RSL vs. Chivas USA July 9 banter [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Jul 6, 2005.

1. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    I have to say, I love Jamie Watson. He fought Loera to the ground. That was awesome.

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well.... Although he looks like Edgar Davids, the similarities end their. DAvids is quicker, stronger, has a better first touch, is a better passer, has better field vision, and can test defenses with his shot. Fitzpatrick can't.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What is up with Taylor's Euromullet?

4. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    He has to assert his gringo-ness.

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and it's 5-1.... Terrible clearance by Knowles. ********ing disaster.

6. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    This is getting sickening.

7. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Looks like Fabregas of Arsenal. Little duck tail mullet thing. Looks like a retard.

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cuadros misses an open net to make it 6-1. If Chivas makes more of a couple of these efforts, it's 8-1 right now.

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Final Whistle, 5-1.....
    I don't know about you guys but I feel pretty good about this result [sarcasm tag/].

10. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    Well, I guess it's nice that Mathis scored, heh.

11. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I mean this in all sincerity:

I am sorry. I truly am. This results almost made me cry. I'm not kidding, either.

12. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel sorry for the Minnesota Thunder personally.

13. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Look on the bright side, Mathis scored.

14. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    that was funny. repped.

15. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    No smack talk to the Thunder.

16. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Disclaimer: What I am about to say is probably not entirely how I will feel in a day or two... or at least the taste of bile in my mouth will have gone away by then. There is no need to respond. This is purely cathartic and theraputic for me.... so, here goes.

This had to be the absolute worst game of soccer I have ever seen a team I've supported play. It actually passed through the barrier of pathos to become comedic. I could only laugh at the bush-league crap that RSL put on the field tonight. It was a frigging disaster. Unmitigated, complete, and total defensive incompetence. This should have been 8-1 for Chivas. CHIVAS for crying out loud - the 1 win (and against bloody us on a friggin' PK gift CHIVAS), 15 goals prior to this game Chivas, Matt "ex-mullet" Taylor looked like Ruud Van Nistelroy. This looked like Arsenal playing a 2A highschool team. Turd-a-licious! :mad:

May I never see this backline combination in an RSL jersey again: Akwari, Behncke, Knowles, Kamler.

Akwari looked abandoned, Kamler looked completely out of position, and the central anchor tandem of Behncke and Knowles should be playing Div III college soccer. The combination of these four guys was an abomination... blunder after blunder. How many times do I have to watch Knowles or Behncke chase their marker after he's gone past them... or sit frozen staring at the passer as he feeds the ball to the attacker running past them. Please soccer gods, have mercy on us.

17. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. Watch out in the Open Cup with your result to Chivas tonight... Ouch. Minnesota will eat you guys alive if you field this kind of performance against them. Personally I'm shocked at the result - I kept watching and telling myself this was Chivas that RSL was playing...

I never thought the absence of Pope would result in a RESULT this bad. Wow you guys need him back there directing traffic. Personally I think you need to play a style close akin to the Rapids last year defensive-defensive-defensive AND pray to God for a counter. Any other way and you'll lose and draw at best. Considering you're on pace with a whole 0.76 Goals for per match.

Here's hoping you guys keep Chivas in the basement as I still like to follow a few ex-Fire players and see how they're doing.

18. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Nothin' like watching your team give up.

Y'know what may be even worse? This'll probably inspire the team to save up and try for points against the Wizards, completely overlooking the Open Cup match in order to do so. Unless someone recovers physically between now and Wednesday, tonight's starting backline is pretty much it other than Flores and Lookingland...which means they'll probably be told to cool their jets so they won't go against a much-better-than-Chivas KC squad as tired as they otherwise would be. And I had been looking forward to the USOC for a couple months now...

I'm much calmer now than I was an hour ago, mostly due to me mooning over Heather Mitts pictures. She's a lot nicer to think about than tonight's game by far.

19. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If it was just Pope we would be more concerned...we were missing Pope, Dunseth, Pearce, and Broome...all 4 of whom are the starters...we literally had an all 2nd team D today...that's right, an expansion team playing all second stringers (yes, we can argue about Kammy and Nelson, but would you start either ahead of Pearce and Broome?)

We all knew that ReAL had no depth or team speed going into the season...therefore we had to have no injuries to compete...even with Chivas.

Congrats to Chivas...they did what they had to do, attack our weak D and not worry about our offense which was missing anyone who could beat a player 1 v 1 (Williams...)

20. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tiger can, and has, beaten up to three people at once.

21. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aside: Boy, we sure did pick just the exact right time to waive Rojas, didn't we?

22. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    and then?? ;)

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but Tiger (who at least brings some excitement to the game) has not been effective. He runs, he dribbles, he looks good...then nothing comes of it...at all. He's a poor crosser of the ball and doesn' t have good instincts in the box.

With that said...I would like to see Tiger get a start on either wing.

23. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    With Pope

17 goals/11 games: 1.54 avg

Without Pope

15 goals/6 games: 2.50 avg

24. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was out for the whole day and i just got back, i went i checked for the score and i was ********ing shocked. 5-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******** isnt kamler supposedo to be an outside back? i thought his ************ play came from playing out of position but it turns out he sucks at that too.

at least clint scored

and please, i dont want to hear ANY garbade EVER again!!! about how bencke isnt that bad. even if he wasnt directly at fault you cant tell me that his suckitude didnt have a direct impact on our defense. i dont want to say i told you so, but i told someone here that starting bencke againts chivas would be a mistake and that we'd get scored on. i'm not gonna take too much credit because it should be freaking obvious that we shouldnt start behncke, but i guess someone thought he would actually be decent. and can someone tell me why rojas was waived instead of him.
    lower paid crap is still crap, and rojas is less crappy even if he costs a little more.

25. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I thought this thread was unusually calm. ;)