Rumor: Rumors, Trades, Ins, Outs, etc...

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by DylanPresman, Jun 14, 2015.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    27YO miefielder Tjaronn Chery signs a 3-year deal after QPR met the buyout figure in his contract with Eredivisie club Groningen, for whom he scored 15 goals in 34 appearances last season.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-sign-tjaronn-chery-groningen-2559372.aspx#4Uc65G3qfPDTcosW

“He had offers to earn much more money elsewhere, but he’s chosen QPR because he feels he can progress here as a player and that’s fantastic. You hear a lot these days about players being versatile and we’ve certainly got that going forward now. Tjaronn is another one that fits in that mould. He can rotate across that front-line and is very effective in a central or wide role.” -- Les Ferdinand

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  3. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've certainly lined up some attacking options. The success of our offseason now may come down to what cover we sign in the back and who we choose to sell/not sell (and what prices they bring).

So far, I'm pleased with our offseason business.

4. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  7. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Presumably in an effort to play hardball on Austin's price, Ramsey is now talking about the possibility he stays at QPR.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/23/chris-ramsey-charlie-austin-qpr

“There have been offers,” Ramsey told Sky Sports News. “With a player of Charlie’s ability, there will always be speculation.

“At the moment, there has been nothing concrete. We’ve had offers that we’ve rejected, and we’ve had offers that Charlie himself has not been happy to take on.

“At the moment, he’s a QPR player and he’s working hard in training. I’m having the idea that he will be here into the season. If he is here during the season then he is going to be someone that we want to use.”

8. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Clearly they are holding out for over better money for Charlie. They might be willing to keep him until the January window opens to see who is desperate enough to shell out big money. Personally, I cannot understand why, if Sterling is worth 50 million, Charlie wouldn't be worth at least 30 million. He scored many more goals than Sterling last year with much worse service. He has scored plenty of goals every season of his career at every level. He scores from a lot of different situations. I wouldn't be sad if we kept him. I know the media thinks we are holding out for 15 million, but I think that he is worth twice that.

9. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  10. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ex-QPR SWP has signed with New York Red Bulls and will join his brother there.

11. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #36 Atouk, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Steven Caulker has gone to Southampton on a season-long loan. Ouch. We just got weaker in our greatest area of weakness.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/steven-caulker-qpr-southampton-loan-2579061.aspx

"Steven wanted to play in the Premier League and we've managed to get a substantial loan fee and covering of his wages, which is a significant deal for the club."

"Our new philosophy and approach means this is what we're dealing with at the moment."

-- Les Ferdinand

Ferdinand on this and the potential of other upcoming deals: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-les-ferdinand-steven-caulker-transfers-2579342.aspx

12. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We've signed James Perch, defender from Wigan, for an undisclosed fee. I guess this fills the gaps that Caulker's loan left. Even with him, we are still very thin at the back.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/q...hletic-loftus-road-les-ferdinand-2582640.aspx

James Perch becomes QPR's seventh summer signing ...

• James Perch signs three-year deal at Loftus Road
    • Versatile defender pens three year deal in W12
    • Perch was named Latics' Player of the Year in his two seasons at the club
    QPR have secured the signing of versatile defender James Perch.
    Perch, 29, has signed a three-year deal at Loftus Road, after the R’s agreed an undisclosed fee with Wigan Athletic for his services.
    Back-to-back Latics’ Player of the Year in each of his two seasons with the club since his £700,000 arrival from Newcastle United in July 2013, Perch – a virtual ever-present in his time at the DW Stadium – is relishing the opportunity to return to the Championship with QPR following Wigan’s relegation last term.
    He told www.qpr.co.uk: “It’s great to be here and to have my future sorted out.
    “Les and the gaffer sold the club to me brilliantly. They showed a great desire to bring me here, and that helped make up my mind.
    “I know players who have played here before and they spoke about the club in good terms, so it was an easy decision for me.”
    He added: “I’ve played in the Championship for quite a few years now and I know what to expect.
    “It’s a tough division; it’s Saturday-Tuesday a lot of the time; there are no easy games, but we’ll front up the challenge head on and compete as best we can.
    “I’m looking forward to the challenge of getting into the side and proving my worth at QPR.”
    R’s Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, pinpointed Perch’s versatility as a key factor in bringing him to Loftus Road, adding: “James is a proven Championship performer, with great versatility across a number of positions.
    “He can cover both full-back positions, centre-half and holding midfield, so he’ll be a real asset for us.

13. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-in-talks-with-ream-after-offer-is-accepted-by-bolton

"United States international Tim Ream is discussing personal terms with QPR after a £1.4m bid for the centre-back was accepted by Bolton." It was previously reported that they'd turned down a £1m bid.

He went to London to discuss personal terms yesterday. The report says they hope to have him signed by the weekend, but he wouldn't be available this weekend as his visa would have to be renewed.

14. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think Austin will go to Spurs on deadline day for a pretty good price (in our terms)... £10 mil and a player throw in? Place your bets... place your bets.

annoyingracoon01 repped this.
  17. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angella joined on loan from Watford.

18. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The window closed with Austin, Phillips and Green still at QPR. Likewise, Fer and Sandro are still on the books. I think Fer can be of help to the club. We were unable to move Hoilett or Traore on free transfers, so we're carrying more salary than we'd like but this looks like a good roster.

19. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The roster looks decent and hopefully we can turn that into a push for promotion. But you also have to remeber that we were bottom of the prem a couple months ago.

20. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, though many of the players still on the roster (Green, Austin, Onuoha, Phillips, Hill, Henry, Yun, Traore, Hoilett) won promotion the season before, too.

Chery looks at least as good as Morrison. If we count the entire squad (Mackie, Fer, Sandro, Faurlin, JET, etc.) we should have at least as strong of a squad as the team that finished 4th in 13/14.

The squad looks goods, though I've no idea if we're heading toward FFP trouble again.

21. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States