RSL vs Bulls Post Game [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 15, 2006.

1. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
  2. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    BTW, hats off to the supporters groups that make the northeast corner the best seat in the house. Crazy dudes like fuegote get that thing rockin.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did you guys see Leonardo the Lion yet? :rolleyes:

4. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
  5. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    HA! Actually, Leonardo was actually not all that bad. I saw a lot of kids smile when he came out.

6. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

The RCB have moved to the South East side of the stadium. Right next to the KFC corner. The Loyalists are still in the North East section.

(big fight in the Loyalist section btw.)

7. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    He tried to grab my freaking drum! that's like trying to grab another man's...well...you know.

don't touch my instrument.

8. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    that is correct. we are in E38 and we had a blast.

9. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Hey did you see Stucki and myself on the field, just after the match? After looking at the FO Butt boy picture, I think I saw you.

10. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

This was my seat for the match......this was taken about an hour before the game started.

11. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    OK, now that my out-of-town guest is gone, I'm finally free to address Saturday night....

Let me take you back to this season's darkest moment (approx '75-'88 minutes). I was overcome with a sense of sympathy for Ellinger, certain players & the beaten fans around me. RSL had outplayed a listless RBNY, yet somehow trailed 0-1. We all knew going down 0-1 to this flacid team would be devastating....perhaps a final coup-de-gras for the coaching staff. Live witnesses to Spanish bullfights know the emotional cocktail--pity, disgust, communal guilt. The weekly progress made from week to week made this even more demoralizing. Despite RSL's upward trajectory, an 0-3-0 start is simply indefensible. Even the most deluded among us would surely agree.

Then '89... Corner. Kreis. Rebirth. Life. Resurrection. Rapture.

For me (& hopefully you also), the feelings of redemption & eurphoria were short lived. The final whistle was like an icewater bucket. Our near miss began to sink in. This one badly-needed point was very nearly squandered...and to a sorry RBNY team that eerily resembled "RSL circa Week 1". I angered at the foolish triumphalism that inevitiably would pervade post game comments, morning papers & the internet boards. Point or no point, RSL has a lot to answer for today.

Some disturbing issues have already been discussed herein. Most have not. I intend to correct that. First some housekeeping...

My assessments:
    5 Scott Garlick
    4 Carey Talley (off at '71)
    4 Daniel Torres
    4 Andy Williams
    6 Mehdi Ballouchy (off at '64)
    3 Chris Brown (off at '81)
    5 Kenny Cutler
    7 Chris Klein
    5 Eddie Pope
    6 Douglas Sequeira
    5 Jeff Cunningham

Substitutes
    3 Nelson Akwari (on at '71)
    6 Jason Kreis (on at '64)
    5 Ryan Johnson (on at '81) ​

Unresolved Issues (to be discussed elsewhere)
    • Lineup decisions, unused players & suspensions
    • Incompetence of RSL's back defense
    • Inability to finish during run of play
    • New injuries (fortunately not related to JK's self-indulgent, stupid backflips)
    • Allegations of on-pitch racism

12. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    He said send him back to clinic, or medicine, or something to that effect.

But seriously, racism by who against whom, when, where, why, how, huh?

--Geoff
    -----------------------
    REGULATORS! Mount up!
    Send him to Provostan hospital!

13. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Leonardo the Lion?

thats quite sexy.

14. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    Gayvera said something to Williams.

15. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    allegedly

16. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey, It's Andy mon!

I am posting some pics from after the match, for those who couldn't make it.

[​IMG]

Sequira

[​IMG]

Photo's are a little grainy.....oh well you get the point! We have a lot of nice players on our side.

As for RBNY, Meola is class. All the way. He hung out at the autograph sessions for quite some time.

Edit: I feel bad that Meola is on a team like the Bulls.....he deserves better team mates.

17. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Class? Yea, was that before or after he got into a little fight with one of our fans? Asshat.

18. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Pardon? Please enlighten me.

19. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I was standing around after the game and some fan was being an ass, I will admit, and said something to him (I didn't quite hear) and Meola got in his face about it. I don't remember exactly what was said, but it got pretty heated.

20. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Like you said, some asshole fan. :rolleyes:

21. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    I wish I could go back to Saturday night, I would like to congratulate Meola on a great game. We gave him hell for the second 45 and I wanted to show him some respect. He kept that game from being 4-1.

22. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    IMO the players need to just deal with it. Yes the guy was being an ass, but Meola could have just kept walking instead of getting in his face. Who knows where that could have led if the right buttons were pushed.

23. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, and you don't know what was said.

Meola is a great guy.

24. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    All I know is Meola played one hell of an intelligent match. He proved me and many others wrong--granted our finishing was ineffectual. Scott Garlique would be wise to study how Meola overcomes old age with intelligence.

25. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Some encouraging news about Garlick. When Meola was asked about the match, he said that, and I loosely quote: "Garlick had one of the best games that I've seen him play in years, which is good for them."

Coming from Tony, that's a pretty nice compliment.