Ruiz Message

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MKO, Sep 1, 2002.

1. MKO

MKO Red Card

Mar 26, 1999
    None of your Biz
    Did anyone catch the message that was on Ruiz's Tshirt? It was in Spanish, but a translation would help.

2. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It means, "Don't ever forget where you came from."

Great statement by Ruiz!!!

3. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually another translation is:

"Always remember where you came from".

4. HeretiC

HeretiC New Member

Jan 29, 2000
    LA, CA
    I thought it said "Where the White women at?"

5. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's "Where all the white women at?" =)

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    "Where's my damn watch, Lalas?"

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ruiz

Damn MLS partnership with Radio Unica has infiltrated my beloved four hours of MFL radio talk and i have to now put up with daily news briefs on MLS.

Anyways they had a segment where another player from Guatemala was talking smack about Ruiz and dissing the MLS. My guess is that Ruiz was sending out a message to him.

8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ruiz

Gee, Various, you forgot to insert the "smiley"

Not sure what you mean. What message did you think Ruiz was sending?

I do not think I have ever seen a Guatamala doestic league game. I assume the domestic league there can't compare to FMF. Do you know how it compares to MLS? (This is an honest request for an honest opinion if you have one - not an invitation to flame)

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The Cadaver

Gee, Various, you forgot to insert the "smiley"

No i didnt. You see Futbol de Primera with Andres Cantor cover U.S football. they also present the Honda player of the year award. There is also KWKW La Radio que Habla with el Veloz Gonzales which does Galaxy pbp and covers the MLS. Radio Unica was the only station to cover the MFL exclusively. They still do but i hate when they announce the MLS live results in the middle of a interview or newsbrief.

Not sure what you mean. What message did you think Ruiz was sending?

I think his Guatemalan rival was calling him a sell out. My guess is that hes just hating and Ruiz wanted to prove him wrong..

I do not think I have ever seen a Guatamala doestic league game. I assume the domestic league there can't compare to FMF. Do you know how it compares to MLS? (This is an honest request for an honest opinion if you have one - not an invitation to flame.

No way bro. Central American football is semi pro at best. Maybe it compares to A-League..

10. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I read that Radio Unica had entered into a deal with MLS to start a Spanish language MLS talk show. Don't know if that is to start soon or not.

I guess you could look at it two ways. You might see it as an unwelcome "encroachment" on FMF turf and therefore (from one point of view) a bad thing. Or, you could look at it as a legitimate effort by MLS to reach out and invite Spanish-speaking fans to take an interest in the league.

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The Cadaver

I thought I read that Radio Unica had entered into a deal with MLS to start a Spanish language MLS talk show. Don't know if that is to start soon or not.

Its a done deal. I was forcefed the broadcast. I was waiting to hear a segment about Chivas owners ect which Radio Unica kept pushing further back into their programming as they interviewed Contagulia, Don Garber and ivan Grazidis (why do i even know these names :(

On sundays Radio Unica has a one hour MLS only show and on the regular programing they now mention the MLS dubbibg it "The league of the New Milenium"

I guess you could look at it two ways. You might see it as an unwelcome "encroachment" on FMF turf and therefore (from one point of view) a bad thing.

Yes. I hear Radio Unica because of their extensive coverage of the MFL. If i wanted to know about Galaxy which i used to check up on when they had el Hackador i would tune in to the other Radio Stations..

Or, you could look at it as a legitimate effort by MLS to reach out and invite Spanish-speaking fans to take an interest in the league.

No not Spanish speaking fans. Mexicans and Mexican Americans which make up 80% of Radio Unicas audience.

12. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't quite understand your last point. I didn't mean to suggest that Mexicans or Mexican-Americans were NOT included in the Spanish-speaking soccer fans to which the MLS is reaching out. I think it is appropriate for them to do so. As the quality of the play in MLS goes up, some Mexicans or Mexican-Americans may find it attractive enough to adopt an MLS team in addition to their favorite Mexican team. No one is suggesting that you have to abandon Chivas in order to adopt LAG - perhaps there is room in your heart for both.

Interesting to me - last night at the LAG v. Burn US Open Cup game in Fullerton, there was a nice sized group of fans rooting for LAG while wearing Cruz Azul gear. At almost every game at the Rose Bowl, I see LAG fans wearing Chivas jerseys.

BTW - I think the quality of the game last night(and particularly the quality of the first three goals) was such that you might really have enjoyed the game.

13. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ruiz

Could this be what you heard?

Técnico rojo aclara postura - Prensa Libre

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    PZ

Yes, that is what i heard. The exact same words. It looks like hes pissed that Ruiz is doing so well. He was talking smack that ruiz in Guatemala was a bench player. I think the MLS should just purchase the player, i heard on the newswire that Necaxa was interested in him :eek:

15. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny. My understanding of the whole thing (my Spanish sucks BTW) is that Fish said he should play up front but the Muni coach wants him to play as a midfielder.

It would be nice if MLS would just buy him...but there's no way they would/could do that. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Fish heads back in Oct.

16. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    So Ruiz is just on loan to MLS...I just assumed that he signed with MLS since they are supposedly against loaning players.

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    PZ

That's funny. My understanding of the whole thing (my Spanish sucks BTW) is that Fish said he should play up front but the Muni coach wants him to play as a midfielder.

That is correct. I guess his shirt statement has nothing to do with this after all :D

18. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: PZ

In typical MLS fashion, the terms aren't made public. My understanding is that MLS did buy rights to Fish...just not all them. Not sure what rights are whos though.

Remember where you're from? He's not allowed to forget. ;)

19. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I like what his shirt says. Among other things, it suggests this is a kid who has his head screwed on right and is not going to let success turn him into something other than the genuine person he is. Its good advice to everyone.

20. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
  21. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For your ease of use.

"They are barking up the wrong tree. If they want a piece of "El Pescadito," they'll have to come to us." -- MLS spokesman Simon Borg, mixing metaphors nicely when asked about reports in the Spanish-language press on Necaxa approaching CD Municipal to buy Carlos Ruiz.

22. seraph

seraph New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    LA
    As is typical, we have no idea to what extent we own Ruiz's contract. It could be as good as he is ours and we have control of his contract at least til the end of the season or could be as bad as Municipal could pull him after the first game of the playoffs and sell him to Necrapsa.

We'll never know til after the fact...

If we lose Ruiz it will be a big loss. Not just the goals, but more the heart. I think Frankie Hejduk (say what you want about talent) is the last player I've seen that played with the intensity of Ruiz. It would be a terrible day.

23. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thus the joys of single entity, and league-owned player contracts. However, I would think with Victoria Street opening next year, this is not a time the league will want to shaft LAG. Rather, I would think that MLS would want LAG to be the showcase franchise next year. Big crowds at Victoria Street would be the best attraction for new Owner Investors to come into the league and build their own soccer specific stadia.

24. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't mean Rojo can't sell him. Just means that MLS can/will/should be involved in the discussions (or something like that)

25. seraph

seraph New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    LA
    There you go thinking again. Haven't you learned by now? ;)

I do agree however. The league fixed it so that San Jose would have a good team when they were being shopped, NE when their new stadium came in, Colorado, New York, etc. The league always finds a way to bend the rules to help it's pet projects. Maybe we'll get Hong Myung-bo, Beckham, Ali Daei and Palencia for next year. :)