RSL picks up Gregorio

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by BuffloSoldier, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    That jackass better be back in MLS. He was the best offensive player at the 2004 MLS combine. I doubt dicking around with Darlington has done him jack.

2. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope he's worth a permanent YI slot and a first round pick.
    ah i see he's one of ellingers boys. at least that means he has a starting spot guaranteed, :p i, wonder if he's the mystery man from practice.

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    A first round 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft pick, which really means the 5th round of the draft.

4. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The deal was for a 1st round Supplemental pick (equivalent of a 5th round pick) plus a YI spot. Not a bad deal assuming that he actually plays for RSL as he probably would have been drafted in the 1st round of the Superdraft last year if teams were not leery of his interest in playing in Europe. It still seems as if RSL needs a forward more than a defender (Broome) and a midfielder (Gregorio).

5. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah ok thanks for clarifying.

6. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have forwards. We have Kreis, Watson, Mathis, Dipsy, Washington, and Brown. What we don't really have are guys who can consistently serve good balls to those forwards. A forward isn't worth much without good service behind him.

We needed a defender/Broome because Pope'll be gone for a month starting now and the rest of our backline is guys that are injured (Dunseth and Pierce), inexperienced (Knowles), converted from another position (Kamler), prone to suspensions (Akwari), and Behncke (Behncke). I'd like a little more than that, please.

We needed a midfielder because, to be frank, no one's stepped up to be our a-mid. Kreis is better up top. Andy and Mathis can work the wings if needed. Really, we have two basically decent d-mids in Cutler and Kamler. Every other position forward of that is consisted of guys that can be shuffled to almost any given position on the attacking half. No one's stepped up to be our a-mid, and we certainly don't have two for a 3-5-2 like what we tried against San Jose.

The way I feel is that to complain about this team's forwards is like complaining that the TV is broken when the socket has burned out. It ain't the TV's fault that it ain't gettin' juice...

7. pappa

pappa New Member

May 4, 2005
    Gregorio would be a good signing

wheres he been playing??

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  11. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully soon. He would be a good pick up for RSL.

12. Blue Eyed Soul

Blue Eyed Soul New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Gilbert, AZ USA
    He scored key goals last season for the Quakers and they definitely wanted him back. He's out of UCLA, and having a quality midfielder who can find Kreis will be a real pick-up. His experience in Darlo, by the way, was not a waste of time. He was a walk-on essentially at Darlo, and was given a month-long contract, which was renewed mid-season by the club, and they finished out of the playoffs on goal-differential. His background is Brazilian. I'd assume that playing in MLS will put him on BA's radar, which is why he came back.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ellinger said on the radio this week that Gregorio was coming (this week).
    Cross those fingers and toes.