Rovers @ Fulham, 11/27 [R]

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by blkbrnrvr, Nov 26, 2004.

1. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    After a spirited individual performance from David Thompson last week in the draw with Birmingham, I would think that he may find a spot in the starting 11; Otherwise, I don't think Mark Hughes will make any changes.

Fulham comes in relatively healthy, and former Rovers frontman Andy Cole will be looking to help his current team avenge a 4-3 loss in the corresponding fixture last term.

I have to think this one will be very tough to win at the Cottage, so Blackburn may do well to come away with yet another draw.

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Has anything come of the FA investigating Reid for that elbow he threw last week? I haven't heard anything. So he's still in the team for this weekend, right?

3. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I've not heard of a final ruling from the FA, so yeah, I think he should be ok for Saturday. I have to think he'll be getting 3 games off from this, which is unfortunate, since he looks to be rounding into form.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He definately looked good going forward last week, though I'd like to see him work harder defensively.

I have the feeling we are just looking at another draw here. Though, one never knows.

5. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Reid may be forced to track back more in this one, as Boa Morte will definitely be pushing up on that side more times than not.

Hopefully Rovers can boss the midfield in this one, since Boa Morte will push up so often the numbers should be in Blackburn's favor in the middle of the park. They definitely need to choke off the supply lines, because I have a feeling that Andy Cole could be on top form for this one.

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    damn impressive first half thus far.

Once again Reid is involved in the goal as he gets a low cross ino Gallagher near post and it's tucked away. All Fulham really has had is one chance. Is this the week they stop leaking goals?

7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    in safety, at least for a few hours i think.

8. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy ********, we actually won an away game. It was beautiful to watch, and we are now OUT of the drop zone!!!

9. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    so I had to watch this one at a Pub in Atlanta on tape dealy, but I must say that we definitely looked the part of three points today. Aside from the chance Radzinski had early on, the defense looked as solid as it has in ages. Looks like Gallagher is making use of the time he is seeing too, with two goals in two games; suddenly there is quite a bit of competition to start alongside Dickov up front.

Apologies for goofing up in my earlier post re: Boa Morte. I should have checked the injuries and suspensions for Fulham before this one, but alas, I didn't. My bad. :)

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The defsnse looked exceptionally solid. Last week when Tugay was taken off for Thompson, he walked straight into the tunnel, and looked pissed as hell, but Saturday he played a great game. Maybe Hughes lit a fire under him, we can only hope it continues.

11. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Congrats to Blackburn Rovers on their win Saturday. Being the Fulham fan that I am, you dominated us. Your team showed a lot of heart and energy out there. Something I wish I could say for Fulham. I fear for Fulham's chances to survive this season. Things are not going well at all. Good luck to Blackburn in the next few games. I hope you can keep it up.

12. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    on a side note, this is two threads in a row with double digit replies. I know that doesn't sound like much, but given the fact that the Blackburn board used to go weeks without a single post, it looks like we're starting to get a few posters in here. I know that there won't be any of the massive threads we see in the Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool boards, but to have some steady stream of Rovers chat over here is a welcome change. Thanks to everybody for joining in lately.

13. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just got back home and watched the match (taped it), and it was great. We were tenacious up to the end, and we played good football through the midfield, too. I'm surprised that Short and Todd are the pair that has done so well, but that's why Sparkin is picking the team, not me. Johansson looked good on the left, and I like our midfield. Gallacher was also very impressive, and scored a great goal at the near post.

Spurs at home next, then away to Palace: hope we can keep this going!

14. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    and these are two matches I think we can get everything from as well. Hoepfully this is the start of a climb up the table.

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

It sorta makes you wonder what they will do in the transfer window as far as shoring up the defense.

16. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I'm certain that this area is still one to be addressed in January. Though the central pairing played well, it's no secret that Rovers do not posess a very athletic group of center-backs. Gabiddon of Cardiff has been the main defender rumored to be on the way in, but we shall see.