Rusty American players hurting MNT?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by murphyskicks, Jun 16, 2009.

1. murphyskicks

murphyskicks Member

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    A number of MNT players are riding the pine (some aren't even making gameday rosters) in Europe. Yeah, they are getting paid and they are practicing in a great environment but I think it is killing the MNT. Jozy's first touch seems so inconsistant. Beasley looks to have a total lack of confidence right now. I can't say that I know what is going on with Adu, but he definitely hasn't progressed as much as expected. Guzan gets no minutes, I am not 100% about Feilhaber either, but he looked so unsure what to do with the ball a few times - most importantly his cough up to Rossi for the Italians to get on the sheet.

I think ALL of these guys would be better players if they were suiting up and staring for MLS teams right now as opposed to struggling in Europe. I guess the only worse thing for the MNT right now is that nobody in camp is beating these players out for starting spots. There is so much potential from our starting 11 (minus left back) right now and it just isn't being realized for some reason.

In my opinion, if a player isn't averaging 20+ minutes per game for their club they have no business getting called into MNT camp.