RSL vs Bulls Post Game [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 15, 2006.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 tie for RSL. RSL should have won this game by a lot. too many blown opportunities, like all those corners. 12 corners and nothing to show for them.

hell of a goal by kreis, can we expect to stuff GOTW poll again? :D

i dont know what to say about ellinger, this probably bought him more time but im not sure im too happy about that. we need to work on our finishing, it was poopy tonight.

2. ReAl Football Fan

May 2, 2005
    Ogden, Ut
    It seems we are at least improving but why can't we finish!?! We had many opportunities that should have translated into a goal or 2 but for some reason we can't seem to get them in. I was pleased many times with the ball movement and with our over all play. I did see though a couple of times when we won the ball in our defensive end and then suddenly the cows had it--what is going on? I think it helped that the cows are not that goodm, but still we are getting better. I'm not sure we need to bring in Akwari anymore unless he can move a little more next time. I'm very frustrated that we didn't get the win, but happy that we seem to be improving.

3. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    attendance for the game: 16,132. hmmm i wonder if all the stadium crap has put a little mark on the team. surely expected more than this for the home opener. im sure the losing isnt helping the cause for support. weather didnt seem too bad for the game. 60+ degrees and it wasnt raining or anything.

we should have won this game, damnit. its games like these that the team needs to win to get some support for the community. having to come back from 1 down after dominating a game just to tie it isnt going to help. fans arent going to be happy with these performances. it was exciting at times but RSL needs to get these games and the points.

williams pissed me off tonight. his passing wasnt that good, he blew 2 or 3 clear opportunities to score including that one on one with meola, WHY DIDNT YOU CHIP HIM YOU IDIOT. a 10 year old girl could have put that away, one time it low near or far post, not that hard.

i have to say that the field completely changed the game. if anything, that field makes it painfully obvious that we need a SSS. the ball was skipping, bouncing and racing away from players all game. they werent able to adjust to it and it probably prevented a goal or two. also, why didnt they paint over the lines like last year? i hate hate hate looking at those lines.

4. Scadzz

Scadzz Member

Apr 2, 2006
    f=956
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ramblings

We need 3 points, but one is better than none.

Kreis (Superstar) is well...a stud. Nice assist Klein. How did you not score on that last shot?

Should Kreis (Superstar) be doing flip stuff with his knee problems?

Effort was better than both F*C* Dallas and the Cheetos combined (not that the Cheetos tallied more than 0 effort)

If we are going to create that many corners we need to practice what to do with them once we get them. I don't know that I did Williams taking every so many and was gald to see Klein finally take a turn in the 2nd half.

Brown just doesn't cut it on that back line. I rarely heard his name or saw his mug, but when I did it wasn't ever a positive.

Speaking of backline, much better overall effort.

Garlick...hmm...that goal in the 78th could have (should have) been prevented. But did have some good moments. Scared me plenty too. On the other hand Meola is still a stud...dang it.

I left the computer for a second and soon after I heard a loud horn...immediatley figured I missed a goal...nope...just another Tornado Warning. Welcome to Iowa.

Red Bulls spend millions and millions to make the Metrosexuals the uppidity of the MLS and couldn't pay a dude $5 to make a better jersey than that?

Have any of the coaches considered explaining the offsides rule to our players? Do they play FIFA '06 with that rule turned off or something and forget about it come game time?

We NEED points! I was praying for a TIE...in a home game...we shouldn't ever want a tie in a home game.

I want to be dissatisyfied, but I'm not...they played hard.

RBNY's coach looks like he is already dressed to go clubin' after the game. Did he forget he's in SLC?

I no longer get excited when Williams is wide open with the ball...just doesn't mean much.

