RSL vs. Chivas USA July 9 banter [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Jul 6, 2005.

1. asflagg

asflagg Member

Sep 6, 2003
    Calisco2003 said,"Your WHOLE team was sorry, even your "stars".

The difference is that RSL fans know their team is sorry. You get one win and suddenly your team (which is still in the basement) is the best team in the league. My own team the Dallas Burn sucked for the last three years and occaisionally we would win a game. On those rare occaisions I don't recall Burn fans talking so much smack. You need to learn to be more realistic about your wins.

2. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    My team is the best team in the league now??? I said that??? You need to go back and read my posts. I started by correcting someone on one of the stats of the game. And then some RSL fans came on saying all of their excuses of why they lost, which were pretty lame. Obviously they don't know their team is sorry. And then I basically say that it is embarrassing that they have lost twice to us because I KNOW my team is still in the basement. Our ONLY 2 wins were against them. Again, EMBARRASING! Why would I say that it was embarrasing if I thought my team was "the best team in the league now" Come on buddy. Get it right. I hate to say that about Chivas but I AM a realist and I know that it is true. Frankly, the problem with the team are the Mexicans they brought from Chivas. Most of them are worthless including Ramon Ramirez. My favorite players on the team are Brad Guzan, Ezra, Matt Taylor, Antonio Martinez, Francisco Gomez and that is it. Those are mostly gringos except for Martinez and Gomez but they both have previous MLS experience. That is my opinion of the Chivas and until they bring better players from down there(because I know they will never have all players from MLS) we are going to struggle. No where in that opinion do I think we have the best team in the league right now FYI.

And by the way, if I was an RSL fan, I would hope that Chivas beat Galaxy this weekend because it wouldn't look so bad for RSL that way. If we get our arses kicked this weekend, then again, EMBARRASING for RSL that they are the only team that can't do that to us.

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Don't worry, my 2nd favorite team in the MLS is whoever is playing the Galaxy. :)

4. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Thanks for the compliment...I think. :eek:

5. asflagg

asflagg Member

Sep 6, 2003
    Don't worry man. I feel your pain. Dallas was bad for so long if we were just average this year I would have been happy.

And Calisco2003, you came across as rubbing it in. You don't think you were bragging a little bit?

6. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal

No, I don't. If anything, I was rubbing it in about how embarrasing it was for them. By no means was I rubbing it in that my team is now "the best team in the league".

7. asflagg

asflagg Member

Sep 6, 2003

Ha Ha. Thats still being an asss. Chivas fans really have no business making fun of other teams embaressments. Thats all I'm saying.