Rumor: Daniel Hernandez -> Rapids (MLSNET.com)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by USvsIRELAND, Jul 7, 2005.

1. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  2. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

I saw that too...all I can say is that I find it hard to really care. I guess I'm just put off by Hernandez's quote saying he has no idea why he hasn't been called into the USMNT because he's starting in the MFL. If I was a Rapids fan I might be excited at a slight upgrade in defense, if this happens, but I wouldn't expect much out a player that has already been around and around MLS and never showed well in multiple seasons.

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    I'd be worried as this may mean Mastroeni is leaving.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Sigh!

One of my peeves over on the Chivas USA board is that part of their problem is they haven't gotten the best Mexican-American and various other Latino US citizens.

This is just another example. Why CUSA isn't trying to bring this guy in and trying to trade for the likes of Burciaga or Garcia but sticks with these sub-par Mexicans amazes me.

As for Hernandez and the Rapids, he and Clavijo have history. I'm pretty sure FC was the assistant with the Metros when he played there and the head coach in NE when Hernadez started off as a Rev. So, each side knows what they're getting in the other. This could work.

5. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that correct? I've been trying to figure out is Clavijo and Hernandez crossed paths. As far as I can follow Hernandez went to NE from the Metros the same season that Clavijo got fired, 1992. The question is, did he join before or after. The best I can tell at the moment is that they just missed each other, but I'm not sure.

6. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Well, Necaxa just played their first game of the mexican summer tournament and I didn't see his name anywhere in the stats. I also looked on univision.com and he isn't even listed as a player for any team, so I'm wondering what the heck happened to him.

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Ah, scratch that. I went to the official Necaxa site and it has Daniel listed on the "baja" or injured list. I guess the MLS thing never went through.

8. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004