Russian section of NYC?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by cmblfc, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least someone in this place has a sense of humor. ;)

The real humor about the whole thing is that he spoke absolutely no English, and his mistress of course spoke no Italian. It was one of the runnning family jokes.

In any event, the Mafia has not been the same since Meyer Lansky died.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Against my better judgement and despite my complete sleep deprivation:

How nice for you? I'm a member of the last generation of the Russian intelligensia. I'm not denying that fact.

You've changed the goalposts so much they're now somewhere on the moon. Your complaint isn't the lack of culture in New York, its the expense. Which is a different issue entirely.

True, but sometimes it can be. The more you choose one association, the more likely you will be identified with it.

:confused: What an odd position to take for an argument which I entered into through a side door. I hardly proclaimed this from the start.

Yes, but that doesn't apply to me. I don't deny the fact that I'm from Russia or that I speak the language. I am what I am. Which is an American Jew who happened to be born in Russia who still retains some of the characteristics of that place. Very few, but some nevertheless.

:confused: Shedding? What am I shedding? I read Russian classics in the vernacular and post here. I'm not "shedding" anything.

But why would people know that? If you met me, you'd never know I was Russian. And how would you? Unless I announced it for some reason, which I see no reason to. You're effectively arguing I'm hiding my right-handedness because I don't people upfront that I'm right handed.

My family's dinner table has a lot to offer me. And I will have nostalgia for them because its my family. That some of the discussions revolved around Russia is mostly irrelevant.

As I said - given that I don't know Russians here and don't date them, it would be quite surprising if I married one.

3. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Bah, cry me a river. Tell it to the people whose elbow I drool over in the next seat on the airplane back from another WC of Hockey.

Speaking of which, here is a little scene on the streets of Vienna.

TOURIST NUMBER 1 (a middle-aged Asian man in a black Detroit Red Wings training jersey): "Nu chto, sporim na morozhenoye, chto eti dve chuvikhi iz Rossii?"
    TOURIST NUMBER 2 (an attractive twentysomething female with red-dyed hair): "Da nu, Sash, neuzheli nashikh tak legko opoznat'?"
    TN1: "A vot smotri!.. Devushki, vy ne iz Khabarovska?"
    TOURIST NUMBER 3 (a thirtysomthing woman in fishnet stockings and a miniskirt): "Net, iz Tveri"
    TOURIST NUMBER 4 (a thirtysomething woman in way too much makeup): "A ya iz Moskvy"

Most of the time I get confused for an Arab, BTW, except when I am in Moscow, where people tend to smell a Jew from as far away as Voskresensk.*

And stop denying it: the only reason you are refusing to visit Moscow is not your disinterest in the monotonous and overpriced GUM fare or your high appreciation of New York's equally monotonous and overpriced cultural scene. It's the subconscious knowledge that your chances of coming back single are not much better than those of ever preferring Snickers to Mishka Kosolapyi.

-----------
    * That, of course, being the incomparable Nikolai Epshtein, the founding father of Russian hockey, believe it or not. The alter kacker was mixin' it up in the corner back when your folks were working so hard on creating the Jewish sterotype.

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Um, Shurik? I just spent a full month in Moscow.

5. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Hiding under a GUM counter? ;)

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Went in for 5 minutes, actually.

7. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    5 minutes too many. But do continue.

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    With what? I checked the prices in the Hugo Boss store because I needed another shirt or two, and passed. That was my GUM adventure. Would you like to hear some of my stories about riding the metro? Or perhaps visiting Patriarch's Ponds?

9. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Shurik stop with ur pro-Jewish ******** comments please. The fact of te matter is this, most Soviet Jews aren't even from Russia but Ukraine, most Jews dislike Russians just as much as Russians dislike Jews. Instead of sweating Russia for being un-fair tot eh always fair Jewish nation, wy don't u go take a look at Ukraine and see what u find there.

10. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Epstien who? When people asscosiate hockey with Russia what comes to mind? CSKA, Tarasov, Tikhonov, Fetisov, Tretiak.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Given that most Ukranian Jews are from Eastern Ukraine and Crimea (which is Russian), that's a very moot point. Bit like saying that people in Maryland are "southerners", because of where the Mason Dixon line was drawn.

Which they demonstrate by what? Pogroms? Institutionalized prejudice? Attempts to send them to Siberia for their protection? Do tell.

That Russia is an anti-semitic country isn't even up for debate. It is.

12. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Of course, how could we not!!! Look what you've done to our country!

Tarasov hated Epshtein and hated to play against him. He continually raided Khimik of its best players and so did Tikhonov. He called Khimik "midgets with big dicks". Larionov was discovered and raised by Epshtein. In fact, not knowing Epshtein's name disqualifies you from being a hockey fan. From now on I forbid you to ever watch or discuss hockey again. Go and get drunk on the obscenely small amounts of vodka like most Russians are prone to.

13. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Whatever it was that occupied you there, unless of course you spent your time in Moscow like most healthy males under 60, which is humping 70% of the time.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Work.

15. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Beh... You could do that in New York.

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    :confused: What's your point?

17. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I know this may seem way off, but what are we arguing about, aren't we all Jews who dislike Arabs, who love soccer, who love women, hockey and our mothers? ;)

18. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Ah, who cares! I am too intrigued by this new and exciting opportunity of being labled a Russian-basher.
    Just admit it that American candy is dog poop compared to ours and I will leave you alone.

19. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    I kno who Epstien is u ********. The truth is that Jews are guilty of exploiting Russia and Ukraine. Made all the money in the nation then distributed amongst the Jewish community while the Slavs starved. And u wonder why 90% of the world hates u.

20. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Known fact that Jewish dudes hate Jewish women and get out of the house at every opportunity to visit their beautiful Rusisan mistress.

21. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    MWAHAHA You are such a retard :D

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You are an idiot of the first class. I feel rather sorry for you than mad. Fcukface.

23. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, im going to Maine for a week. Ill do the RFPL thing when I get back next saturday.

24. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Is this the English version of the Runet Newspeak. How many padonkaff does it take to screw in a Russian mistress?

It's a trick question. They've all drunk themselves to sterility.

This is exactly why 90% of the world is madly in love with them.

25. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Come on. You've missed them, admit it. I, for one, am genuienly pleased that one has stumbled in here.
    There is nothing to be afraid. We killed their god*, you know. They are sh!ite against us.

---------
    * At least, that's what we told them to keep them from realising the horrible truth: their god was one of us**

** At least, that's what I am saying here to keep them from realising the even more horrible truth: the whole concept of god was made up by us.