Russia 2018: Ticket Thread (sales at face-value ONLY)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by Gustavo Fonseca, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vamoBrasil

vamoBrasil Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Once I got in, I closed all tabs from my other browsers and called my credit card company right away (even before choosing my tickets then I cart my tickets while I was on hold) because, I knew they would decline my payment even though I had called them up in advance at least 4 times (luckly they had a note on my account and it was pretty quick to aprove it).
    I can't tell if they could give me a hard time, asking all those security questions, if I hadn't called beforehand because I sounded so desperate on the phone (to get it done in 15 minutes).
    Good Luck tomorrow you guys!!!

themanlarry repped this.
  2. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    hello everyone, just want to say best of luck to all tomorrow, I hope you get the games you are looking for!

While as a USA fan this world cup will be bittersweet, these fun times waiting for tickets and commiserating with others is part of what makes this such a fun and once in a lifetime experience. I hope to meet some of you in Moscow and St. petersburg as I was lucky enough to meet some of you in Brazil!

DaBull13 repped this.
  3. EricJohn

EricJohn Member

Oct 18, 2017
    My game plan:

1 lap top - 1 browers
    1 iPad - 2 browsers
    1 iPhone - 2 browsers

All together:

5 que’s/5 different Fifa Accounts

Urarata repped this.
  4. FootballPirateMorgan

Feb 20, 2018
    London
    Is there a need to refresh the page when the countdown clock hits 0, at 12.00 Moscow time?

5. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Felipao~

Felipao~ Member

Apr 25, 2007
    You have to connect through Moscow to go anywhere anyway.
    I am there with you not holding my breath for Mexico Germany either...

7. Felipao~

Felipao~ Member

Apr 25, 2007
    You're right, my bad, I was thinking 2010, not 2014.

8. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Danielito1

Danielito1 Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 16, 2012
    Miami, United States
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Question: can you pay for tickets using credit card which has different name than your ticketing account? I have a feeling that you can.

10. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, i've done it. I would only in this phase since the tickets will be delivered. I wouldn't try it in the next phase where tickets need to be picked up and you have to present the card and ID.

11. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately despite your feelings, FIFA feels differently. From their regulations:

10. Payment Process
    10.2 If the Ticket Applicant choses to pay for the Tickets by payment card, unless otherwise indicated in the Ticket Application Form the nominated payment card shall be registered in the name of the Ticket Applicant and must not be used by multiple Ticket Applicants. Any Ticket Application Form nominating a payment card (i) not registered in the name of the Ticket Applicant, or (ii) used by multiple Ticket Applicants may be rejected by FIFA.
    But there's other rules in there FIFA is either not enforcing or enforcing selectively or inconsistently, so go for it. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

12. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    Has anyone had Success With Mastercards for Purchasing Tickets ? I know Visa is preferred but just Curious if there is a Bias or opinion here for The Draw This Morning.

Thanks

PJ

13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is true...this phase is different and I still have the last phase on my mind. Here you cart the tickets and pay for them on the spot, so it's probably OK. But I still wouldn't risk it.

14. xelaseyer

xelaseyer New Member

Pachuca
    Mexico
    Feb 15, 2018
    As a Mexican, this is terrifying. Best luck is CAT2 against S.Korea. It's yellow...

15. Syed Hashim Ali Bokhari

Manchester United
    England
    Mar 1, 2018
    SO what do you guys expect how long tickets will be available? My objective is to visit Russia, as there will be no need of applying for Visa. Besides my first world cup experience, so I am excited.

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I wonder if people realised that nice, long middle finger to everyone from FIFA and those fake green colours in the demand page. Man they must have had a good laugh.

themanlarry repped this.
  17. prubio

prubio Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good Luck guys!

Urarat repped this.
  18. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    You too mate (and the rest!). Fingers crossed everyone gets what they are hoping for or at least make progress on what they need.

19. bbffc97

bbffc97 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes, have been successful in two rounds so far with MasterCard.

20. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    3 browsers with separate accounts in the queue. To refresh or not is the question.

21. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    I'm just going in with one browser on one account. *Shrugs shoulders*

GL to all

Medeiros and themanlarry repped this.
  22. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    How long is it till it opens I thought here in the UK we were 4 hours behind Moscow but it says 1 hour plus on the timer.

23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Just go with the timer.. its 1h+ left!! UK is not the center of the world!! It not even part of "Europe" anymore LOL ;)

Rwalter and hearts123 repped this.
  24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    lol I know I was just going on 12pm Moscow = 8am UK. so was confused. :)