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup. agree on all points, especially this last one. before i would be interested to see what williams is going to do with the ball and space, now i expect him to either dribble dribble dribble to no where and cough up the ball or make a lame pass which will end up in the opponents possession. he blew way to many opportunities tonight. and he still walks around and ball watches which drives me nuts.

i was very impressed with klein tonight, he was a meola fat shoulder away from having that goal at the end. the place would have exploded if he made that, unfortunate. his corners were light years ahead of williams and his crossing was pretty good.

akwari, dont ever set foot on the field again, your slow as all hell.

kreis, great goal, great contribution in the time you were allotted, hope to see you in the starting lineup soon and williams off the bench.

ballouchy looked good, real good. why was he taken off instead of williams? another thing that makes me question coach e

the backline was solid with only 1 or 2 miscues, unfortunatly lead to the bulls goal, unlucky deflection off garlick.

cunningham had some nice runs, just needs to get a little more involved, that comes from the midfield though

overall our possession and passing was ALOT better tonight. for the first time i was impressed with our strings of passing. also, the pressure was very good and obviously took RBNY out of there game a ton. hopefully they keep that up.

the finishing has got toget better.

6. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I thought they played well... one defensive lapse gives two wide open RBNY players an open look at the goal and they score.

Frankly, I thought RSL played very well otherwise. If they can keep playing like this they will be fine. They did well off the ball, the passed well, they PRESSED well in the midfield - did a very good job of getting to the ball in the midfield.

Each game has been an improvement in play, effort, and result. YES, they should have won, but they showed heart to get the equalizer after giving up the soft goal.

7. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Awesome match.

I'll have my photo's up soon.

8. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    Had to catch this on a monitor and a bad connection so it wasn't the best way to judge but it looked like our best performance of the young season from what I saw. Not that that is saying a whole lot, but it does mean improvement.

How sweet it is to see Kreis score. I think the fightback showed a little something tonight, hope it lasts longer than the twenty or so mins after NY scored. I was actually starting to wonder if maybe 0-3 and only 16,000 fans (sorry to see that, I couldn't get a good read from my feed because the crowd looked intense but patchy in places) in the stadium would have really put the pressure on Ellinger, but I guess the first point of the year keeps the dogs at arms length for at least a week.

One point from three games isn't much, though, and we have our work cut out from us next week. Houston in Houston after last year's SS winners drop two tough ones in a row.

9. knowwonnose

knowwonnose New Member

May 19, 2005
    Newtown, PA, USA
    Kries is an all out superstar hero. Keep him coming off the bench all year if we need.

Williams hussled (offensively) a lot. Had some bad luck getting the ball in the net.

Playing soccer on turf is like pros playing baseball with aluminum bats. Everything goes much further and faster than it should. We need a very fast team. Trade for speed in the defense.

Our defense look good. I few near mistakes in the first half didn't cost anything. Once Talley and Mendhi were off, things changed. Counting on Williams for d-support just doesn't work. Akwari looked scared.

Cunny had a great chance. Too bad the keeper was up for the challenge.

In my oppinion Mehdi kicked butt on Wynne. It was fun watching them go at it all night. Mehdi has a real nice touch and is perfect for turf. I like him playing on the left.

Klein is going to continue to grow into his role as team leader. He is one heck of a player.

The announcers on DK (for NY) did a fair job; were high on RSL's potential; sounded really stupid at the end of the game. The made a big deal of the gathering at the middle of the field, led by Klien. "I don't know what they could be protesting, but their still discussing the last sequence." Interestly, nobody was talking. It was a prayer gathering amoung both team's players.

We are going to see some great wins before long. Go RSL.

10. knowwonnose

knowwonnose New Member

May 19, 2005
    Newtown, PA, USA
    Edit:
    Sorry. I'm not sure most youth teams would call that a jersey. I know my 10-year-old daughter had a nicer second jersey than that with the German-Hungarian club.

11. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Team played well, we got a point. For the first time in weeks, we were the team that had the better chances. If we keep playing like this, the wins will come.

12. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, it was nice to see them taking some shots. We had far more opportunities this game than we've had in as long as I can remember. A sinister combination of mistakes, bad luck, and Tony Meola kept us from picking up three points last night.

I felt like we did a pretty good job shutting down Jerkoff. Guevara's goal was nothing short of disastrous, but what a beautiful header by JK! Still, this should have been a lopsided victory for us - there's no place like home, after all! Man, we went wild when JK put that ball in the back of the net!!

13. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    OK - don't mean to be a kill joy. The match was certainly lightyears ahead of where we were in the first two matches, and I'm thrilled about that at least. BUT, they are still performing well below standard MLS quality. Quite frankly, that match yesterday was sloppy by RSL. The first touch wasn't there, the finishing touch wasn' t there, the ball movement wasn't there, the creativity wasn't there.... The only thing worse was the Red Bull team. Now, I'm going to say again, good to see the partial result and the hard work, but it was uninspiring soccer. There's a long way to go.

14. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think this game was one of the best games played by RSL that I have been able to watch. Wow i liked there character. So now we are working to something better...saw a stronger character than the game against FCD. I liked also the play flow from midfield to strikers.

Klein: missed in the end but he has added SOOO much offensively

Williams: useless, no wonder this lazy jamaican has been traded like 9 times in 10 years.

Klein: impact player

Akwari: goal is his fault, his defending reminded me of the gaps last season, this guy plain sucks.

15. nessie

nessie New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Asleep
    I feel hungover from last night. And I haven't had any alcohol in a month.

16. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm hungover from yesterday as well. No I didn't have anything to drink, I think I was drunk on MLS fever! .....okay, duh.

Also, the tension in the RBNY locker room was extremely thick........Djorkaeff and Guevara wanted nothing to do with anybody. Coach Mo Johnston is awesome though. He kept telling his guys to keep their heads up. One hell of a nice guy.

Anybody catch the post game interview with Mo on MSG? My hand is in that shot! :D

17. niltol_21

niltol_21 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Williams: useless, no wonder this lazy jamaican has been traded like 9 times in 10 years.

Klein: impact player

Akwari: goal is his fault, his defending reminded me of the gaps last season, this guy plain sucks.[/QUOTE]

I thought i was the only 1 who thought williams was lazy. Akwari is not mls caliber. Did any 1 see Cabrera. whats the deal ? This guy needs to play!!!!

18. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone else that I haven't heard discussed much--Sequiera! He was really giving his all last night. I was very impressed.

Somebody mentioned Ballouchy going one on one with Wynne. I actually had the opposite impression--Mehdi seemed to be constantly getting beat by him. Wynne would just kind of run around him and be gone within about a second. But Mehdi was very impressive, that aside. I'm happy he's on the team. I'd just prefer to have him AND Wynne... :)

Fun game. Let's see how they do on enemy turf next week.

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yet another missed match because of this stupid bathroom project... Uggg... Sonds like things went better. What a disaster it would of been had Kreis not equalized..... So when do we get our first win?

20. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Got the runs?

21. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess I'm not the only one that places blame for Guevara's goal largely in Akwari's court? The defensive line seemed to visibly melt when he came in for Talley, and the Pink Cows knew it - continually applying pressure in his position until finally punching through barely five minutes after that substitution. Why Akwari, and where's Cabrera? Isn't Akwari part of the mustache club? I'd much rather have Cabrera's lovely locks on the pitch. ;)

On the other hand, it seemed that goal gave our side a sense of real urgency that didn't exist until then. Part of me wonders if Guevara hadn't gotten his goal, if our side would simply have settled for a 0-0 draw.

Still, I felt we were more dangerous offensively than they were. Hats off to Meola - he truly salvaged the result for the Cows.

22. knowwonnose

knowwonnose New Member

May 19, 2005
    Newtown, PA, USA
    I think the defensive meltdown was part removal of Talley and part moving Williams back to a more defensively responsible left-mid possition. Obviously, Akwari was the one burned on the goal. He had more problems that that after that too.

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun game to watch and I probably woke up the whole family with Kreis's goal and Klein's "almost" winner at the end. Did RES explode when Klein missed it?

Better than last week. We can at least say that the performance has improved from Week #1 til now. I think we need to see more Kreis and Johnson and less Talley. Garlick had one awesome save!

24. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    *****HOME OPENER*****​

I didn't like:
    *The goal Akwari was responsible for giving up.
    *The bleepity bleepin' line-up. (The announcers on the Madison Square Garden channel were ripping on the fact that Williams was playing forward).

I did like:
    *How loud the stadium was (Re-watching the game, I notice that the MSG channel announcers were commenting on it too)
    *The aggressive attacking and shots on goal.
    * Losing my voice again
    * Being reminded why I love this team.

25. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake