for World Cup qualifying competition early next year, the U-17 USWNT will gather again in Chula Vista from Nov. 17-24 while the U-20 USWNT will close out 2021 with a training camp from Dec. 12-19.

2. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Nothing like a 20-0 win in the first qualifying match for U-17s. Felt terrible for the Grenada team.

3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Must have no mercy for the opponents. Don’t want to give them a sense of any confidence in their abilities to take on other teams easily.

jjmack repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird thing is that the Concacaf broadcast ended 19-0. They must have missed a goal somewhere (I didn't pay close enough attention to notice).

5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    There was a final match just before the whistle, beyond the 2 minutes of added time.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the official video from Concacaf. They included that late goal. The final score on the screen is 19-0.

7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Not disagreeing. Just remember the goal going in, a kickoff and then the whistle blew. I didn't notice whether the Fox graphics team changed it.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed earlier in the game that USSF was tweeting out a higher score. The "lost goal" happened early in the 2nd half. Just weird they never corrected.

9. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Based on the numbers going in, and probably the PR group being offsite, communication chain got broken.

10. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    11-0 67th minute.

11. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA v. Jamaica.........Anthems
    4amer flag.png
    Lets Go Young Ladies

Klingo3034 repped this.
  12. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3rd Minute Aaaaamalia Villareal header - 1-0

13. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    32rd Minute Charlotte Kohler. 2-0, Awesomeness is beginning to rear its head.
    Impressed by US passing. Jam goalie is pretty good.

14. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    42rd Riley Jackson off a nice pass from Amaila. 3-0
    I
    IIIIIIIIIIII
    I believe
    I believe
    I believe that
    I believe that

15. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    55th Melina Rebimbas with goal off her tummy. 4-0

Turn out the lights, the party's over
    They say that, 'All good things must end'
    Let's call it a night, the party's over
    And tomorrow starts the same old thing again

16. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kate Markgraf IN THE HOOOOOOOUSE

17. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-0 FT. The young ladies in the white hats advance.

18. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Credit to Jamaica. They made the CM's struggle with their passes by jamming up the middle quite a bit. The wingers were both outstanding for the US yesteday. The GK was very good.

It looked very hot there yesterday. Seemed to dry out the field and slow the players down a bit compared with the prior matches.

19. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO MERCY
    Even though it is National Beverage Day, as usual, I've banned Labatts from my residence for the next 2 hours.

20. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Semis Baby.
    LFG - win and you're in.

21. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Melinaaaaaaaaa Rebimbas 18' 1-0
    US dictating play. Lots of action in US attacking 1/3.

22. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #23 jackdoggy, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    HT 1-0 USA. US must of had 35 minutes of possession in their attacking half. Shots were 11-3. But still just 1-0.
    us rost.jpg

23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So far Canada has surprised me. They have played an entire half and there has been, so far, no truly dirty play. Against their last opponent they nearly seen two to the hospital and they actually did send one at least to major treatment because of a foul that, if the ref was actually conscious and aware of her surroundings that foul would have been one of the most obvious red cards every issued but the ref applied all of her inattention so it went uncarded and even uncalled. But, here in CONCACAF, we have many horrible referees that only want to get to the end of the match. In CONCACAF we have refs that are barely one small, but important, step up from zombies.

Maybe Canada feels that the US will not be intimidated by excessively dirty play.

I know that the US will win this unless the refereeing gets to them. What I really am wishing for is for PR to rear up and whip Canada so we keep them out of the major tournaments. I doubt that will happen. PR is too "nice" to be able to handle Canada. PR, unfortunately, always "plays like girls" and that just does not work in modern international women's soccer except at the lowest levels.

24. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Melinaaaa Brace 58' 2-0.
    Very impressed by the US technical skills.