Round 13: TSV 1860 Munich v. Bayern Munich Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    This Munich derby could prove crucial in Bayern's season. Bayern, aiming to extend a run of six Munich derby wins, will need to win this match to keep up with the teams above them. They will also need to win to keep their confidence high, which could prove vital when it comes to Bayern's important Champion's League match with Celtic. Celtic are currently on excellent form, and we'll definetly need to improve on recent performances if we're going to have a chance of winning in Glasgow. Hopefully Maakay will be fully ready after his game against Scotland tonight, and Pizarro and Ze Roberto after Peru and Brazil's World Cup qualifying match.

2. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hargreaves is back

Should add some grit to the midfield.

3. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Some Derby Stats

FCB has won 102 out of the last 197 games against 1860. 49 games have been ties, with the Lions having been victorious in 46 games.
    FCB has scored a total of 433 goals in these 197 games, whereas 1860 has found the back of Bayern's net 272 times.

Bayern celebrated its most recent victory against 1860 on 2/15/2003 with a 5-0, in front of a crowd of 69,000. Their most recent defeat against 1860 was on 4/15/2000 when the Lions outplayed FCB 2-1.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any Predictions?

I can't wait to watch this one. Being my 1st yr following the Bundesliga...DERBIES are really fun. Does 1860 really have a chance? I know that Bayern is not their dominate self....but come on...lol.

I'm predicting a 3-1 Bayern victory...just a gut reaction. I have only seen 1860 on the Bundesliga Highlight Show on FSW.

5. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The latest news re the 1860 match

For FCB, Ze Roberto and Roque Santa Cruz won't be starting, as they were playing for their respective teams in the world cup qualifiers this week in South America (oh great). For Santa Cruz, Bastian Schweinsteiger could be summoned into the starting lineup. Deisler we already know, is suffering from depressions, and is officially on the injured list as "having the flu".

For 1860, Martin Stranzl is on the injured list. He could possibly be replaced by U21 player Andreas Görlitz at right defense.

I guess it's up to Ballack to save the day.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oktoberfest...

Welcome to Big Soccer! Play nice with others....lol.

Another person who is into the Bundesliga...I'm new to German footie....I like what I have seen so far. Thank goodness for Bundesliga Highlight Show on Fox Sports World.

7. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Re: Oktoberfest...

Thanks Catfish. Pleasure to be here. Looks like a good group of soccer fans. Of course, I haven't checked out the Italian boards yet ;) But hey, it's not politics or religion, it's only soccer (hope that wasn't blasphemy now).

As far as FSW, I wish they wouldn't show Geman BL only Sunday mornings at 6:00am or thereabouts. That's when people go to bed for crying out loud. But maybe that has also something to do with TV broadcasting rights and such. Is FSW owned by Rupert Murdoch? If so, I wish he'd buy the BL. This way the fans of German soccer would be put on equal footing with the English and South American soccer fans, as far as airtime goes.

Anyway, see you around here.

8. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Speaking of 1860 Munich

Speaking of 1860 Munich ...

HSV's Sergeij Barbarez "checking" 1860's Andreas Görlitz's shave:

[​IMG]

9. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Probable line-up's from fcb.de:

1860 Munich: Hofmann- Stranzl, Hoffmann, Costa, Tyce- Cerny, Meyer, Schwarz, Weissenberger- Schroth, Lauth

Bayern Munich: Kahn- Sagnol, Kuffour, Kovac, Lizarazu- Schweinsteiger, Jeremies, Ballack, Salihamidzic(Ze Roberto)- Santa Cruz(Pizarro), Maakay

Bayern will be without Seba Deisler, who in my opinion has been their most impressive player in recent weeks. I don't think this will cause them too many problams though. My prediction: 1860 1-3 Bayern

10. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    TSV 1860 Munich - Bayern Munich 0-1 (0-1)

TSV 1860 Munich: Hofmann - Görlitz, Hoffmann, Costa, Tyce - Cerny (Davids 84), Stranzl, Schwarz (Agostino 82), Weissenberger (Kioyo 73) - Lauth, Schroth

Bayern Munich: Kahn - Sagnol, Kovac, Kuffour, Lizarazu - Hargreaves (Schweinsteiger 90+1), Jeremies, Ballack, Salihamidzic - Makaay, Santa Cruz (Pizarro 75)

Referee: Herbert Fandel (Kyllberg)

Attendance: 69,000 (capacity)

Goals: 0-1 Makaay (34)

Yellow Cards: Stranzl (38), Görlitz (54) / Ballack (39), Makaay (45+1)

Red Cards: Görlitz (60, second yellow) / Salihamidzic (60)

11. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Terrible game...

I guess Tuesday Bayern will get the wake up call for the season when Celtic knock us out of the Champions League.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That would be a real shot!

I know Celtic have played some great footie this season, but is Bayern that BAD to get knocked out already. Maybe Bayern Munich is a tad overrated?

13. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Re: That would be a real shot!

Just not hungry enough. Sort of a fat-cat-syndrome. Teams simply can't get by in the CL anymore by just putting in a minimum effort.