S.C. Braga Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by Força Sporting, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Braga's stadium is beautiful. Everything is open...its excellent.

2. Vagos

Vagos Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Mississauga, ON
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Definitely one of the best in Portugal. I hope to see a game in Braga's Estadio in my life time... Something I don't want to miss out on.

Good luck tomorrow Braga, make Portugal proud!!

:)

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah. I swear Braga have the recipe to win the League, and change the "Big 3" into the "Big 4". I really think its possible...I feel like they are so close.

4. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    With Jesus as a coach I think they might have a shot. They're growing slowly but I think the board must think higher otherwise it will only limit the team's expectations. That sort of psychological structure in the backstage is really important and that's where FC Porto is king in Portugal for many years.

I really would like to see Braga winning but they still haven't accomplished any sort of prowess in 4 years. Hope they get out of the group stages and finnish ahead of one of the 3 grandes, it's about time.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They also need to either try to groom a very big name, and hold onto him or bring one in.

6. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Braga is handeling their business at home...2-0 so far in the 2nd half.

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!!

SC BRAGA 3 - 0 PORTSMOUTH

Eduardo with 3 Break away stops on Defoe was our only bad defensive play while our midfield dictated the game and our offense was on point tonight. The fans also made the stadium the loudest I've ever heard it.

Jorge Jesus has the team playing back to the way they played under Ferreira, Go To Hell Machado! You almost ruined my teams chances of being in Europe but they made it and so far we can say:

7 Games, 7 Wins, 0 Losses
    14 Goals for
    0 Against

8 Coefficient points for Portugal

Intertoto Champions, Top of Group E

Bring on Milan!

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Eduardo taking away from Defeo is huge. However, something needs to be said about the defense for allowing 3 breakway oppertunities...

Nevertheless, huge performance from Braga.

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well one was him in front but the defense was always close by. I should state 3 really good opportunities for Defoe but thats as much as Portsmouth got.

10. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    im guessing rodriguez played good?

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He played very, very well for us. Solid defensive game all around.

12. Vagos

Vagos Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Mississauga, ON
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Congrats on the win GD & Braga fans, happy to see a Portuguese club perform very well today :)

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ^^^^^^
    Thanks :D, a win today was very much needed and we did it with great style and poise. A win vs Wolfsberg and draw or win vs Heerenveen will make this a very successful group run. As long as Braga goes hard in Milan the result doesn't matter as you don't get any bigger opponent then Milan in the San Siro.

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Excellent start

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here are the goals from the game against Portsmouth.

I love the dances!

[youtube]iYDKMQtC0Gs[/youtube]

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portsmouth players and coach are blaming the loss on Braga diving. I find it Hilarious that the first goal was scored from a take down FROM BEHIND and the other two came from the run of play. All the while we had all the possesion in the world and easily took the ball from them when they did have possesion. If they didn't want Braga rolling on the floor then why repeatedly do scissor tackles, elbows to the face and stomps to the back of the legs?

Typical English were completely destroyed and resorted to Thuggery since they couldn't maintain possession or get passed any of our defenders who took the ball off their feet instead of taking swipes at their legs like they did to us all night. The ref was fine, he let Pompey know if you make contact with the legs cuz you can't et the ball I will blow the whistle. This isn't rugby if you're not good enough then prepare to get scored on and take it like men instead of resorting to rough uncalled for tackles. Don't do that and we won't milk it to kill time.

No British media stated that Braga were diving unfairly and only point to a goal disallowed for Portsmouth as a questionable call because the Pompey players didn't interfere with the goalie. That is true Eduardo wasn't fouled, some reports state that it was an offside but when I saw it, it looked as a foul on the defender by Campbell who went elbows up into our defenders trying to win the ball.

17. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Havent heard this yet.

18. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Beautiful :D

Now Braga must play in counter-attack mode vs Milan and try to get at least a draw.

To be honest I only see one Braga player diving and it was still a foul. Jesus should be the one complaining about that Behladj or something like that...the referee was too lenient with him...

19. berolina

berolina New Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Berlin
    from BBC

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp:
    "It wasn't like the first game in Portugal. The referee there, a Turk, was very good but this guy didn't give us anything.

"We also had a perfectly good goal disallowed. I've seen it again and the goalkeeper was not touched. At 2-1 it could have made all the difference.

"Braga played well and won the game but I thought it was poor the way they went about it. It doesn't happen in our game in England and I hope it never will."

Portsmouth keeper David James:
    "I wasn't happy with their sportsmanship.

"I haven't shaken any hands with them after the game and sometimes you get that in European games.

"They were playing for free-kicks and we are not that type of side. We knew they would go down easily, but there's not much we can do about that.

"The annoying thing is, they only had four shots on target and have scored three goals. We'll learn from the experience though."

btw Ref: Darko Ceferin (Slovenia)

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I swear to Jesus England can lick my left nut.

21. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jorge Jesus owned them at the press conference.

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's raining Goals! Currently 4-0 vs Amadora. The first 2 were Amadora mess ups but the last 2 have been class especially Massoro's goal.

To our Peruvian friend you'll be glad to know Rodriguez scored a great header.

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Renteria should of made it 5 with a break away.

2nd Yellow to Vidigal, Amadora down to 10

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yet again Renteria! beats the keeper fires it only for a sliding dive save by a defender at the line.

Braga is absolutely Sublime.

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Braga get their 5th in injury time. Absolute FANTASTIC display. The team has been great even vs Sporting with only a sub par performance (with ref assistance) vs Leixioes.

We move to 8th place tie the climb to the top has begun!