Royal League 2. and 3. round

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by junkmastaflex, Dec 2, 2004.

1. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Again..
    He?

2. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    that was to bruiser, not you

3. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Well.. That wasn't the easiest one to figure out, concidering you were quoting my post...
    But, anyway, :)

4. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Let's make thing straight, i have no problem with Rosenborg (great team) nor do i have a problem with you.

I have a problem with Bruiser and his stupid claims that tippeligan is the almighty league of northern Europe and that everybody else sucks

5. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    It's late ;)

6. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Hehe.. Chill! ;)
    All I tried to state was that I'm no 'he'!

7. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Again:

Norway: 20 points
    Sweden: 11 points
    Denmark: 8 points

And this is a valid tournament where everyone plays with their best and fit players and taking the tournament seriously. Not some meaningless trainingmatch played last year.
    Seriously, you sound like this little whiny brat who's so embarrassed by his teams performance that you can't do anything else than to try to piss off the supporters of the teams that beat them, by making ignorant statements and trying to base quality on trainingmatches played ages ago.

It's really sad.

I will not take further part in this pointless discussion with you, and i really doubt that anyone else with a grown up point of view on football will either.

8. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Oh please, take a look in a mirror if you will. And there's plenty of other people that has posted the same thing as I have, they're sick and tired of your biased ignorant discussions which often end up with you loosing and turn to insults.

And like Iv'e said, RL means nothing!

Argentina got kicked out of WC 2002 in the first stage, so did Spain etc.
    Holland didn't even qualify....doesn't make them sh**ty teams!

Please get beyond your own low selfesteme and urge for self gradification by making biased statments with no backing up.

9. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I've got five + reps and only one - rep, given to me by a newb. I'm quite sure ppl approve of me.

You know absolutely nothing. It means everything to the clubs. I would quote them on it, but you're not worth the hassle.

I sleep comfty in my bed knowing my team is superior to the best swedish team, so my self-esteem is quite good thank you.

Now im going to bed. toodle-oo

10. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Do it! that's what having a discussion is all about, otherwise you forfeit

In one thread, looked quickly through it i found 2 that said the same thing as me, thunderztorm and ceres.

If you're self-esteem revolves around football i suggest to you that you really should get a life.
    Or you have a way to huge Ego, either way you're way off

Edit: One more, Jombajomba....and I can't find anybody else getting the same comments that you get.

11. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    What?

12. Orange

Orange New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    This is the Scandinavian Champions League, with the four best teams from each of the leagues last season. Whoever does best, will be the best.

The matches are official, the tournament is hosted by the national football associations of the three countries, just about all the matches are sent on TV (either a national channel or a Canal Digital cable channel), of course there is money involved. Do I need to go on? This is it, this is the chance for the leagues and the club teams to prove themselves.

The only other measure is the UEFA cup and the Champions League (and the Champions League qualifiers), if you want to see which league is the best. The UEFA ranking is based on the results in the European cups, so that's where to look if you prefer that over the Royal League.

13. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    First of all, it's the Scandinavian intertoto cup....it's there but nobody cares.

The games are aired in Sweden by the crappiest station that posibly could air football! Niether SVT or TV3/Viasat sport would air it.

They had trouble finding sponsors....And RL is mainly financed by norwegian corporations and money.

The Norwegian has put a high value on the status of RL, this led by VG which is one of the main sponsors in RL while the Swedish media for example has totally ignored it and called it a stupid idea....I have many articles to back this up. Even the main Sports Collumist for the Swedish sponsor "Sportbladet" has called it a bad idea.

And as for the best league, like i've said....one team (Rosenborg) doesn't qualify a whole league to be the best there is.

Swedish:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,557560,00.html

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,541624,00.html

Danish Opinions (Norwegian Article)

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=229361

Norwegian Article about Elitserien:

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=251450

Djurgårdens attitude towards RL

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=252821

"FCK-trener Hans Backe kaller Royal League for en «katastrofeturnering». "

"Jeg gleder meg ikke jeg, heller, men vi får vente med å dømme, sier Malmös gullhelt, Jon Inge Høiland. "

Frode Johnsens attiude towards RL

http://www.ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=264799

"- Jeg har ikke lyst til at spille, siger Tobias Grahn til Aftonbladet om torsdagens opgør."

