RSL Front Office vs Supporters: Soccer Match?

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by SoccerPrime, Jul 16, 2011.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Sons of Ben supporters club in Philly took on the Front Office and staff for a charity event they called the River Cup. Yes, the GM/Prez Sakiewicz, head coach Peter Nowak and others in the staff took on the fans in a game played in their PPL Park stadium. And all the money raised for the even went to charity.

read more:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/125678258.html

Do you think that could work for RSL? Sounds like fun.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd prefer our RSL supporters v cRapid supporters game get moved to the RioT (and the Dick), personally.

But this would be an interesting idea given the drastic differences in types of people within our supporter groups

3. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For years I've been suggesting a media vs. front office game, and you know what? Those candy-asses have refused to play us! If the FO won't take on a bunch of pot-bellied, window-licking reporters, no way they'll cross blades with a the supporter's groups, who I have no doubt are better at soccer than the media (seriously).

Maybe we cut off the FO and have a media vs. supporter's groups game. Oh wait, that's essentially what the Gravy Cup (on Thanksgiving Day) is.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but is the Gravy Cup at Rio? Now that would be cool.

5. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but neither would a match involving any combination of the FO, SG's, and media. That idea was struck down before I even completed the sentence.

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was the point of me bringing this up. Philly did it ghetto Chester. Surely, RSL can pull something off in Sandy.