Rovers v. Liverpool, 10/30 [r]

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by blkbrnrvr, Oct 28, 2004.

1. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Is it any secret to anybody that we really need 3 points right now? Didn't think so. After two 4-0 embarassments on the trot I'd think that we will see some changes without a doubt.

I'd like to see.....
    -------Friedel
    Neill--Short--Matteo--Gray

Emerton-Ferguson-Flitcroft-Pedersen

---Dickov---Bothroyd

I really don't know if I can truly be satisfied with anybody in defense at this point, so I guess I'll go with Short and Matteo almost by default. Maybe Johansson's extra step would be more helpful against Cisse and Baros.

Pedersen, though still getting adjusted to England, gives us alot more out wide that either Jansen or Reid will. I'd almost go for De Pedro here as well, if only because I've seen so little of him this season.

Up front, we really can't do much worse than 7 goals in ten games, so I'm hoping to see something new here. Bothroyd has played sparingly, but has been somewhat lively in the minutes he has had. Djorkaeff can come on later if we need a spark.

Truthfully speaking, I'd settle for a point from this one, but with our current form I can't expect it. I'll go with a conservative guess of a 2-1 loss, as I think that Cisse and Baros will cause problems all day. I think we'll nick one in only because we're due one after 180 minutes of scoreless football. I just think it may be a while before it gets much better. :(

2. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    spectacularly astute observation!

your plan to nick a goal and pick up a point? excellent idea! cheers!

3. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I think we'll have to nick more than one with our backline, actually. I don't see us even getting a point from this one.

4. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    well, i'd like to see 'Pool get the 3 points, but i'm more looking ahead to the Depor match on 3/11. i wonder whether Rafa will play the team featured against Millwall or include the Spangladeros. if Garcia and Alonso play, with Cisse on the right side, as they did against Charlton and Millwall, woes to Rovers.

cheers, tho', mate

5. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Some good, some bad.
    If you had told me before hand that we'd get a point from this, I would have been pleased. Overall we looked as spirited as we have all season. The two goals allowed were poor, especially the giveaway that allowed Baros to score. I'm pleased that we actually looked quite potent at times today, so hopefully this vigor will carry into the stretch of games we have on tap, as we should be able to get some points in the next few weeks. I thought we could have had all three points, but as I sit here now, I actually feel a slight amount of optimism that hasn't been there in quite awhile. The boys deserve a round of applause for the outing today. :)

On a sad note, the injury to Cisse was horrible. Good luck to him in his recovery over the next few months, and here's to him knocking a few in next season...except against us of course!

6. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we got something out of this match even though I should be mad because Liverpool's second goal should have never happened.

7. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Freidel had a very good match for Blackburn.Blackburn had a suprise good defensive match didnt give away too many chances a couple from long range and the 2 goals except at the end they gave away a good chance but nothing else really was good enough to get a goal. If Blackbunr can just give away 4 or 5 chances then Freidel could stop those and Blackburn would have a chance to at least get a draw. Blackburn had a good match overall. The attack was a little better and the defense had a ok match this was the kind of result that Blackburn could use to get out of the relegation battle.

8. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I think the second goal is why I feel like we should have had all three from this. Poor and silly just don't quite cover it. Other than the goof up there, McEveley played pretty well.

9. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    That second goal was horrible. Blackburn should of took all 3 from this match they had the better chances LFC had more chances but, Blackburn had the better chances. It should of been 3-2 2 times in less than 2 minutes in the second half.