Rooney's Wristband

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Richie #11, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Richie #11

Richie #11 New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    London
    Anyone see the wristband Rooney was wearing tonight, looked like a blue livestrong! anyone have any idea what it was?

2. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    its probably just plain blue bands.....if you ever watch the NBA....theyre always loaded with those kinda bands...im seeing a lot of MLS players where them too

3. Soulphish

Soulphish Member

Dec 2, 2001
    West Virginia
    I think the blue NIKE bands say "Team" on them

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That would make sense as it only seemed to be Nike players who had them on. I know you can get pink bands for breast cancer, red bands for aids, and teal bands for ovarian cancer. But i've not seen any blue ones. But i actually thought they were the wrong shade of blue for baller ID bands.

appleCORR

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The band could possibly be an autism charity band. I believe they are blue. But sure we will see more of them around.

appleCORR

6. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    its a livestrong band. there are tons on ebay.

[​IMG]

looks a bit dodgy.

[​IMG]

bush bands?

[​IMG]

7. Easy

Easy New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Jo Whiley on Radio 1 was just talking about them, aparently they are something to do with a radio 1 Charity, Rio & Rooney were wearing them, so was Bono from U2, theres going to be an announcement in the next few days. Aparently because the yellow LIVESTRONG bracelets are so hard to get over here these are more like the UK version.

8. DSRW7

DSRW7 Member

Sep 27, 2004
    SO'TON, INGLATERRA
    I got this one a few weeks back along with the yellow livestrong and white "team" band. Was it this one rooney was wearing?
    [​IMG] (Not Linked)

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw the blue livestrong bands on eBAY. They do look a bit dodgey! And since Rooney wore one last night they've been going from anything from £15 -£35 just for one band!

I find it hard to believe that the LAF would bring out another colour band i mean yellow is what makes it so recognisable.

Its cool if radio 1 are doing some though for the ppl who cant get livestrong bands. We'll have to wait and see if they are going to be as popular.

appleCORR

10. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    ya they are fakes....if you think about it the reason the bands are yellow are becuase the Yellow Jerseys in the tour de france...which Armstrong was in

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah i know that. That is why it didnt make sense for them to bring it out in so many different colours. But so many people are just buying these blue bands off ebay because they think its what rooney was wearing. And really it was something completely different thats going to cost £1! - lol

appleCORR

12. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    Just a little more info regarding the blue band. As far as I know it is about an anti-bullying campaign made up by the BBC which will start tomorrow.

13. Richie #11

Richie #11 New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    London
    I've actually heard since I wrote the post that they may be for the different types of cancer.
    As everyone knows the yellow band was for Lance Armstrong's cancer fund, but I have heard that the different colours represent the different forms, and that there will soon be a pink one representing breast cancer.
    Not sure about that, but someone told me that's what it was!

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah there are a few that are for different types of cancer.

Pink - Breast Cancer
    Teal - Ovarian Cancer

and i know they are bringing out a red one for worlds aids day. But an anti bullying one sounds cool. And im sure they will be easier to get than the liveSTRONG bands.

appleCORR

15. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia
    there for different types of cancer and its like a lance armstrong thing, my little brother has it so he has a few of them

16. Easy

Easy New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Radio one just announced the blue wrist bands are for a new campaign against bullying, its on the radio 1 website now.

17. BaRkEr_4

BaRkEr_4 New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    the website is www.need2know.co.uk and you can get a free wristband if you follow the links! :cool:

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers for the link its cool they are giving them away :)

appleCORR

19. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

Unfortunately they are only shipping to the UK. They DEFINAELY need them here in the US. Just watch the detroit/indiana basketball game! :( Gotta love those american role models...

...just my 2 cents...

20. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin

not only that....the SC/ Clemson football game....terrible stuff......and not to mention the racism all over the world :(

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sure loads of them will appear on ebay. I think its cool they are giving them away though :) Sure there will be something like this in America though. Its a new idea for the UK. Not many people actually know what liveSTRONG bands are for so we will have to see how it takes off over here.

But its a good idea to raise awarness!!

appleCORR

22. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Speaking of racism, are there any fight/end racism wristbands? Just curious.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not that i have seen. But i am sure that will be the next thing? I know there are pretty much bands for everything else in the states. But i think LiveSTRONG is still the daddy of all bands - lol.

appleCORR

24. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

You can buy t-shirts from www.kickitout.org , the kick racism out of football website.

I would think the blue livestrong bands and that are fake, otherwise his website wouldn't be www.wearyellow.com !

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The blue liveSTRONG bands are certainly fake. But unfortunatly it isnt stopping people from bidding stupid amounts of money for them on eBAY! and the sad thing is people are only bidding that much on them because they think its what Rooney was wearing the other week. When he was actually wearing a free one. Just makes me sick how people make so much profit on these things.

appleCORR