Rothman's Medal 2015/2016

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Aug 7, 2015.

?

What is the Best Side Comp in All Rocks??

1. Rothman's Medal

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Golden Boot

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Fantasy Olympics

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Blech/ Muppet Eliminator

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. Naughty Boys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Anything that 1800 runs that no one understands

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Set off the fireworks, sing in the streets, raise the roof and all that crap, the best side game of All Rocks (survey says :D) is BACK !

For all those who do not know what this is all about (where have you been>???) , here is a brief summary...

The Rothmans Medal will be awarded to the manager whose starting 11 acquires the most Bonus points throughout the entire season. It is only based on your starting 11 each week and there are no double ups for captains.

A bit of history for you non-aussies...... the Rothmans medal was awarded back when all sports were cool in the 70's and 80's to the best and fairest player in the National Rugby League Competition. It was voted on by referress on a 3,2,1 points system for each game and player who polled the most points for the season got the medal. It was abondoned in 1997 when tobacco companies stopped being allowed to sponsor sporting events etc.:(

For those who get bored easy, or amused even easier, there will be a weekly (or as close to weekly as I can get) update posted here. Level of amusement/ clarity/ spelling/ grammar / gerneral sensemaking varies greatly depending on what time of the night this is written, so hang in there :)

As per the trend, there is a google docs link as follows:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m8EQKx3cwTHitcW6Het3UzY_3rFGYEv-2x6DZBhPZ0w/edit#gid=0

Good luck all :cool:

lobomojo and Sonabert repped this.
  2. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Most popular in a survey ? Who did they ask ? The mothers of the disappeared !! There was more sightings of Elvis than a Rothmans update , ! ;-) Fireworks this year , wahoo !! Let's just hope the fuses don't get wet and smoulder a slow dying death like last year !!

3. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is the Medallion I'm after; if only to look like Elvis, or Hal's twin brother.

Does the sticky-on, hairy chest come gift-wrapped?

DrHeckle repped this.
  4. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    & the wait goes on ..... 2 days until the search for Heckle & Rothmans starts again in earnest ;-)

DrHeckle repped this.
  5. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Calm the farm.... it is on it's way ... by carrier pigeon :whistling:

6. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Clay pigeon, more like.

DrHeckle and Sonabert repped this.
  7. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nice one ! Quite appropriate really , he is definitely there to be shot at this year if the updates start getting rarer as the season wears on. PULL !

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  8. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just for the record, you can all go and get .... apologies @kopiteinkc ....... %#@!*ed :p

9. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You need to pick nicer words Bally Boy is a tad upset now ... Clay_pigeon_shooting_lessons_beginner.jpg

Denis Horan and DrHeckle repped this.
  10. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ahhhhhh.. is that what he looks like . I knew it!! :D

Sonabert repped this.
  11. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Is this competition an urban legend...?

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Only in the mind of the mythical Dr Heckle !!

13. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    oh crap.... timeframe has shrunk. Since when is there Friday Night Footy in EPL ?? :eek:

BalanceUT repped this.
  14. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Peleton

For those crap at Maths, or life in general, if you are not in these 20 places, you are in the Top 12 ... oooooo lucky you !!! Update to come later on ...

13 FC Springfield Small 4
    14 Kopite Juniors Dust 4
    15 wewunwunce Sand 4
    16 WhataBunchofMuppets! Small 4
    17 ColdDogSoup FC Small 3
    18 Eternal City FC Dust 3
    19 Keyser Soze Wanderers Sand 3
    20 Romans Riches Sand 3
    21 Top Shelf Small 3
    22 716 Blues VSR 2
    23 FC St Pauli VSR 2
    24 Aviators Small 1
    25 Ben Giveth & Benteke Sand 1
    26 Fergy Red Nose 2 Dust 1
    27 St Martin Of Name Changes Small 1
    28 FC Weymouth VSR 0
    29 FC Yankees Dust 0
    30 ParraRaiders Sand 0
    31 Potomac Highlanders Sand 0
    32 Stormin Gunners Dust 0

15. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    & there it is , the first excuse of many to come .......... Fixture list has been out weeks & he realises with 24 hours to go ... Facepalm.jpg

16. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #16 DrHeckle, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Hoi.... get off my thread with your bullying nay saying posts. there is only room for one of us on here ;)

As a duty of care, and since I am such a good bloke.... I have set up another Thread for you..... it is entitled
    " Throw Your Toys Out Of The Pram .... at least until the Rothman's Update is Done " This is a thread where you can frolick about , bitching and moaning about the absence of Updates etc...

Please reserve the official Rothman's Medal Thread for Professional Posts only (as far apart as they may be :eek:) ...and post your whiney dribble over there... :devilish:

Oh... and extreme lol :laugh: , that you think I looked at the Fixture List .. ummmm... ever :ROFLMAO:

17. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's obviously going to be the thread to visit for laughs.

DrHeckle repped this.
  18. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Blimey stop throwing your toys out & take a look at this ... http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads...st-until-the-rothmans-update-is-done.2023685/

DrHeckle repped this.
  19. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  20. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rothman's Medal - Top 10 (or so) - Week 1

1st Bally Boyz (Sand)) - 8
    This week: 8pts (3pts - Cabaye & Ayew ; 2pts - Richards)- ..... Hopefully Bally Boys can stop crying at all my swearing today, and can be perked up that he is on top of The Medal. Nice solid start all around for Denis, could have been so much better if he had of selected the right Captain... although I don't think he was the Lone Ranger in that department for GW 1. Your team certainly has some upside when Hazard scores 2nd lowest of your entire 11 .

