rumour is...

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by Brook, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "If City lose tonight (v Austin), Underwood is gone."
    Said a high ranking City official prior to kick off.
    I hope its true.

2. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so too. The Stars just looked pathetic out there tonight. What I was watching barely qualified as soccer.

------RM

3. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank goodness, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Personally, I'm beginning to think that it's the majority of the FO that needs to go along with the coach.

4. Cleveland City

Cleveland City New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Brook rumour is that Cleveland City Stars will become a farm team for Manchester United next season.

Fat chance of that happening and the same with Underwood being sacked. I can tell you that were stuck with Underwood until the end of the season.

Make sure you bring your paper bags to the game next suday.

5. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they can't get anyone else? Or because our FO is a bunch of incompentant retards who don't give a sh*t what the fans think, because they're too busy thinking up new stupid sh*t for kids to do at halftime?

I am so goddamned conflicted. With any other Cleveland sports club, my response would be to boycott -- i.e. they don't get a cent of my money until they show they at least care about the results on the field. But with any other team, I can feel confident that they'll still be there when I come back. I'm not so sure about the City Stars, which is why I want to support them as much as I can.

------RM

6. Cleveland City

Cleveland City New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I dont agree with alot of the halftime shows either, I could care less if you ask me. But its the only way to get some people into a game. Sad but true.

Heres where te problem lies, I remember last two years people saying oh its a USL2 Team/Game I wont go or support it. Ok now were a USL1 team and there is still no support either, so whats there exuse now.

Bottom line is that people just dont care about soccer in Cleveland. Its said to say that there are very few hard core soccer fans and its good to see that those people do come out.

Could Cleveland support a MLS team. I am going to start a poll.

7. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, obviously Wolstein thought Cleveland could, or at least Northeast Ohio...

------RM

8. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Bart Wolstein could care less about anything other than lining his own pockets. Bart (and his henchmen Scott and Paul), wanted an MLS stadium just so they could own all the rights to the businesses that were built around the "lifestyle center" that they were going to put up on Rt 8 in Northfield. When it came to theactual soccer team, they could have cared less....as soon as they realized they couldn't push around the other MLS owners like they did with the old MISL, they would have been history.

9. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, if that is the case, all we can do is vociferously let the FO know that, as William Holden said in that classic scene from "Network"..."We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore"

Eff you, Odd Underwood.

10. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be that as it may, the question is whether there are enough soccer fans in Northeast Ohio to support an MLS team. Given that the league had awarded Cleveland the right to a team conditional on getting the stadium deal done, someone somewhere must have thought the fan base was there.

Mind you, I'm beginning to wonder if that "someone somewhere" was just flat-out wrong.

------RM

11. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're still waiting.

So, who is this high ranking City official that you have in your pocket?

Probably the team pastor, he can't keep his mouth shut, but then again, he's in love with Underwood.