RSL 2020 Games 3-5: MLS Is Back Tournament incl. Knockouts, PBP

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just dropping this back into the conversation. [emoji850][emoji24]

2. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    This is a poorly coached team.

3. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In March 2021? Sure, why not.

4. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    That will come with a lengthy extension. You don’t disrespect the ref like that.

Sad to say it but Kyle looks done.

SJ is a fun team to watch but if they’re just expecting to put score teams that’s not a recipe that really works in MLS unless you really have talent. Don’t think they do.

acima repped this.
  5. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    More pissed than I thought I would be.

6. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    sigh.

7. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Did he? What happened there?

8. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unpopular opinion? Fun game to watch. The team had spunk and fought well until the first red card. Things just unraveled after that, but the rest of the game at least had heart.

Paleworm repped this.
  9. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I really, really, really, hope that 15 watched this game.

10. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The moment I realized that I actually know literally nothing about soccer: watching 15 get drunk off his ass in Colorado and then put together coherent and insightful comments on BS afterward. I didn't think the dude could even see straight, but he saw the game more clearly than I ever will.

goobx1 repped this.
  11. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I can see that. I thought they were on the way to making 3-3 and maybe stealing the win but alas...

I would say that I think that RSL being in this game had more to do with SJ than RSL, maybe? That second goal from Kreilach was just poor defending a la Marcelo earlier.

There is some things to be positive about with RSL on an individual basis. There doesn't seem to be any real idea what they want to do to score other than poke and hope. SJ is exactly the opposite. They definitely have an offensive philosophy and play so well together creating chance after chance.

RSL not so much. Their philosophy in scoring goals is quite honestly offensive. To soccer.

Too much one on one play trying to create on their own.

12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the rain game, right? I had confetti stuck in places we shall not talk about for weeks

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  13. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A classic.

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did... until Silva got sent off. Then my son asked if we could watch lego batman and that sounded a whole hell of a lot better than watching RSL continue to shit the bed

Ironically, the best RSL played in this entire tournament was between goals 2 and 3 for san jose

RoyalNonesuch, RSLer and goobx1 repped this.
  15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy has been an assistant under Cassar and Petke. That we would think he would somehow have a different idea than those two guys, in any significant manner, should say how stupid we are as fans and how stupid the front office is

JLaw, acima and rslfanboy repped this.
  16. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    So now what? More bubbles?

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would pay to watch your team instead of mine. you guys have a fun as hell identity and execute. Do you have all the pieces to pull it off over a season? TBD. But a tournament? Hell yeah.

Espinoza made Toia look like he wanted to retire at halftime. Best of luck the rest of the way. I hope you guys make Porter and cBus cry

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll do my full 15 tomorrow, but one thing I have to say about Freddy and this team in the tournament: we showed a completely different look in each of the 4 games. that is not meant as a compliment. I have less of an idea of how this team wants to play soccer, or will score goals, or will stop the other team from scoring goals, than before the tournament started. The players look lost once they cross midfield offensively and on defense we pray a lot of individuals will make plays instead of shutting things down as a unit.

As was said earlier, this team is not coached well. They do not have a cohesive idea to save their lives. Freddy's comments during the first half were so filled with coach speak and not actual soccer ideas that I wanted to pull my hair out. The question was how do you stop Espinoza and your response is to stop turning the ball over and be better in the middle? Gee, what a solid idea. Maybe stop having Toia have to defend the guy 1v1 so damn much and adjust your shit show of a midfield

RoyalNonesuch, DrownedElf and goobx1 repped this.
  19. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Well, the Athletic story over the weekend has the resumption of regular season start 11 days after MiB final, so the next time we see RSL in action could be somewhere around Aug 22nd.

goobx1 repped this.
  20. boris9678

boris9678 Member+

RSL
    United States
    Apr 30, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    There should be certain adjustments and plans to meet the needs for each game/team but those are adjustments to an overall identity or strategy. Instead, RSL seems to try to change their whole identity to match the perceived needs of each game. Without knowing their opponent it's hard to predict what they are going to try to do. Beckerman is done. McMath may not be the answer.

15 to 32, acima and goobx1 repped this.
  21. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Still pissed about the subs or lack there of by Freddy.

How the hell do you leave two ********ing subs to waste in game like that in the Florida heat?

Freddy sucks

22. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to score more goals than the other team. I look forward to being the next head coach of RSL.

15 to 32 and goobx1 repped this.
  23. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I look forward to roasting you alive on BS. [emoji8]

goobx1 and DrownedElf repped this.
  24. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Ball didn’t go in the net.

Paleworm repped this.
  25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This aged poorly. All in stoppage time, too.

15 to 32 and Lizzie Bee repped this.