Round 6: Bayern Munich v. Bayer Leverkusen Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Back to Bundesliga and a very important match with Leverkusen. A win for us and we go level with them on points, a win for them and they go 6 points clear of us. A draw and they stay 3 points ahead. Should be an interesting match, but hopefully Maakay can bag a few more goals for us to win.

2. Fkesoccer

Fkesoccer New Member

Jul 22, 2001
    The bst match this week, they better show it on Fox Sports World!!

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002

my thoughts exactly!

They haven't updated the schedule to show who's playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    They got a good choice this week. 5th is playing vs 1st (Bayern vs Bayer), 2nd vs 3rd (Stuttgart vs Dortmund) and 4th vs 6th (Bremen vs 1860)...

According to Interwetten, Bayer is the biggest outsider of the whole Bundesliga this weekend

5. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    FSW will be showing Bayern - Bayer.

Bayern are 40W-6L-17D playing at home during Oktoberfest.

6. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Thanks Texan!

7. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    H/T 2-1 to Leverkusen.
    Maakay for Bayern, Ramelow and Franca for Leverkusen.

8. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Doesn't look like we can win a Blumentopf with this defense. It's beginning to look suspiciously like Real Madrid--buy offense, neglect defense. Where the **** is Demichelis?

But I agree with Kahn, the problem starts at the defensive midfield, compounded by exceptionally bad positional play (Stellungsspiel) in defense. It's not a single player's fault; the whole defense doesn't know how to play as a unit.

9. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    3-2 Munchen, down 1 man!

Holy $#!t did you see that fake free kick from Ballack! LMAO! That was genius!

10. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    The Arsenal of Germany. We go down a man (Ze Roberto sent off) and it propels us to score two to take the lead (Santa Cruz & Ballack). Hold on, Bayern!

11. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Bastard, er I mean Basturk, with the equalizer at the 81st minute.

12. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    My 56k modem can't keep up with the scoring! The concept of defense is just thrown away, as Sagnol puts us up again. Now 4-3 Bayern.

Or not, friggin Sky Sports reported a yellow card as a goal, it appears. 3-3 draw is the final.

Looking forward to watching this when I get home.

13. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Our defense really needs to improve.

14. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    That was no way a Red Card!!!! What the hell was the referee thinking!

Ballack's goal was super in any case to make up for his missed penalty and I can be happy with a draw with one man down

The defense looks weak and Kahn seems to be going downhill he should have saved the first goal

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just saw the game. What a thriller......

My two cents

1) Ballack's pass to Makkay was world class. Makkay's finish was even better(reminded me of VMD7s goal against Arsenal in the CL). Makkay disappeared after the goal. He was nowhere to be seen.

2) bayern Munich would have pulled away if Ballack scored the PK. They were in control. Then, they had a defense lapse. Leverkusen went 2-1. Linke was responsible. After that goal, Bayern Munich was

3) Why was Ze Roberto red carded? The replay showed nothing. The ref was inconsistant in his carding. he should have carded Santa Cruz and Lucio in the first half. There were another incident afterward. He also did nothing. He also carded Ramelow for a rough tackle, but ignored Ze Roberto's reaction(he tried to kick ramelow)on the same play. he should at least get a verbal warning for this play, but the ref did nothing.... Ze Roberto was sent off for nothing later on.

4) Ballack.... that free kick!!!! The best goal I have seen this season.... not really, but close.

5) Basturk..... the ball curved into the net. Kahn had no chance. Another great goal!!! However, Bayern Munich could have cleared the ball before it got to basturk.

6) Overall, Bayern Munich needed to work on their defense. If they play liked this, they won't go far in the CL.

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What did he get carded for? His action against Lucio or the colliding with the player right before that.....

17. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Looks like everyone wants to go forward and be the hero--not the proper concept for the back-four. I think they can do a lot better with the same players, but they really need to start sticking to their job descriptions first. It's easy to blame the central defenders (Kovac, Linke), but that doesn't address the full problem. Still, central defense is currently the weakest point of the Bayern game, followed by weak play in the defensive midfield. Nonetheless, the defensive midfield play has to step up first, because if central defense always has to put out the fires then the whole team screwed up.

18. onetouch

onetouch New Member

May 4, 2003
    Dallas
    HAHAHA a Real Madrid fan trying to coach Bayern on defensive frailities ROFL

6) Overall, Bayern Munich needed to work on their defense. If they play liked this, they won't go far in the CL.

19. onetouch

onetouch New Member

May 4, 2003
    Dallas
    All I have to say is look how a big a difference 3 or 4 months can make on how a defense plays. Bayerns defense start the season vs. Bayerns defense post bayern victory against dortmund at home last campaign, lightyears. Its not lack of talent at the back. Bayern will undoubtably advance through the grp stages by then it will be a few months down the road and the defense will look pretty different I reckon. CL isnt their worry atm its losing ground in the BL.

20. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    The highlight show proved the ref right with the ejection. Ze Roberto kicked Lucio intentionally after the ref had already stopped the confusing scene. Ref mistakes were the free kick that Ballack scored (Lucio played the ball and did not foul Ballack), but Bayern had to get a second pk short before the end as well. All in all I think both sides can live with the probably deserved score.

21. onetouch

onetouch New Member

May 4, 2003
    Dallas
    LOL you're right Basti, Kahn looks like he has aged 6 or 7 years in the last 2(maybe its just his hair or something).

22. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Ze Roberto's been banned for 3 matches which is absurd when it was definately undeserved.

onetouch: Well he has had an on-going problem with his eye so hopefully it is just that. He's off field antics also have him distracted