Round 18: Frankfurt v. Bayern Munich Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    First game back in the Bundesliga after the winter break, and we hopefully will win. Well, it depends on our defence... I predict a 3-1 victory for Bayern.

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    I must have changed my mind after seeing some of the results of our friendlies. 5-3 against lower league teams isn't good enough. I'll leave my prediction 3-0 in the prediction game though.

4. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Probable line up:

Kahn, Sagnol, Demichelis, Kuffour, Lizarazu, Hargreaves, Ze Roberto, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Pizarro, Makaay

Classic 4-4-2 or the attacking 3-4-3 ?

5. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Your lineup is a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-1. I like it, however. Personally, I don't think that Bayern has the defenders to play three in the back. Well, maybe they do, but sorely lacking are defensive mids that can really stuff the opposition--Jerry's past his prime, and Hargreaves is good but not great. Therefore four defenders are a must.

6. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    It looks like a classic 4-4-2. From what I‘ve read Ballack will be given more freedom to join the forwards while the wide mids will have help out hargreaves more in protecting the defense, which all makes sense. I’m interested in seeing how Demichelis will do, if he is a long term solution for the Bayern defense.

7. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    39 seconds GOAL!!!!! KING ROY!!!!

8. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    btw I don't normally hold a high regard for Ailton but he's playing fantastic today !!

Bremen 2 - 0 Berlin

*Am I going to get a yellow for this :D

9. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    It's a mauling... 3 - 0 "Micoud

Well no hope for catching up on the leaders this week :(

10. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Good one, Hitzfeld. Abandon the 4-3-3 formation which worked so well for Bayern in December.

11. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    What can you say? If we don't improve, who knows what will happen when we play madrid?

12. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    No comment...

I don't know what is wrong anymore

13. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Madrid doesn't matter; Frankfurt does (or did :() Who cares if we win or lose against Madrid... We all know FCB won't win the CL this season, the quality just isn't there (the talent sure is). Winning against Madrid would be so meaningless. People care about prestige; it's so misplaced.

With the money spent on the team, and the players on the roster, I have an obligation to be an Erfolgsfan. FCB is just really pissing me off. All the players care about is the big matches--they just don't count if the team can't muscle a win in the "little" matches.

I'm not even disappointed anymore, just disgusted.

14. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Can't disagree with that. :(

15. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern just does not have a good mix of players. Sure, individually they look great on paper. But they don't blend, and they don't have the proper talent where they need it.

Most problematic is the lack of a true playmaker. With Scholl and Deisler both constantly out, and Ballack being more of a defensive mid that goes forward, they have a huge hole there.

The first half of the season, Ballack was constantly playing hurt, so we have yet to see his best.

Also, their center of defense has sucked, badly. Only Koufour has been solid. Kovacs, who can be excellent, has been horribly inconsistent. Linke has has a bad season as well. Demichelis isn't ready yet.

Santa Cruz has looked lost, as has Ze Roberto. Lizu is past his prime.

Also, Kahn hasn't been his monsterous best, as he was two seasons ago. He's lost a bit in his game.

Hitzfeld seems to be clueless as to how to use everyone in the most effective line-up possible. The three forward attack seemed to be working farily well before the break, then he abandoned it.

16. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Correct. Hitzfeld is trying to mold the players to a system, instead molding a system to the players.