Pre-match: Round 1, Group D, 2014 World Cup qualifying game nr. 6/10 : Netherlands vs Romania

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 25, 2013.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    VDV and RVP saved the day once again. :D

I think LVG made a mistake in making Kuyt (dude never plays!) and Strootman his next captains after Sneijd'0r when there are more deserving players around like the 2 van's.

I watched Strootman for Oranje closely and he had a lot of misplaced passes. What happened with the Strootman we know before he became captain?

Robben is such an enigma, you can tell that he rather wants to play on the right and finds it difficult to stay on the left as imposed by van Gaal. Robben applauded de Vrij's long cross because he had critised the other players of not giving him the ball as much as he wanted when he had no markers in the Estonia match.

Lens always scores and that is why he should always play.

2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When was this? He became known to us as Kevin backpass pretty quickly after BvM started calling him up. Then after the Germany game he stopped getting minutes under BvM. Under LvG he was crap from the very first game he played, but for some reason he loves him.

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He was MOM in the game against Finland under Bert.

And he was absolutely World Class in 1st WC Qualifier or so when he played as RCM in the 1st half and Fer came on and he moves to DM and he was bloody brilliant with a sweet assist.

He has a good reading of the game, grit, steel and is a fighter. However, his attacking play has greatly fallen. I remember he was considered to offensive and hence Bert chose De JONG-MVB and he was discussed a cross between De Jong and VDV.

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    As for Robben I think he has outgrown the Winger Role. He wants more involvement, to dictate the tempo, score goals and make the difference.

He should shift to a 2nd Striker, CAM or ST role in the next 1-1.5 years if he wants to be effective in the long term. A switch like Messi into a False 9 would do wonders for Robben's career.

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    WHAT???? He was absolute crap in the first half of the game. He just ran around being physical but did absolutely nothing positive on the ball. In the second half when Fer came on the other team tired a bit and he was better in the DM spot.

6. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yea and Sneijder has his space and he was so dominantly left-footed he found it hard to do anything on the right apart from frisking the opposition. He was allright defensively, average overall.

However, he was Fantastic in the DM Spot when he played in the middle when he got to use his left foot properly and had a fantastic assist too. Few and far good performances I guess.

7. I think van Gaal has a deja vu experience with this Orange squad, similar to that with the young 1993 Ajax bunch. I think he enjoys it alot as these "kids" are eager to learn and full of ambition. Hope that he pulls of a 1995 stunt in 2014.

8. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think it's called the Mark van Bommel effect.:sick: Wait till Mark becomes a coach and destroys Dutch football.

Orange14 and he so scrumptiouz repped this.