2nd -Chris Suttons Slippers (VSR) 8
    This week: 8pts (3pts- Adrian; 2pts - Richards & Barkley ; 1pt - Willian) - Equal in points, but costs himself Top Spot on the countback rules on a couple of accounts. Firstly he was smart enough to start Adrian, whereas everyone else, including me, left him on the bench. Smart move yes, but that made me a tad jealous so down the ladder u go. But most importantly, the countback was worked on the amount of times the "tardiness" of the Rothman's update was mentioned by each manager ....hee hee hee

3rd - BiggerBoat(Sand) - 7
    This week: 7pts (pts - Yaya , 2pts - Darmian & Barkley) - Good to see my one delve into the unknown ( for me this is any world outside EPL) paid off with Darmian netting a good debut. Rest of the squad was stick to who I know, and it worked for now, and fingers crossed it continues. 17 points left on my bench ..ouch !

4th - Dynamo Teso (Dust)- 6
    This week: 6 pts (3pts-Cisse; 2pts - Darmian ; 1pt - Tadic) ... Good to see Tessy back in business, but another who left a stack of points (14) on the bench . Interesting to see how his Man City trio go against Chelsea this round , I am sure Chelsea don't want to fall 5 pts adrift this early, or they might start firing the canteen ladies too

5th - Sasha Juniors (VSR) - 6
    This week: 6pts - (3pts- Yaya ; 2pts - Azpulacuetta; 1pt - Romero) - Sasha has always been a savvy character, and having Romero in his squad is a nice move, and then to start him is nicer again. Didn't have total faith in the Man U "D" however, as he leaves Big Chris Smalling on the bench, costing him 9 big ones .

6th - Unathletic Beerbao (Dust) - 6
    This week: 6pts (3pts- Cabaye; 2pts - Couhtino ; 1pt - Clyne). - Nice welcome to one of the better named teams into All Rocks Land , as he scores a Top 10 spot here. I am sure the team name is a stab at me in some way , just can't put my finger on it .. Having your pointsgetters all start with the same letter is a nice touch also, so golf claps all around for one of our newbys

7th - blechs dawgs (VSR) -5
    This week: 5pts (3pts - Mahrez ; 2pts - Couthino) .... Is old Blech the only one to pick up this Mahrez character before he actually scored 15 pts .. nice job . Other managers try and be as smart , eg: some Muppet in Small Rocks who practically traded him at half time in the Leicester game, then put his hands up , saying "what ... no... I always had him in my team look !"

8th - Denoc 75 (VSR)) - 5
    This week: 5pts -(3pts Ayew- ; 2pts -Kompany) - the fact that Denis is in a higher division than me still mystifies me, but not much about Denis doesn't to be honest. Has a nice solid team and handled the Draft pressure well,with requests of proxying and a trip to Japan failing to put him off his game.

9th - FC Touchline Ban (Small) - 5
    This week: 5 pts (2pts - Azpiculetta & Darmian ; 1pt - Clyne) - 27 points form 3 x defenders and a keeper. Has an Ok midfield but a not so OK forward line, so Touchy had better hope the defender strong scores keep shining though

10th- GloryDaze (Small)) - 5
    This week: 5pts ( 3pts - Smalling ; 2pts - Coutinho) - I love it when someone who is 24th in all Rocks can be in Top 10 here, . I guess having your keeper sent off does not help !

11th - JourneyMan (Dust) - 5
    This week: 5pts - (3pts - Yaya ; 2pts - Azculpuletta) - I love it when someone can be 1st in All Rocks and outside Top 10 here. Seriously though, rocketing start to a newcomer, topping all 32 of us straight up. Has Baines on the pine also so has some $$ to splash around if he chooses to trade him out.

12th - Real Newark (VSR) - 5
    This week: 5pts - (3pts - Cabaye ; 1pt- Clyne & Kolarov) . nice to see someone brave enough to run with Kolorov.... I think the 7 pts he scored this week easily eclipses the TOTAL point he has scored in the last 3 seasons for the combined 22 weeks or so I owned him for!

21. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Took me so long to rep this as I had to read it repeatedly over the last few days just to make sure it wasn't a figment of my fertile imagination... :p

lobomojo and DrHeckle repped this.
  22. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I totally understand the lack of updates; having been through the excitement of creating original cup competitions that amuse me; and then finding out that some people might actually want to know how the tournament is progressing, from week to week.

:eek:

23. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Appreciate that , this will be updated regularly , but no way will it be religiously weekly . If that annoys some people then so be it.

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm annoyed. Consider all medals you legitimately win in the FO revoked until you can guarantee weekly updates for The Rothmans that do this spectacular cup competition the justice it deserves!

DrHeckle repped this.
  25. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rothmans Medal Emergency Committee Meeting -

CSS - minus 5 BP penalty for bring the Rothmans Medal into Disrepute (we need no help in that area thanks :D)

BalanceUT and frasermc repped this.