Rovers vs Villa 10/29 [R]

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Rex Kramer, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    What, no thread for this yet?

Warnock grabs the lead for the good guys in the 31st minute. Sounds like it was preceded by some good passing play by Rovers.

Wish I could be watching this rather than stuck at work. :(

2. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we dominated the game but our defending is killing us. as of right now we are stuck in a relegation battle and west brom on saturday is a must win match. we cant win sometimes, we defend but we dont look like scoring. we attack but cant defend. our goal difference is now the worst in the league and that is going to get us relegated if we dont sort it out.

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Where is the biggest problem in the defense - who or what is causing us to leak all these goals? The only game I've caught anything of this season was the opening day win over Everton and the defense looked pretty strong in that, despite letting in 2.

4. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    mmm west ham away were we dominated but let in silly goals and should have won the game. arsenal at home again we let in silly goals. bolton we defended strongly but couldnt get anything going up front. same with boro at home although we defended badly for their goal. villa away we were sloppy in defence and even our assistant manager confirmed that. any one who has watched rovers over the last season and this will tell you our defence is dodge. it is down to every one that we leak goals not just the goal keeper who has been excellent in some games and the back four. defending starts from the front. hull at home was another one were we defended badly.

5. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, the honeymoon period is over. If we now have any reservations about Ince, we are fully within our rights to express them.

I'm quite scared. If we go down, we'll be buggered. It looks like we're going down, and Dring's right - our defence is currently the reason.

Revelian

6. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

its not that bad. looking forward to away trips to blackpool, preston and burnley. i dont think our board are going to make any rash dicisions as sacking ince as i believe in giving him time but i dont see were our next point is coming from. even if we are relegated i dont think he would be sacked unless we dropped through the divisions.

7. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not one for sacking a man less than half a season into his tenure. I just think that we can now be critical of him, if we wish, whereas before now it might have seemed harsh, because we need to give him time.

I think we need to make some more signings in defence so that the defenders who are performing badly know that their place in the team is at risk.

Look at Benni, Rocky Derbs and J-Rob - they're all fighting one another for a place in the line-up. I just feel that some of our defenders feel cushy, and that their place will not be under threat when they under-perform.

Revelian

8. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i agree there. just look at benni, i am pleased he has come back to form and willing to fight for his place were under hughes he wasnt. you have to wounder what sort of things were going on behind closed doors under sparkys last season. some people say our best centre backs are ooijer and zurab. maybe its time to give them a go.

9. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Zurab!?! Let's not go nuts! I think I'd be better in defence than him.

Revelian

10. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the factors could be Brad moving on. He was such a fixture back there an I'm sure when he spoke, the back four listened. Robinson likely hasn't earned that respect yet. Will he ever? Only time will tell.

11. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the defence wasnt good even with brad. in my opinion robbo is a far better goal keeper than brad but at the moment he lacks confidence. some of the saves i have seen robbo pull of during his spuds days convinced me of this. i did say over the last season and this our defence was dodge. the fact aston villa have better defenders than us is the reason villa havnt concided that many goals.

12. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Robbo better than Brad? I have to disagree with you there mate.

Revelian

13. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    eveyone is entitled to their opinion. i was talking when robbo was in top form and playing for england and spuds not at this very moment. i believe with a bit of confidence he will get back to his best. just when that will be i dont know. but even brad admitted in the telegraph that he has not been at his best and that was the reason he moved for a new challenge. although we all know the real reason.

14. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah - I mean if you're playing badly, you don't move to another club for a new challenge. It's normally the other way round.

Revelian