Rush: "Pele Overrated Because He's Black"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DoctorJones24, Oct 18, 2003.

1. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    I'd say we have a consensus, but I think we'd better wait for Ian to weigh in on this.

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie Gaedel was overrated because the media wanted a "little person" to succeed.

3. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, I need to know how you came up with 21 assists for Mays when he got 195 career OF assists. He got .0686 assists per game in the OF compared to Dom's .107. For those keeping score, that's 56% more for Dom.

Here's another interesting stat. Runs per 162 games.

Dom: 121
    Mays: 112

Not a fair comparison? Ok, then let's compare Dom to "the greatest leadoff man is history" Rickey Henderson: 121 runs per 162 games.

4. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Dom retired at the age of 35 due to an eye injury. Kind of like HOFer Kirby Puckett.

5. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Next you'll claim Joe was better than Dom.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

easy... i made the mistake of not excluding his 1B assists

7. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    I know a software that can help you all to end this fight whether he was better Dom or Joe "of May".

This fight is spreading worldwide causing hatred and raising antiamericanism in my neighborhood.

This morning an old lady stopped me screaming "why the hell those terrorists write DiMaggio instead of Di Maggio? They hate us, they hate our 2 words surnames, they act so in order to provoke us."

You keep acting unilaterally without asking the help of UN, UN's consent.

Use this software and everything will be fine.

"A revolutionary whole new approach" even to the dom vs. joe quarrel.

http://www.bernardbelanger.com/computing/NaDa/

8. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    He got 37 assists at 1B and 1 at 3B, but that doesn't come close to raising his average to 21 a year :)

9. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

and with my math (looks like i divided by 10 full seasons instead of 20 on that one)... it's called sleep deprivation

in any event, there goes your assertion that a BSer will never admit a mistake :D

11. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    Revisionist.

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    This reminds me.. Ron Santo is another player that absolutely belongs in the HOF.