Russian thuggery in the stands and before the England game.

Discussion in 'Euro 2016' started by goliath74, Jun 11, 2016.

?

How should UEFA handle this situation?

1. Eject Russian team from Euro

23.5%
  2. Heavy fine for Russian Football Union but nothing else

2.9%
  3. Forcible removal of large groups of Russian fans from Euro 2016

17.6%
  4. Larger police presence at Russia games, including surrounding Russian fans with police cordons

17.6%
  5. Stripping Russia of WC 2018

20.6%
  6. Stripping Russia of a point earned through England draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No penalty of any kind?

17.6%
  8. Other penalty (suggestions encouraged)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is nonsense. I have just spent time in France drinking and singing songs with German fans in English. Top people and we sure as hell couldn't sing songs in German let alone start them. They are very interested and influenced by our supporter culture.

Also enjoyed talking to Belgians in Lyon (great city) before and after the Italy match. Had a great time drinking with them. I met people of many nationalities and none were anti-English. Some English people isolate themselves and behave in an aggressive way without even realising it. The best thing about an international tournament is mingling with fans from different countries.

Went to the Russia Slovakia match and enjoyed it. Lots of tickets for resale and lots of empty seats as thousands obviously decided to stay away. Certainly wasn't going into the centre of Lille afterwards. Fortunately my hotel was near the stadium and I watched the France match in a bar next to it. Wonderful experience. Great party afterwards and there were even a few Russians there. No hint of trouble and the bar certainly didn't shut early. And if anyone only thinks the English get drunk they don't realise that the French just leave it much later. Even the bar staff were smashed and dancing on the bar by 3am.

Don't want to get into politics but if you vote to isolate yourself you're becoming more like Russia.

Lets not forget that our clubs deserved to be kicked out following Heysel and everything prior.

evil_allan repped this.
  2. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im talking about the people who run the game and the politicians, they are ****'s.

BREXIT!

did you walk around all those games with an england shirt, I wager not and I wouldnt believe you if you said you did.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Portugese FA is fined because a fan took a selfie with Ronaldo. Finally, they are doing something.