Danish sponsor Extrabladet has very few Articles about RL on their website...

you can just feel the entusiasm

14. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    lmao, that's a poor excuse for an excuse! "Our teams aren't enthused enough! That's why our teams suck so much compared to your teams!"

lmao

15. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    You're just ignorant....did you even read the links?

16. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    I don't understand why you care so much what one Norwegian might think.. I don't see Bruiser changing his mind based on something you might say..
    Let him have his opinion and for all sake, you have yours.. I can't think that neither of you have better things to do?

17. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    It's a matter of respect, he does not respect others opinions so i won't respect his.....when somebody else posts a opinion he often get a respons like "lmao" "you're stupid" etc.

And if someone can argue without having any bases of their arguments i feel obligated to argue against it.

18. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    Short said: You're easily provoked?
    For all I care.. Keep it going.. But I doubt you will get through....

19. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    I have a problem with people being ignorant and narrowminded....

20. Orange

Orange New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Perhaps you should look up what the Intertoto cup is, because this is nothing like it. It's the Scandinavian Champions League, because the champions and the best teams from Scandinavia are taking part.

Who cares what tv channel sends the tournament? I know for a fact, that TV Norge and TV5 Sverige, paid a lot for this tournament. I say, more power to them, for finally taking football seriously. The broadcasts so far have been outstanding, and wouldn't have been better if any other channels sent them.

Looks like you are just making up excuses, one after the other. :)

21. Orange

Orange New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Great day for the Danish teams today, who obviously care about the tournament! ;)

Odense played a tense and exciting match against Brann. An even first half ended 1-1, while Odense won the second half 2-1. Both teams could easily have scored a couple of more goals though, and in the last 15 minutes, one Brann attack followed the other, with a mix of lethal OB counter attacks every five minutes.

Esbjerg crushed Djurgården in Sweden, by winning 3-0. DIF had a very strong second half though, and should have scored several goals, but kept missing in front of the keeper.

Brøndby and København are also playing, and BIF are leading 1-0.

22. frepnil

frepnil Member

Dec 3, 2004
    guess you never watched Kanal 5, have you?

PLEASE read the links i posted...that's the public opinion outside Norway, RL has no importace what so ever!

You probably also think that Norway is the best football nation in Scandinavia?

23. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Booooh! Booooh!

The most fair result would've been a draw, but the crappy swedish judges
    let the guy in off-side take advantage of his position.

Even though, we are still group leaders and I feel confident we will take the
    necessary points after the winter break to win the group.

24. Orange

Orange New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    On the contrary, I was very pleased with Kanal 5 when I used to have it in my childhood home. Now I only have cable, with SVT1, SVT2, and TV4 as Swedish channels.

I've seen tons of people that hate the UEFA Champions League, people that think Scandinavian football in general sucks, and all kinds of other opinions on football and the various football leagues.

If someone thinks that Milan has low quality and is a boring team, that doesn't make Milan low quality. If someone thinks the Champions League a waste of time, that's fine, but it doesn't make the Champions League an umimportant competition, and if people don't like the idea of the Royal League, then fine, let them think that, but they are wrong.

This is much more than a friendly tournament, it is an official competition, and the winner will be the Champion of Scandinavia. Personally I think that those who are negative are just afraid that they will lose, and are trying to have something to fall back on if they do bad. Much of the scepticism in front of the tournament has been proved wrong. Many goals, entertaining matches, hardly fought battles, and great TV coverage. :)

25. Orange

Orange New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    A Brann fan I know from another football forum would have been proud of you. I think he is also a registered Big Soccer poster, as Jinxter, but he posts much more at this other board.

I guess it's typical that Brann fans are so patriotic. :p