Royals Fans: How Royal are they?

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by mschofield, Jul 29, 2002.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm posting because there should be a Reading thread this year.
    Must say, I'm worried about the Reading team this season. Are they really going into the season without a single addition? Not even insurance at Keeper? I'd think we're okay up front, but what about in the back? Especially with injuries?
    Is Pards happy with the squad, I mean when he speaks to someone besides the team website. What are our prospects of staying up? I know last yea'rs squad liked to say they were more suited to a higher division than D2, but is there no money available? Is Majeski making broke? I wouldn't rate our chances too high with an unchanged roster. Tell me I'm wrong.
    No info here, just questions. Come on you Rs, help me out.

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Game one answered my own question. We got nothing.

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Derby are a good side though, one of the best we'll face this season - and they still had the higher division sharpness about them that newly relegated sides have. Reading were decent until half time, after which we just seemed to completely concede the midfield battle and give up. All today really proved was that Reading won't be among the promotion contenders this season, but few expected that anyway. I reckon that John Madejski, having already forked out a fortune over the past few years, is waiting to see if we really need new players before going out and signing any.