RSL vs. Chivas USA July 9 banter [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Jul 6, 2005.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normally I would automatically delete this kind of post.

But for some reason, I am feeling masochistic this morning.
    I am leaving it because we deserve it.

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just leave it so he gets the living hell out of him neg repped.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW we did beat Chivas in late May. 2-0
    Thanks!

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    That and the 2nd post by someone called "The Troller" isn't exactly a hurtful comment.

5. TheTroller

TheTroller Red Card

Jul 11, 2005
    Earth
    Yes, but you still got your arse kicked this time!

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Very astute observation.

7. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Bing...bing...ging...we have a winner! No chance that Ackwari or Kammy could cover for their deficiencies either...the two of them are adequate at best.

8. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUCH!

After a few matches of showing signs of improvement, the roof caved in on Saturday. I feared that with our defense would struggle with pretty much the second string in there and that Chivas might take out their own frustrations on us, but this one was not pleasant to watch. (At least the food at Iggy's is pretty good.) No real positives out of this one as we really got taken to the woodshed.

Hopefully when we get some starters back in the next few weeks (get well soon Rusty!) the defense can find some stability and we can get back on the path to improvement.

9. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Brilliant! I see you’ve been red carded now. Congratulations on you getting your arse kicked.

10. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    I haven't posted anything about the game the last couple of days because I really didn't want to go on a rant. So, I'll leave the summation of my feelings to Homer (Simpson, not the philosopher)...

Homer: Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!

;) :eek: :(

11. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Well put...repped.

12. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    That 3rd goal was from Martinez who was playing on the left who was the one killing you guys. Antonio Martinez, not Francisco Mendoza. Nelson Akwari couldn't do ANYTHING against Martinez. Mendoza was playing on the left more as defense. Martinez was playing left forward and should have had another goal and at least 3 assists. Martinez just got back from playing in Spain and Mexico and people confuse him and Mendoza. Taylor and Martinez were tearing it up on your defense.

13. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Thanks for that clarification...... [bitter sarcasm tag/]

14. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Congratulations... you managed to beat the worst defensive line-up we've managed to present this year (and that's saying something)...

But, you know what, go ahead and gloat - I have a feeling it might be a while before you can do it again.

15. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    What about your offense? Kreis(one of your stars), Watson...NOTHING!!!! Absolutely nothing. Really sad. It isn't like we have a KILLER DEFENSE or anything.

"you managed to beat the worst defensive line-up we've managed to present this year".....excuses, excuses, excuses. Hey, whatever makes you feel better.

16. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    No problem. Just thought you would want to know the correct stats for the game since you got it wrong. No sarcasm here.

17. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Obviously... Just like ChivasUSA the team, Chivas fansUSA haven't gotten this either - but if you don't have a defense, it doesn't matter about offense. Did you watch the game? Probably not... you only managed 8k in the stands - well done... great team pride. You guys aren't supporters... you're spectators.

Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts (till this weekend and you lose again)... this is as close as you'll come to winning a championship this year - beating Behncke and Knowles... Well done.

18. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    Akwari...one of your regular starters...looked hopeless out there. He couldn't win not even one 1v1 vs. Martinez. Kamler...nice own goal. Your whole team looked horrible! But blame it on the defense. Benchke by the way saved your arse at one point by clearing it off of your goal line. And maybe if you could have scored some goals against our defense(which every other team seems to be able to do) it could have been a hell of a lot more interesting of a game. That pathetic goal by Mathis is all your sorry team could do. Unbelievable that is was even nominated for goal of the week. That just shows how MLS chooses a lot of the goals they nominate based on your name, not your goal. But hey, it has been great beating you guys twice now. As much as I hate to say this about my team, this game was pretty embarrasing for you. We haven't been able to do anything this season and the only 2 wins we have is against RSL. But again, I know..."we had a sorry defense" blah, blah, blah. Your WHOLE team was sorry, even your "stars".

By the way, all I did was come on this thread to correct a guy who said Mendoza was killing you guys on the left side. I just wrote that it was Martinez not Mendoza who scored that 3rd goal and was running circles around Akwari. And you jump all over it. So I take it that Akwari is one of your worst defenders???????? It wasn't Benchke or Knowles, it was Akwari and Kamler's nice own goal.

19. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    win more than 2 games before you talk ******** like that please

20. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    3 more days... enjoy it. No one jumped on you meatball - just don't start to cry. Just admit it - you didn't watch the game.

21. Calisco2003

Calisco2003 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    SoCal
    So sorry about your open cup loss. Maybe next year. Maybe.

22. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Goats beat a division 2 team by one goal in overtime and he comes back to gloat? Well, enjoy cause it won't last long.

23. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, we didn't lose 5-1, but 6-4 is just as catastrophic. Our defense gives six goals up to a d2 team. Come on.........
    I suppose it's still sacreligous to start talking about Ellinger's job eh?

24. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    LAST minute of second overtime bought you 2 more days... you and your 8,000 fans should enjoy it. Really.

25. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    What else is he going to do? It's still:

Gringos.......Latinos

(I won't mention anything about Ezra Hendrikson and Matt Taylor - they can be Latinos for a day... why not.)