Rush Limbaugh is a big fat racist!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by wu-tang beez, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Freddy Adu is black ... and loving it!

In other racially-motivated sports news, big fat racist Rush Limbaugh will dedicate his next week of radio airtime showing why Freddy Adu is no better than your average U-15 white kid, but gets all the breaks because he's black.

I mourn for the poor male WASP. We're always the true victims in this upside down world.

2. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Isn't thayt the way Rush was promoted, as the voice of the fan, not an expert? He was offered that job instead of some "jacknut" because some "jacknut" does not increase their viewership by 10%

3. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    And maybe you were not watching closely as he crumbled along with the rest of the team around him in at the end of his career.

I will give the Dallas defense and Emmit Smith all the credit in the world, but I still am not convinced that Aikman was a great quarterback. Like I said, this is one of those things that is very difficult to judge.

4. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then they should have just had him call into the show like a real "voice of the fan". It could have been funny, with Berman saying "Rush on the mobile, you're on ESPN NFL Countdown". Rush could've then said, "Hey guys, first time long time, can't believe I got through! McNabb sucks, man, get him out of there!"

The Mouse tried this same schtick and failed with Dennis Miller, of course. Miller clearly knew a lot of football history, but couldn't convey his knowledge in an entertaining way for the average fan. Rush, from what I've heard, doesn't really know football. If you're getting paid to make commentary, you should have a grasp of the subject on which you are commenting. Then again, given many of the subjects that Rush has taken up on his radio show, maybe this is par for the course.

5. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    Dusty didn't quite get a free pass, but because of the unwritten rule that permits commentary on one's own race, and because results are what matters anyway, he kept his job (I never got a good impression on how much pressure was on him to resign).

That's why Shockey gets off too- results. Well, he also admitted to immaturity and then apologized.

The athletes and managers have milllions of dollars invested in them, and they produce results. Rush, who's statement betrays his ignorance and undermines his football credibility, was brought on as part of an experiment in sports infotainment. Ironically, that statement makes him more suited for a race relations panel than a football program.

You also forgot Charlie Ward and Reggie White. Though out of all of them, Charlie Ward's is the most disturbing. Speaking of anti-semitic, what happened to Marge Schott?

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, but only a clueless racist, the kind of person so negrophobic that it distorts their perceptions, would think that the media give a s*** about black quarterbacks. 10 or 15 years ago, maybe Rush would have had a point. But now? 15 years after Doug Williams won a Super Bowl? When black quarterbacks hold starting positions in a higher ratio than their presence in the population?

I won't comment on whether or not someone who posts the same on a message board is also a clueless racist.

7. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah- that can happen after a 12-year hall of fame career and 3 Super Bowl victories. Age catches up.

Emmit never saw a run-stacked line in 8 years. Because opposing defenses were scared to death of Aikman-to-Irvin and Aikman-to-Novacek.

8. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Nothing can help Ty.

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think she finally went away after calling one of her players a "Million dollar N-Bomb"...

And Rush did get results - he sparked debate and is widely credited with increasing viewership by 10%.

I do agree that it was an experiment in football infotainment. This wasn't the first time he was wrong about football stuff on the show either. There are drunks in TGI Fridays that know more about football than Rush Limbaugh.

I don't like how opposing viewpoints here are treated with 2 or 3 people piling on and calling that person clueless or an idiot. Ironic as it mostly comes from people who are supposedly in favor of diversity.

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    How exactly is an NFL policy in any way indicative of a media interest?

11. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was because Neil O'Donnell sucked ass.

Mobility also helped Steve Young, Mark Brunell, John Elway and Fran Tarkenton. There is no law that says QB's have to stay in the pocket.

Yeah, let's all go back to the days when Black college quarterbacks (those who were lucky enough to get drafted) were automatically moved to wide receiver and cornerback when they got to the NFL.

You better put your tinfoil hat back on before the aliens steal your thoughts.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot Steve Grogan and Bobby Douglass.

[OT]It just makes me laugh when I hear people say that Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb is "revolutionizing" the quarterback position. It's ludicrous. There's a steady evolution going on, as the athletes rushing the quarterback get better and faster. It's obvious even to me, a non-intense fan for 30+ years. Whenever I hear "revolution" I think, count me out. That's MTV thinking, that history started 5 years ago or something.[/OT]

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Errr... because the NFL policy is a direct result of pressure put on the NFL by the media firestorm that was whipped up by Johnnie Cochrane, Jesse Jackson, etc. along with the threatened lawsuits perhaps, or the promised demonstrations, boycotts, etc. - you know, the usual threats.

Doesn't anybody ever watch the Sports Reporters or Outside the Lines on ESPN?

SportsCenter uses snippets from these shows all the time in order to keep these subjects in the public eye....

Or maybe all the sportwriters and other ESPN talking heads are not the media? :rolleyes:

14. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Yes, but now he can paint himself as the victim. It plays right into his hands.

15. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    And you know for a fact that the media don't give a s*** about black quarterbacks? You are so in touch with all of the national media, that you are gonna call another person a racist for even having an opinion that that might be the case?

Is that what we are supposed to believe?

Even worse, now you are going to imply that anyone who might even attempt to defend the guy is a racist also?

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Michael, I don't know how much of a football fan you are, but the black quarterback just isn't the vanguard of the revolution anymore. I don't know how to "prove" it to you, except to say that any NFL fan knows this.
    2. I defended Rush on his black coaches comment. So no, I don't think anyone who defends Rush is by definition a racist.

17. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Put it this way, I am a big enough fan that it took every bit of willpower I had to not turn around and punch right in the face, the Eagles fan behind me in the stadium Sunday.

Just because it isn't the "vanguard of the revolution" it does not mean that it is still not an issue. The fact of the matter is, that relative to just about every other position on the field there are many more white quarterbacks.

I find it hard to believe there still are not a lot of sports guys out there who feel that this issue is not settled, and that there could be a backslide if the current group of black quarterbacks are not succesfull.

Rush may be unreasonable about blaming everything on the liberal media, but that does not make his comments about the media racist. I think he may be hypersensitive to race in the media, but based on the overkill on this issue, he may have a point.

18. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rush maybe have had a better point if he had said this about Kordell Stewart 3-4 years ago.... but not about Donovan McNabb and not in today's NFL.

19. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that. The failures of Andre Ware, Akili Smith and Ray Lucas didn't stop the NFL from drafting black quarterbacks after them.

20. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Stop kidding yourself. Sterling was amazing, but what did Freeman or Shroeder or any GB WR do after they left the Packers? Flop, that's what. Don't forget that Driver is still playing for GB, so if Favre had him last year, he'll have him this year, too. Favre makes the recievers around him look better

21. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    [​IMG]

Ha, ha

22. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, I like how they pressured Augusta National, another private enterprise, into admitting women.

Oh wait.

And to suggest that anybody takes Sports Reporters seriously is laughable.

SportsCenter uses snippets from these shows all the time because ESPN has become a self-serving publicity whore.

How many of them direct policy at the NFL?

23. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I can't find the link for this anymore, so you're just going to have to trust me: black NFL coaches have a higher winning percentage than white NFL coaches over the past 10 or so years. Statistically,this leaves open the possibility that black coaches have to perform better than white coaches to keep their jobs.

24. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear GringoTex,

Keep my job? What the hell are you talking about?

Love,
    Art Shell

25. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh... so THAT's why they hired Marvin Lewis in Cincinatti! LOL! :)

Just kidding, I actually think the world of Marvin Lewis. He's a stud.