S*%+ Ted Cruz says

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ???

2. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
  3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

That's Post-Colonial Williamsburg.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, he don't do this shit for free, bro- there's an appearance fee! And when he's outside a church, he can occasionally make sense. When he 's IN a church (which is where I last heard him), it's absolute nonsense accompanied by shout-outs to the various clergy in attendance- most of whom are there to be photographed with him.

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That, I did not know.

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Let's just say that she supports Cruz...

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    700466692753756160 is not a valid tweet id

Minnman, russ, Auriaprottu and 4 others repped this.
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And Cruz has been trolled to court..

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/18/11058038/ted-cruz-court

Cruz is a proud supporter of the conservative legal tradition of constitutional originalism: interpreting the Constitution not by what its words ought to mean today, but by what the Founding Fathers meant as they wrote them in 1787. Cruz is arguably the national politician most closely identified with originalism; he's certainly the presidential candidate with the closest ties to the conservative legal movement.

According to Tribe, constitutional originalism defines "natural born" very narrowly, in a way that would exclude Cruz. By extension, Tribe argued in the Boston Globe, any judges Cruz would appoint to the federal bench as president would invalidate his own presidency.

But Tribe clearly doesn't believe this line of argument himself because he is very much not an originalist. And one of the points of his column is that maybe if originalism is such an inflexible theory that it wouldn't allow one of its own biggest supporters to be president, it is generally a bad idea. He points out that the reason the Founding Fathers didn't want immigrants to be president is totally moot today — but so is the idea of a "well-ordered militia." And if originalists like Cruz still support the Second Amendment, Tribe says, they can't wave away the "natural-born citizen" clause either.

11. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cruz trying to out-trump Trump with illegal deportations. I remember Trump saying he will deport 11.5 million, now Cruz is saying he will deport 12 million. I wonder if Rubio is going to try and raise the stakes to 12.5.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...lion-undocumented_us_56cbd9fbe4b0928f5a6d147a

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has taken a page from Donald Trump's presidential campaign playbook, hardening his rhetoric against undocumented immigrants.

Cruz told Fox News host Bill O'Reilly on Monday that yes, should he be elected president, his administration would deport all 12 million undocumented peopleestimated to be in the U.S. and wouldn't allow them to return.

12. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOP Arms Race:

"I'll deport 11.5 million of them."
    "Yeah? Well I'll deport 12 million!"
    "Not only will I deport them, but I will also give them a good beating before shipping them back."
    "That's nothing. I'm gonna beat them, then deport them, and then I'm gonna kill them and make Mexico pay for their funerals and burial costs."

taosjohn, roby, guignol and 1 other person repped this.
  13. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TheSlipperyOne repped this.
  14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    12 million seems like a hella wets to shift. didn't sound realistic to me.

but i looked up some hard facts : greyhound has 1200 buses that seat 50 people each... and if you crowd them in like sardines maybe 70-80. it would take a more data about where all these miscreants ruining our country are hiding out but if you roughly figure an average of 2.5 days per round trip you can make those 12,000,000 runs to the border in under a year. there are 20,000 people in the border patrol so if they got their thumb out and nabbed 3 illegals each every working day they can fill those buses in the same time frame. so yeah, it's uber doable (i'm not suggesting we uber these beans back to frijole land, COME ON!)

you can say that's a lot of manpower, but hey, it's their job and one wonders why they aren't doing it already. or that it monopolizes our entire bus system for a year but no one rides those coaches but roaches anyway.

one year too long for you? well we've been making freedom endure in iraqk for 13 years so one year to take our OWN country back is a good deal.

so i say GO FOR IT! YOU! ESS! AY! OLE!

15. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    If this country had to rely on obese, semi-literate bumpkins, and not Mexicans, it wouldn't last a week.

dapip and luftmensch repped this.
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Y'see, that's the kind of thinking that made 'murica great... people who bring us solutions, not problems.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    perzackly.

2012-12-27-deviseshadok.jpg

soccernutter repped this.
  18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Glad there was a translation. All I got out of that cartoon was a fat bird who's pissed that his wine ran out on a Sunday night. Kinda like me.

19. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago

Dr. Wankler and ToMhIlL repped this.
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    take the honeymooners, the simpsons, space ghost, joan miro, peanuts, the smothers brothers and gilligans island, put them on animograph cells the size of a postage stamp, they come right up to about the knees of the shadoks.

o-POMPER-facebook.jpg

2012-12-03-devisesshadok11.jpg

Naughtius Maximus and soccernutter repped this.
  21. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny story about Arlo Guthrie. I grew up in the town where "Alice's Restaurant" went down, and it wasn't unusual to see him around. One time he was drinking with his old nemesis, Chief Obie (whose son I went to high school with), and I overheard one of them say "Y'know, we should make another movie." "Yeah, but this time, no assholes!"

russ, roby, cleansheetbsc and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    ToMhIlL repped this.
  23. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Small world...Arlo married his Jackie in a field next town over from me. Son Abe good friend and classmate of my Daughter. I coached Softball Team ...Sarah played. :)

24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    dapip repped this.
  25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Lindsey Graham apparently doing stand up now. Said if you killed Ted Cruz and the trial was on the floor of the senate, no senator would vote to convict you. Ouch.