Royal League Matchday 1

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Captain Splarg, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    November 11:

Group 1
    Esbjerg - Vålerenga
    Rosenborg - Djurgården

Group 2
    Brøndby - Tromsø
    Göteborg - FC København

Group 3
    Brann - Halmstad
    Malmö - Odense

2. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and the first goal in the Royal League is scored by Brann's Charlie Miller

3. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Rosenborg - Djurgården 20:30
    Brøndby - Tromsø 1-2
    Esbjerg - Vålerenga 0-1
    Brann - Halmstad 1-0

3 out of 3 Norwegian teams in the lead at half-time.

Miller is my GOD, and Brann is my RELIGION!

4. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Rosenborg - DIF 20:30
    Esbjerg - Vålerenga 0 -1
    Brøndby - Tromsø 2 -2
    Brann - Halmstad 1 -0

http://www.vg.no/live

5. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Finished:
    Brann - Halmstad 1 - 0
    Brøndby - Tromsø 3 - 2
    Esbjerg - Vålerenga 0 -1

6. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Great performance by Miller. Killer goal!

If Rosenborg beats, Djurgården, wich they really should, its been a good start for the Norwegian clubs.

Brøndby barely walked away with a victory over Tromsø, after being down at half-time.

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final:

Malmö 2-0 Odense

8. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    RBK - DIF 2 - 2
    Half time..
    Rosenborg the leading team, but a keeper miss and some troubles in the back line secured DIF 2, kind of, undeserved goals...

9. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    You don't deserve goals, you score them.

10. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well..Concidering RBK's goalie scored one of those goals, and it was definetly his fault the second one..Then that's "undeserved" goals in a RBK-fan eyes..

Final Score:
    RBK - DIF 4 - 4
    Brattbakk (RBK) missed one penalty, and E.Johnsen let in some easy fcuking goals... The defence (RBK) was horrible, but the attack was brilliant!!
    RBK missed like 100 opportunities, and was like inches away from winning.. Several times...
    Fcuking bad result!!

11. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, I can see that a Rosenborg fan would be disappointed. But the game is about scoring goals, not about having possesion, a nice passing play or a lot of opportunities. In the last 30 minutes of the game (swedish TV had IFK Göteborg vs FCK as the main event) Rosenborg displayed an impressing inefficience in front of goal, including the missed penalty. Nonetheless, I found it a great game to watch, the more since the 90 minutes I spent watching IFK-FCK had been a real waste of time.

12. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well..there was enough goals!! But this "loss" I seriously partly blame E.Johnsen and the defence for.. (Even though it's not an easy job for the 4 in the back line, when 2 of the regular defenders is injured!) And it's of course the whole team to "blame" if we don't win... But, those goals were just too easy!!

Actually, I would say that possesion and a nice play is quite importan too.. Even though scoring goals is the most importan.. Goals often come from good play, so...

13. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    4-4 lmao

savan: Blaim it on bad defending. Djurgården took their chances, and got
    away with it. I wouldn't call it undeserved, cos fotball is all about scoring
    goals and letting in less. Even tho Rosenborg were by far the strongest
    team, Djurgården deservedly got away with 1 point.

14. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way i'm looking at it now is 2 points dropped for DIF. No excuse in turning a 4-3 lead into 4-4 in injury time.

I'll take a point, but it could have been 3. I'm glad to see DIF not give up after being behind twice in the match away from home.

15. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If you look at it that way, it's surely two points lost for RBK, being 2-0 up
    gone 17 minutes. They should've tied up the sack already then, but they
    were far to arrogant in defense, plus Johnsen GAVE Djurgården two goals.
    Personally I think the way DIF put all their players in the 5 meter box on the
    two corners where they scored, were insanly lame, and shouldn't be allowed.

Anyway, Brann won and I'm happy :)

Except for number 11 with Brann, Ystaas. He shouldn't be allowed to play, he
    wastes to many chances.

http://www.vg.no/video/

Videos from the four "Norwegian" matches. Check them out.

16. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Some video highlights from yester days games :

The ball possession said 72% v 28% in favor of Brøndby after 55 minutes played... However, Tromsø got some good counter attacks which is only natural when the opponent is pushing so much forward as Brøndby did... I would say Tromsø reminded very much of Viborg in the Danish league, good solid teamwork and tactical diciplin, fighting for every meter of the pitch, spiced up with some very quick and direct counter attacking... But I think you will find that Brøndby will do better in their away games when they get a bit more space to work on against more offencive minded opponents (just like the Danish NT )...

Brøndby v Tromsø 3-2
    http://www.dr.dk/player/Player.asp?subsite=nyheder&WMPVer=9.0.0.2980&id=138656&name=&video=&#
    ----

Vålerenga came of as being very physical, and like Tromsø also relying on solid teamwork and tactical diciplin, but unlike Tromsø also very offencive minded, with a few stars like Iversen and dos Santos (hitting the Esbjerg post twice), so surely a much better football team than Tromsø. But player for player not better than Esbjerg, when they had their self-confidence and were sharper at passing and finishing... A deserved win for Vålerenga though. Except for Berglund and and Jan kristiansen doing their best, then Esbjerg are still in crisis not plaing well as a team....

Esbjerg v Vålerenga IF 0-1
    http://www.dr.dk/player/Player.asp?subsite=nyheder&WMPVer=9.0.0.2980&id=138684&name=&video=&#
    ----

As expected ther were not all that much difference between the RL teams when the games was settled, though I did notice that both OB and FCK actually dominated and had most ballpossession in their away games in Sweden, (9 vs. 0 in corner kicks to OB !) but also didnt look sharp enough yesteday. The surprise of the day was surely Djurgården, getting a fantastic 4-4 away draw, almost beating Rosenborg in a very entertaining match.

Malmö FF v OB Odense 2-0
    http://www.dr.dk/player/Player.asp?subsite=nyheder&WMPVer=9.0.0.2980&id=138711&name=&video=&#
    ----

IFK Göteborg v FC København 0-1
    http://www.dr.dk/player/Player.asp?subsite=nyheder&WMPVer=9.0.0.2980&id=138637&name=&video=&#
    ----

17. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    omg..

You are hopeless.

18. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Even so, Rosenborg was by far the best team.. And in the next matches, they hopefully will have thought E. Johnsen how to STAY ON THE FCUKING LINE... :rolleyes:

19. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Totally...

Better players? Vålerenga have an entire national team out there... VIF have by FAR a better team if you compared to esbjerg...

20. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I won't even bother to debate it. Ceres can live blissfully in his ignorance, I
    don't care anymore.

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Vålerenga were better as a TEAM yesterday, since Esbjerg have had a crisis for some time now and is only 8th in the Danish league not playing well at all, but if you look at the video highlights you will notice that they actually produced some huge chances against Vålerenga, especially by the internationals Fredrik Berglund and Jan kristiansen despite Esbjerg not playing as well as a TEAM in compare with last season.... An Esbjerg TEAM in top shape would not have lost the game yesterday 0-1 to a team like Vålerenga, I'm quite sure of that...

22. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well, you have no clue then ceres.

23. daily9

daily9 New Member

Nov 12, 2004
    This is my first year watching scandanavian fotbal and I have to say I am quite impressed. VIF form as of late has been the best in Norway, and I hope they continue to make head way. If Rosenberg do not add a few more players VIF and Brann I think may give them a run for there money as the top team in Norway next year.

I think Malmo are my favorites but then again this is just my first year watching Scandanavian fotbal

24. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    Scandinavian football is better then many people realises, we have many quality players, but because of other leagues stronger economy, we tend to lose our best players on a regular basis. Malmö FF is one of the bigger teams in Scandinavia, they are together with IFK Gothenburg Swedens most successful team, with a runners up spot in the European Cup final in the 70ths(old champions league)¨.

I hope you do not regard Fredrik Berglund as a international team player for Sweden, he is not a regular squadmember. He might be going to Scotland in the swedish squad, but the reason for this is that Zlatan, Henrik, Ljungberg plus a few more from the "first team" are rested from this friendly.

25. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    What happened 30 years ago, really isn't that much to brag about.. European football has changed alot in that period of time...
    Even scandinavian football ---> Rosenborg is in these days the most succesfull team in scandinavia..
    But you where talking about only swedish football, so...