RSL vs. The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, 5/26/12 7:00 MDT P/D/P

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, May 21, 2012.

1. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thought: After the apparent foul on Loyd, about half the FCD team stops playing and raises their arms. In fact, one FCD player (couldn't see who) might have been able to make a play on Borchers but he didn't because he was already petitioning the ref.

Bottom line: You may get the call or you may not, but never ever ever stop playing until you hear the whistle!

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, he went all out for that one to be sure. And Yordany gets in perfect position to shield the Dallas defense to ensure Ned gets to that ball.

Really, there's much to be loved about RSL players on the sequence.

And I suppose I am in the 50/50 camp - that call is fine either way. When I watch it one time, I'll see Espindola slamming into Loyd; watch it again, and I see Loyd falling over Espindola.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That whole "play until you hear the whistle" didn't work out so well for Montreal this weekend, though. :D

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ned completely sold out and... might have gotten away with a hand ball. He turns his body and leads with his arm.

As for the foul that Espy committed. Everything happened so damn fast in that sequence, and was so tightly packed in that box, that I can see how the ref missed it.

Tony got a weak ass handball called against him @ Dallas, call that one revenge.

And I agree, IBIK, Reynish is the goat on the first one too. I was yelling "own your box" at the top of my lungs before the ball pinged in.

side note: why the hell doesn't the RioT have cameras that run along the endlines? The replay they showed on TV was awful in determining if that goal should have counted or not.

5. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it might have been my angle on the play (and the neon awesomeness of Loyd's boots catching my eye), but for me it looked so obvious. In fact, after the goal I turned to KIR and said "there's no way that goal stands" or something like that. I also noticed that Johnson, who viewed it from the same angle as I did, took a long hard look at the ref before joining in the celebration. Pretty sure he thought it was going to be called back as well.

6. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ned got away with a body slam to win that air ball.
    There are seriously so many things that could have ended that play.

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quite a few players looked over to the ref
    I don't think any of them thought Borchers was on and/or a foul wasn't committed.

8. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All we did was replicate the Houston Dynamo offense of the last few years. Send in a cross, crash the box and bang into people. Not too dis-similar from their first goal IMO (and I agree, Reynish should have gathered in the cross).

The ferocity and energy we displayed is admirable. I applaud it...and our possession and fitness helped us be in a position to play so fiercely.

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the main reason i am ok with it standing is because the ref was consistently not calling the contact in the box all game long. i would have been pissed off if he were to ref the game like he did and then all of a sudden call that a foul. there was plenty of contact on both sides in the box all night long and abbey did a good job letting it play for the most part. was there a foul? yes, probably. but there are fouls every time a ball is set in. let em play.

10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly
    the first goal for Dallas had plenty of banging in the box, as well.

11. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The horse was watching the supporters groups and doesn't have an opinion on whether there was a foul or not. IMG00129-20120526-1949.jpg

BalanceUT and DrownedElf repped this.