RVN is 23 goals away from becoming the all-time top scorer in the European Cup!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    At the rate he scores in that competition combined with his age (he should have at least 4 good years left barring injury) he s on course to not only overtake Raul as the top scorer since the CL formats inception but also to challenge Gerd Muller's 66goals in the all time chart of the European Cup. Wow!

I think his goals (Ruud's) to game ratio right now is something like 0.95 per game :eek: I think we as United fans/supporters should salute this achievement.

To Ruud, the legend. Salute! :D

2. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    How many does he have at mo? How many does Raul have?

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ruud has 35 goals in 36 games... I am not 100% sure, but I think Raul has 56 or so.

Indeed, Cheers to the best striker in Europe over the last three years by far. Imagine how many he would score if we made it to the finals. If he keeps his scoring ways up - 7 goals already so far he could take us to the finals.

4. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    That's 43 in 44 or 45 games. The 35 in 36 is his Man U tally the others come from his PSG days. Raul is on 48 and the all time record is 66.

Ruud's scoring rate is literally taking it back to the old school where alot of strikers amassed stupid numbers. To do what he is doing in the modern age.within only 5seasons of CL football is unheard of. Raul has been in the CL for almost a decade but, to be fair he's a support striker so his numbers are also phenomenal but, Ruud is literally taking it to another level. 0.95 goals per game... >_<

I don't know about us going too far in the CL yet...their are a number of strong teams this year and we aren't playing well. Things change obviously but, right now I wouldn't want to face some of the teams that are firing on cylinders we haven't reached yet.

I shudder to think what Ruud would hae done in this tournmanet if he'd been in it for as long as Raul has...at the rate he's going he will be the all time top scorer before he retires..barring injury of course.

I hope Fergie lets him play every game in the CL so he can rack up the numbers to get closer to Raul and into the 50goals bracket.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Ruud is a machine and the best in the business.

6. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I'm starting to believe he is worthy of being bracketed in a hallowed triumverate with Ronaldo and Shevchenko myself...He's doing all that can be asked of him and has a strike ratio in the CL no other striker can match. If the rest of the team performed like Ruud n the CL we would actually win the damn thing.

7. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    ^What do peoples shins in?

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think that if we play to potential only Milan and Barca will be any trouble... simply because of how well our defense plays in big games...

9. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    When he overtakes Raul he'll be the top scorer since the CL's inception! That may happen this season or the next depending on team progression also. Sheva and Ruud are both going to surpass Raul very soon and battle it out to chase Eusebio and then Muller!

Now that is what is called pedigree! :D

11. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    do you lot realize that just a couple of days ago we were busting Van Nistelrooy for playing under level...now were worshiping him

12. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thing is, I have more admiration for what he did against Lyon. The goals were harder to come by, we were down 2-0 and not looking good, and it was an away match against a better squad. He really only scored one tough goal this time, and even that was directly from a defender's error. Another one was a slightly easier finish. Add a penalty (certainly not saying they're easy, of course) and an offside tap-in. Great game, but not quite as gutsy as the Lyon match, IMO.

13. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003
  14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It's called jealousy. Wenger wishes he had a striker who was as good, consistant and able to perform in every competition.

15. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You wont find me amongst that 'we' :)

16. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Lol, Wenger has gone a bit loopy since the OT defeat. People can see Fergie has a grudge, he doesn't try and hide it. Wenger tries to act calm and like it's all good, whilst his behaviour since that time is nothing of the sort. Kinda like a slow burner, lol. He'll be like that until the Chelsea game at least. :D

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wenger responded by citing Henry's record of 56 goals in 84 games in the past 15 months, stressing that not even van Nistelrooy - with 48 goals in 68 games in that period - can stand comparison.

Wenger is an idiot... Henry's average comes down to .666666667, Ruud's goals per game average is .705

He is also openly biased:

"But Thierry has still done it it in big games. He's scored eight goals against Manchester United, a hat-trick away to Roma and two against Inter last season.'

Van Nistelrooy, meanwhile, may have hit four goals against Sparta Prague in midweek, but has only scored twice against Arsenal in eight games and twice against Chelsea in six matches."

He used Ruud's results in the last few games while he used all of Henry's career vs us when clearly he has not done that much recently. The man is blind to anything that is not exactly what he wants to see. I guess Henry performs on the big stage because when no one else is looking because I looked and looked but "I didn't see it!"

18. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    With players it's the red mist, with Wenger it's paranoia!

>Van Nistelrooy, meanwhile, may have hit four goals against Sparta Prague in midweek,

In midweek van Nistelrooy was playing in a team that played attacking football for the first time in a long time :)

19. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!

Lol, you ever expect Wenger to stand still on a day when there is lots of rain and look to the sky screaming. [Mr Smith/Matrix] THIS IS MY WURLLLLLD, MYYYY WURLLLLLD MR........NISTLE......ROOY [/Mr Smith/Matrix]

It's only a matter of time! :D

20. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    The pace of the CL is most definitely suiting our players more then the league is right now, that's for sure. Our reputation in the competition doesn't hurt either :) Lots of teams just give up after the game looks unassailable.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Wenger has definately lost the plot. :D

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Achtung, you are a genius. I've been trying to find a site like that for years. :D

23. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    IIRC Raul is one short of the all time record.

24. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Arsepipe Wanker is just a joker. I cant understand why he didnt get done, off them FA idiots? Cheerup (Keegan), got fined, Arsepipe Wanker, was asked to 'explain himself', wtf does that mean? Never said anything either. As for Peanut head being better than Ruud, yea w/e. Henry is a little brat, (good player like), but big game bottler. I like it also how Arsepipe Wanker included two goals against us that were offside, oh suppose Arsepipe Wanker "didn't see it".

25. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    The all time record is 66goals. Raul is on 48 and is one short of equalling di Stefano's all time record for Madrid.