Rovers V. Man City, Sep 02 [R]

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Jilleen, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Jilleen

Jilleen New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    East Coast, Canada
    This just in...

Sav is fine... nothing broken... very badly bruised. Good for us that he isn't playing for Wales, so he's got two weeks to get better! Yeah!

2. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Sweet win.

Keep continue...

Next!

3. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definitely... I just have a feeling that we might be in for a lot of rough 1-0 wins this season, despite our depth.

4. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    great win for us but at the moment i just dont think we are taking our chances it should have really been 4-0 to us and i dont think city would have complained if it was but we are playing great stuff at the moment and keep it up i see no reason why we cant get champions league this season.

5. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a very optimistic view. If we get any injuries to big names, not to mention the odd suspension here and there, we'll drop points for sure.

I think we're dreaming if we think our team can sustain this fantastic run to extend to the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong, we're playing well, and showing the league what we're about. I just think we'll be in a slightly less rewarding position than the Champions League come May.

Revelian

6. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i know our run will come to an end at some point but thats were we need to go on another long run but so far there is not a lot to scare me in the premier league this year teams have spent big like your sunderlands and fulhams but trust me they will be in the bottom half but i havnt said we will get champions league i said there no reason why we cant but the thing which is going to work againts us is things like suspensions and the way refs are treating us at the moment.

7. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The way refs are treating us? What has a ref done to Rovers this season, that's been out of order?

Revelian

8. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well some of our yellows have been very questionable, as I pointed out over on that "Blackburn are still horrible to watch" thread in the Premiership forum where they're claiming that we're "still the dirtiest team" in the league. the foul that got Tugay sent off last week was unwarranted, for example. but nothing too bad yet. it'll be hard to top the West Ham game last season.

9. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When will we ever rid ourselves of the, "dirty," tag?

It seems like since Leeds went down, the league has been looking for a team to call, "dirty northern b@stards" - the shandy-drinking scum.

Revelian

10. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'll go to the Vegalta Sendai game this Sunday, and sometimes at the stadium I run into that English chick who's a Leeds supporter (I think I've mentioned that before.) I'll ask if she can pass along to the club that we Rovers fans would appreciate it if they'd get their sh!t together and come take that label back.

she must be a board member by now, I mean how expensive could it possibly be to buy a few shares? :D

11. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I got free shares in Leeds when I bought a four-pack of baked beans.

Revelian

12. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and under the lid, along with them, it said "Sorry, try again. :("

13. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "...obviously egging Leeds on for another attempt to become the greatest football team in the land, like their fans always thought they were..."

Revelian

14. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    thats what i mean other teams think we are dirty because of the bookings we pick up but nine times out of ten our player will get booked for a foul and the other team will make the same foul and not get punished for it and it is really frustrating and its all because chelsea and arsenal have brandid us bully boys but in both games both teams gave as good as they got a couple of years ago and nobody seams to point that out.

15. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chelsea score most of their goals by being strong, not dirty. So do we.

Yet Moan-rinho (did that on my own, I did) calls us dirty for employing the same tactics.

The only dirty player I can remember in recent times was Lucas "Leg-Breaker" Neill, but he's f**ked off to West Ham now.

Savage is only savage by name, in my opinion, but let's allow Chelsea and Arsenal their little whines. It only means they don't have to come up with other excuses for how they lost to us.

Revelian

16. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i give jose some credit he did say we were outstanding in the cup but wenger just makes up excuses because we took a point of them or we beat them and he doesnt like it but the thing is the refs read it in the paper and start to believe we are dirty and thats how they keep giving us silly little bookings all the time

17. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You're right. The referees do read into it too much, and go into games with certain players in the back of their mind. Whether the refs are biased or not, thinking about possible dirty teams and players, before you officiate a match involving them, can even subconsciously form prejudice.

Revelian